Ghost Pic In Historic Hotel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This hotel opened in my city after being closed a long time (First opened in 1930, closed in 1980). Of course there are stories of it being haunted, and new ones are cropping up. For instance, the bathroom on the second floor supposedly flushes on its own at 2:30 each morning. Or the guy who turned around and found a woman sitting on his couch, her lower half kind of faded away and wispy.

Then there is this picture, taken by an older lady in the area one evening late at night as the place was winding down:

Look on the right side of the image. It doesn't look like lens flare or something as the shape is not consistent with the lamp. I have seen some other creepy images, but this is the first I have been able to get a copy of to share. If more come, i will certainly share them.
edit on 4-4-2013 by zombiesC4 because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-4-2013 by zombiesC4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ok I see it now..
The most logical choice is lens flare of some sort.
Hard to say without more info.

If that lamp wasnt there and that was still on the image it would be more convincing.
edit on 4-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

Well I am not as creeped out as you, probably because I don't see what you are talking about?

You mean the light reflection by the desk?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Where is the supposed ghost in this photo because after looking at it for awhile I dont see it.

Scroll to the right on the pic....I didn't scroll before...

I don't know what that could be??
I don't see anything purple to cast a reflection of that color?
edit on 4/4/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sorry, i can't see anything, could you highlight it or give more detail please?

Thanks.

CX.

Cancel that, got it.
edit on 4/4/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I usually have a pretty open mind when browsing the Paranormal Forum, but I have to agree with the others' opinions so far. To me it looks like a lens flare.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Double post, please delete.
edit on 4-4-2013 by DaveWx3 because: I feel like I sounded d-baggy in my revised double post, so please just delete this.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It looks like lens flare to me from one of the several light sources .

Either that or a cartoon Ghost

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Without any EXIF data, it's hard to say it's anything other than a lens flare or maybe even one of those 'insert a ghost' mobile phone apps.

I've even seen apps that let you put an aurora around someone for a ghostly effect.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I can see a ghost that looks like a lense flare!

Looks like a oriental man with a beard.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not sure as it's lens flare
Looks like a dodgy reflection from a panel behind the focal point to me.

Cody

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yes it does look like a ghost!! but I doubt it very much
It's more than likely that there is a person standing behind what appears to be a counter, but if (and I am making an assumtion here) the digital camera was set to take photographs with a tungsten setting in the presence of fluorscent light, it will identify the different temperature areas and light then accordingly. Causing the background to appear blueish purple. Hope this helps

IA

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's purple Jesus...

he has returned.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I was worried for a minute there because I read two or three logical explanations.

It looks like a purple Jesus to me - case closed.
edit on 4-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
To me it looks like the ghost of a man with a thick mustache from a past era... Like the 1800's

Doesn't appear to have anything at all in common with lens flares..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Easter weekend has only just gone by and Jesus has resurected himselfl!! lot to be said for a virgin birth and a carpenter father; opens allsorts of hotel lobby doors

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

ZombiesDude,

Do you happen to know if anything happened in that area around 70s? Assault/suicide/murder?

Interested, although it does appear to be a lens flare, I'm getting a feeling inside about something else.

Sorry if I'm being vague.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like lens flare to me from one of the several light sources .

Either that or a cartoon Ghost

that looks like a cartoon purple Jesus

Or it could be a bit of light reflection, lens flare... i don`t know!!! nothing really gripped me paranormal wise.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
well one thing for sure, who ever took the picture didn't take it because they saw a ghost or purple Jesus

I can hear the old lady now, stand still purple Jesus, I want to get a picture of you and the stairs on the left all in one shot!

I'm sure if someone has a grainy picture of whatever they can post we can use our imagination and find something paranormal to talk about in it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Wow, this is clearly an artefact from the rather bright lamp RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR GHOST!

Do we need to go further?

Maybe ghosts do exist, maybe they don´t. The sure thing is that there isn´t one in your picture.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join