It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder of Meredith Kercher: So Many Holes Still In Amanda Knox' Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am saying right away I am not convinced in the slightest about the innocence of Amanda and Raffaelle, and I don't care what "side" someone is on.

Even after so many years and countless books and blogs, the holes in the story just keep on piling up.

I am actually starting to believe that Raffaele had some significant part in this role, which is astonishing in a sense because media attention seems ONLY focus on Amanda.

* One thing which really irks me is the lies and contradicting statements about the night on the murder. Those have already been discussed 1000 times but I simply don't get them out of my head.

For the most important time of the whereabouts of the two, we have ZERO alibi - not only do we have no alibi, we have obvious lies which are already proven lies. I wonder...WHY?

The two told prosecutors they slept til 10am the morning Meredith's body was found, but there is hard, undeniable proof that the PC in Raffaele's apartment was turned on at 5:32am on this morning. There is ALSO undeniable proof that the cell-phone was turned on at the same time and received several calls from voice-mails the night before.

Despite of those facts (!) they maintained the story they slept til 10am in the morning, and then of course the statement by Raffaele that he actually does NOT know whether Amanda stayed with him the entire night.

PLUS contradicting evidence ("we watched movies on the computer the entire night") while it was clearly shown the computer was NOT used from 9:15pm that night until in the morning at 5:32

It is also known that at 4:47am someone used Amanda's cell trying to call her mom (again: FACTS) which, conveniently, Amanda has "forgotten" that she ever placed.

Common sense says that "something" was going on that night of the Murder, Amanda trying to call her mom in the early hours...PLUS (now this is where it gets good!) the witness account of the store owner who stated that Amanda Knox was at his store at 7:45 (!!!) in the morning checking out and probably buying cleaning supplies (Alas, receipts were never found but this is interesting nevertheless. Is the absence of the receipt proof she was not there? Ah...ok...)

Interesting is also that at 10:30ish am (?) right before Meredith was found Amanda and Raf were surprised by police at her house with a mop and bucket - REPORTEDLY not really looking like they slept and having taking a shower (as STATED by Amanda) by rather said as "looking pale with smeared make-up" and "smelling like sex".

So..now we have a new book about to released by Raffaelle containing such "brilliant" and entirely self-criminating phrases like:

"“But my lawyers were deeply concerned she [Amanda] would put her foot in her mouth, in ways that might prove enduringly harmful to both of us. If she deviated even one iota from the version of events we now broadly agreed on, it could mean a life sentence for both of us.”"

Note the sentence: If she deviated even one iota from the version of events we now broadly agreed on, it could mean a life sentence for both of us.

Like it needs a "version of events we now broadly agree on"

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
where is a link that sums it up.

www.injusticeinperugia.org...

Rudy Guede first admited no one was at the house then said Amanda was there and didnt help. Dude is a liar also was caught weeks before with the same style break in. smashing in a window and using a knife to gain access to another house.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I never followed this case too closely, I only saw bits and pieces on the news....but....I always wondered if those 2 had some troubled juvenile track record?? Especially amanda......You know a leopard doesn't change it spots, and I always thought there was a deeper side to their pasts. I also believe there were at least 1 or 2 more people in the apartment that night, and what ever game, ritual, party, whatever it was they were into went horribly wrong . Someone had a jealous rage , or hallucinated on too much ouzo liquor and freaked out and killed the girl. ..just my opinion

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You think there are. I just know the trial had very weak DNA evidence for her and very strong DNA evidence for the one convicted.

All the rest is speculation and you have no right to support a nation using their legal system over and over to get the verdict they wish.

That case is finished. Not guilty was the verdict.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I never really followed the case, but I always assumed Knox was guilty cos she was just so damned odd.

I remember reading how she was seen doing cartwheels and the splits in the police station while she was waiting to be questioned about the murder.

She came across like a female Norman Bates from the TV footage, whole demeanour just seemed strange.

She may just be an innocent oddball, but behaving like that in a high-profile international murder trial is inexplicable.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've never wanted to contribute to these discussions-because i have only a psychic impression-which counts for nothing.But my sense i get is:Amanda was jealous and resentful of Meredith for some reason,which is why she weas either complicit in the murder,or is trying to cover up,and cover their (her+and her boyfriend's)own asses.I also have the feeling they're throwing the main suspect under the bus-he may have murdered Meredith,but Amanda and/or her boyfriend COULD have intervened.

I do not have a leg to stand on,but this has been my overwhelming impression since this story broke.If i am proved wrong,well then i'm wrong-but seriously-Amanda Knox knows,and is responsible for-more than she is prepared to tell.I would stake my own life on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
The two told prosecutors they slept til 10am the morning Meredith's body was found, but there is hard, undeniable proof that the PC in Raffaele's apartment was turned on at 5:32am on this morning. There is ALSO undeniable proof that the cell-phone was turned on at the same time and received several calls from voice-mails the night before.

Yeah, that doesn't add up at all.

That's believing in Arias innocence when she changed her story three times to the police.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I dont like the whole case. Personally I sense that Amanda Knox is guilty and only got off because the Italian Police made a mess of things. I find it disgusting that she is even selling a book about it all. Blood money me thinks and all royalties should be given to the victims family to do as they see fit.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I agree with everything you have said...have even said it on another thread on here....but

even if she is found guilty, in another trial with fresh evidence. She will never get extradited

back to Italy to serve a sentence!!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I dont like the whole case. Personally I sense that Amanda Knox is guilty and only got off because the Italian Police made a mess of things. I find it disgusting that she is even selling a book about it all. Blood money me thinks and all royalties should be given to the victims family to do as they see fit.

