It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Goodbye to Youtube

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I had the same problem with this site and u tube only last week. Ran crap cleaner and both sites worked fine after that. I was told by a member something about my browser catch?? Heck I barely know what I'm doing, but I hope this might help.

I am a computer tech eunuch BTW.
edit on 6-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Man, Youtube has been annoying me for a while too. Sometimes the buffering stops completely, making me have to refresh the page. Grrr!

I'm going to try that IP blocking trick.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by jiggerj

dottech.org...This article will help you with the You Tube buffering problems.

edit on 6/4/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

Command not found. I think my Norton antivirus program is stopping me from adding that line.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I watched a news story about March Madness and the fact that they had to limit streaming video's in order to keep servers up due to high demand. This might be due to high demand for streaming video that happens occasionally for whatever reason. They have to choose risking an overload and crash or limit internet speed to keep it up.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Command not found. I think my Norton antivirus program is stopping me from adding that line.

Jigger, this is just my opinion, but it is coming from someone with many years in the computer industry. The consumer version of Norton is bloatware. Norton and Mcafee are the worst anti-virus programs to be running on your computer. They cause more problems than they will ever solve. Both of these companies know this, because I have talked to them. But they're afraid to go back to what works, because it's too simple. People are convinced all those fancy bells and whistles are like a magic wand, and it sells the program.

Never pay for an anti-virus, until the day comes we have to. Get rid of that Norton, and download "Microsoft Security Essentials". It's free, it's simple, it isn't a resource hog, and it does what its supposed to do without all the bloat.

On topic: I seldom have a problem with youtube, but I do know that some isp's frequently throttle(limit bandwidth) to certain ip addresses. What Glen posted is helpful in many cases.

Also, as was posted above by rocky. Download a copy of "ccleaner" from "filehippo.com", and use it daily. "Regular computer maintenance solves more problems than the best programs out there". Quoting myself from years ago, and it has proven true, time and time again.

BTW. Update your adobe flash, and Java. You haven't done it for awhile.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
"Regular computer maintenance solves more problems than the best programs out there". Quoting myself from years ago, and it has proven true, time and time again.

BTW. Update your adobe flash, and Java. You haven't done it for awhile.

I updated the flash, but the java reports that I have the latest version. Norton performs maintenance tasks every day, but the reason I keep it is because I have been shown time and time again that is soooo reliable when my pc is attacked by viruses. For $60 bucks a year I just can't see doing away with something that has proven itself to me every week.

Last night I was listening to music on youtube and had no problem whatsoever. This tells me that youtube gets overloaded during the day and bogs down. It is simply not my computer, but thank you so much for your concern! You're a great guy!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Suit yourself, kind sir. It's your computer, and I wouldn't presume to tell you otherwise.

I agree it's not necessarily your computer. I have a very fast connection, and high end computers. youtube has had bandwidth issues for quite some time now. I'm just fortunate enough to have an isp that, so far, doesn't throttle my connection, except in rare cases to certain sites(Still looking into that). So if youtube is acting funky, I usually know where there problem is.

Sounds like you're old school, and one of the few people I've run across that actually realizes computers are like anything else. They need upkeep.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by jiggerj

Sounds like you're old school, and one of the few people I've run across that actually realizes computers are like anything else. They need upkeep.

I was all in to computers up to Windows 2000. People came to me to fix theirs. Took a course at the local college for Windows XP when it first came out, and then something happened. My health has been failing for quite sometime and it's as if my mind just decided to let go of all that info. I just don't try to keep up with maintenance anymore, other than cleaning the registry from time to time. Norton performs the other tasks on its own. It's been a little over three years without any problems whatsoever with this computer.

Call it Norton or dumb luck, but I'm sticking with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Had the same problem until I updated my flash player, haven't had problems yet. Only time I have problems with YT is when my Internet is acting up.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join