It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Pic In Historic Hotel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It looks like a dude with a beard sitting there.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
zombiesC4
I have to say its a beautiful hotel inside i love these old places they have so much charm ..I see something by the the right side of the image I'm not sure if its a ghost but its weird ..It would be fun to spend the night there just to take pictures and explore the old place..peace,sugarcookie1.. Also thanks for bringing the picture to ATs for us to view S&F

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

well....the EXIF data is likely lost. I got it from her cell phone, forwarded to my email. I saved a copy to my CPU and uploaded here. I am not all savvy and so on as it regards EXIF data. But there you go.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InitiumArietis

The front desk of this hotel is behind the person taking the photo. What the photo shows is the swank couch in the middle, a stand with menu's that is lit up (and may be the source of lens flare), and the back of a couch that sits behind the buffet that the menu stand is on. There isn't a counter there.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I have examined it as a lens flare myself. I think that the lens flare explanation lacks "feet" as the bright spot doesn't align with the facial features of the apparition.

Not saying that it can't be a lens flare. But i wouldn't have shared it here if it was obviously a case of lens flare.

On a side note, there have been dozens of photos taken on that exact spot. Never before has a lens flare shown up from that particular menu stand.

The hotel opened in 1930. It looks to me like someone from around that era wearing a checkerboard shirt (typical clothing for the local cowpokes of that time).

The spot that the hotel is on was right on the edge of the town in the late 1800's. It was a real wild west town back in those days, too. We had 3 Texas Rangers who lived here full time (a large number), assigned to quell the wild west.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

In the mid 80's radio personality Paul Harvey labeled this town "the best place in the world to commit murder and get away with it". It is entirely possible that more than one person died here in the 70's. By that point the hotel was in full downward spiral and being operated by shady folks (the kind of people who run brothels out of a decaying hotel).

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by zombiesC4

Wow, this is clearly an artefact from the rather bright lamp RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR GHOST!

Do we need to go further?

Maybe ghosts do exist, maybe they don´t. The sure thing is that there isn´t one in your picture.

There is every possibility that you are correct.

However, how come the "ghost" doesn't resemble the detail in the lamp?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Interesting you say that, confirms a feeling I have, re: shady folks etc.

Is that area known for timber or forestry?

Past Heroin issues?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

It is desert area. There are mesquites around here, and that is it. Great for BBQ, not so good for building. I like furniture made from it, though. Deep red wood....its beautiful.

I don't think there was ever heroin here. Being close to mexico, it is typically their green and white stuff that infiltrates this area. But in the 60's and 70's this was a much different area. Since I wasn't around then, I can't say for sure (and mom/dad sure aren't telling THEIR secrets).

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

lol parents generally don't like to tell their secrets

Thank you for posting once again, keep an eye and ear out for any other shenanigans

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Well, these kind of artifacts are not known to produce exact copies, are they? They are just bright spots.

This then becomes like cloud watching. Some see a face, some see their grandma some see the evil dark lord himself.

Although I am open to ghosts, I am against clutching at straws.

In my personal opinion, this is not a ghost.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

I think that Zombie's hotel pic has creeped out the night auditor. LOL

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Im sure the place is haunted, but i don't think that is an actual ghost..

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Lens flare. Seen it a million times. It is caused by the brightness of the light shining at the stand. I swaer half the ghosts and half the UFO's I have ever seen are down to lens flare! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join