Why do you think that? The evidence does not lie or hold bias. The DNA was such a small amount that normal everyday use would show on there. Was amadas hand cut as well? People who stab people usually will get cut as well. The Italian justice system is very corrupt. Id rather be tried in MEXICO than there. And besides We consider it double jepoardy and as such will not force her to go back to italy.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
You think there are. I just know the trial had very weak DNA evidence for her and very strong DNA evidence for the one convicted.

All the rest is speculation and you have no right to support a nation using their legal system over and over to get the verdict they wish.

Unless she is engaged in a behavior that could take her down a path to murder.

That's like saying the people in Cypress shouldn't be taxed or that the people in Greece shouldn't have been rewarded with austerity packages.

Or that the Motley Fools investing in the stock market shouldn't have seen the stock market crash a few years back.

Motts Apple sauce.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

People had better start protecting their own citizens, neighbors and brothers and sisters from a witch hunt, for the elite hate it when they cant cause sacrifices of innocents, thats their trip.

I read on this thread, many people "sensing" or "feeling" she was in on it. If so, why was the DNA evidence the weak kind that a flatmate would leave, and yet nothing connected to the murder, yet the murderers DNA, a man violent history as well, was there?

Does anyones sensing or feeling enough to put someone in double jeopardy.

She is not guilty, and this is a witch hunt and a corrupt prosecutor trying to repair his reputation.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

There is no doubt about DNA evidence against Rudy, although he is actually claiming that the murder happened while he was in the bath room. (I am not saying I am buying that tho).

Keep in mind that the first sentence included RUDY, AMANDA AND RAFFAELE. The court/judge knew very well of the DNA evidence implicating Rudy, but it was (and has always been) the notion that the two were involved AS WELL. Unless this is entirely out of the way, I cannot reject this theory. Holes in the story do NOT support them.

As in regards to DNS evidence and other things, there were was shoddy work going on, for example, I read somewhere that they did in fact find possible female foot prints but then were unable to test them properly to determine whether or not they belong to Amanda.

There is also several reports of DNA evidence of Meredith's AND Amanda's blood together.

As I said somewhere else, If you look at all the holes and try to "puzzle together" a story, the story which comes out is much more likely one which involves Amanda, Raffaelle AND Rudy, as opposed to a "simple story" (as someone stated somewhere) it was "simply a burglary" where Meredith surprised Rudy and then got killed.

(I ALSO read that there is evidence, bruises etc. which made some come to the conclusion that more than one person was involved and that the wounds could not have been caused by one single person).

UNLESS you have reason to believe that the Italian courts are entirely incompetent (which is silly to do, it's not a 3rld world country)...one can understand WHY the court come to the decision they all were involved, not only Rudy. (Otherwise they could've ended the case with the conviction of Rudy, everyone go home, case closed. OBVIOUSLY, it is not that easy).

For me, a scenario is very plausible where the bunch of them had a plan (possibly involving rent money, make note it was the 1st, when rent is due) of some sorts, then add a bunch of drugs and things got out of hand ending with Meredith dead.

And...uhm..yes it is "speculation", but if there wouldn't be contradictions and holes in their story we would not need to speculate.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I've never wanted to contribute to these discussions-because i have only a psychic impression-which counts for nothing.But my sense i get is:Amanda was jealous and resentful of Meredith for some reason.

Here are some interesting things to point out:

November 1st, rent money is due.
Amanda needed money, and got a call from Lumumba that business is slow and doesn't need go in to work.
Also, it is said that Lumumba actually planned to hire Meredith for the job in the bar instead and let Amanda go.

Amanda could have been upset about the fact that she was about to lose the job to Meredith, or it was the boiling-point after they already had smaller problems the weeks before. POSSIBLE.

Also..make note that Raffaelle was obsessed with knives, just as a side-note.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Does anyones sensing or feeling enough to put someone in double jeopardy.
She is not guilty, and this is a witch hunt and a corrupt prosecutor trying to repair his reputation.

If they are not guilty, why coming up with multiple, contradicting and proven false "alibis"?
Remember that she once recounted "hearing Meredith scream and I covered my ears".

I am terrible sorry, courts in such a case will collect evidence, hear witness reports, ask for alibis. When evidence and proven lies speak AGAINST you, you don't need to be witch. You will be a suspect no matter what.

We all know she will never go back to Italy, but I can almost imagine that IF she would and the trial would go on they both would probably AGAIN change their story, since 4 or 5 different "truths" are obviously not enough. Ask yourself WHY she is not able to tell the truth? She cant even make a simple statement regarding her whereabouts on the murder night without being proven a liar. ("Proven" as in there are documents which prove that any of the multiple versions she told are all false).

edit on 7-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The jury upheld Amanda Knox's conviction for falsely implicating bar owner

Patrick Lumumba, the man originally accused by Knox of murdering Meridith Kercher

For this Knox was sentenced to three years in prison ... which she had already served.

and he received 72,000 euros in restitution.

Amanda Knox seems to have an over active imagination ...but then one of the subjects

she was studying was "Creative Writing!"....

top topics

join