It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say your prays America because you dont stand a chance!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by helium3

Yea right, you totally want to see us harmed.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by helium3

This has got to take the stupid thread of the year award. Could you post some proof of how they are going to fly a plane all the way to the US mainland.

Sometimes posting in these threads is like playing cards with my sisters kids. Do posters ever just stop and think things over before making fools of themselves.
edit on 4-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Oh c'mon, it's still early in the years and the summer break hasn't arrived yet.

I agree that the OP didn't totally think it through though as the DPRK doesn't have regularly scheduled commercial flights to SEATAC or LAX.

However, a foriegn flagged vessel may very well do the trick. Coupled with a "Fishing Vessel" to transfer the nuke while the other ship awaits customs.

Let's be truthful, the US is a big place and all the holes are not covered, even if we do know about them. The manpower is just not there.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Lets face the facts... there are viable ways that NK could pull off a nuclear strike on the US... the question is, would they ever dare to do it? The moment they do their nation will become nothing but a pile of rubble and they are well aware of that. Are they really stupid enough to risk their entire nation becoming nothing but a tale of what once was just to get in one hit? I don't think they are to be honest... and if they are that stupid then they don't deserve to exist either way.

Stop fretting and ignore their baseless threats...

If our current administration conducts itself to NK threats in the same manner as they did with the Benghazi incident, then we may have SOMETHING to worry about...remember, "Nero fiddled while Rome burned!"

Here is another tidbit of interest: "Some rumors speculated that Nero himself had set the fire, others that he had ordered it. As Nero rebuilt Rome in a new style more to his liking, some believed he used the fire as an excuse for new construction. But perhaps the most interesting rumor that emerged from the great fire was that Nero had played his fiddle while Rome burned."history.howstuffworks.com...

I now ponder this info about Nero...could our government be capable of allowing such a future disaster to pan out in a similar way?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Did all of you mocking the "guys in caves" forget who came up with that story in the first place or what??

I remember it as if it was yesterday, the US sending troops to find OBL and his band of Cialquaida thugs in the mountains, more specifically in caves, so I find it rather amusing you and other people now use this against people who mock the original idea.

It was the US that invented these fantastical tales, not the people that didnt believe them in the first place.

Some of you should get your facts straight, its bad enough that the story started with OBL hiding in a cave and ended with him being killed only to have the body dumped for some bs reason only to create an even thicker fog of disinformation, I really dont feel like reading this garbage being twisted and turned so it can be used against people who question the official story.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strawberry88

I remember it as if it was yesterday, the US sending troops to find OBL and his band of Cialquaida thugs in the mountains, more specifically in caves, so I find it rather amusing you and other people now use this against people who mock the original idea.

They DID use caves in Afghanistan. And they ARE using caves, along with man-made tunnels in North Korea. All this has been proven. The militaries who would have to fight the DPRK are actually quite worried about them. They have even said so.

Where are you getting your information from?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Lets be fair, the country is nothing but a pile of rubble anyway, retaliation from US might couse serious improvements!

I do think it would be possible for them to strike if they wanted to. I mean look at Pearl Harbour. The Japanese managed to get the nukes to the Us just fine.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jennyfrenzy

Can you please link the thread you are talking about please.

In case you haven't found it yet...
Thread Mentioned in OP

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I , with some of the rest of you ,am also skeptical of the ability of NK but then again , I see the point the OP was trying to make . Before 9-11 im sure no one would have imagined that a couple saudis who could barely fly a cesna would be able to do what was done . Can NK really fly a couple or even maybe sneek one fighter jet into US airspace long enough to drop a nuke , doubtfully . But , it would be alot easier and probable that they already smuggled something across one of our not so well guarded borders or have a disguised fishing or freighter vessel parked off our coast with enough small nukes to at least wake everyone in america up . Lets not also forget that NK does in fact have subs capable of parking off our coasts just like the russians did several times in the past year and those could be used also to deliver payloads . Can you guys really imagine what kind of panis would ensue if a nuke were to be detonated on american soil ? You think this may be the reason DHS has been prepping ? Can you say martial law ? I pray that this is all a bluff to gain political strength for NK but I also know history and know that you should never underestimate a small nation led by a crazy man trying to fill his grandpa's shoes !

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onami

I do think it would be possible for them to strike if they wanted to. I mean look at Pearl Harbour. The Japanese managed to get the nukes to the Us just fine.

Um, Japan did not nuke the US. It was a surprise attack. Not a sneak attack that some may advocate.

We knew they were coming, but very few seemed to believe that they were coming for us at the time.

Maybe some in power did know and kept quiet.

If the DPRK wants to nuke the US, we still have some time as they don't have a lot of nukes to throw around yet. If and when they decide to do so, it will probably be with more than one nuke.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Maybe NK could just do what al-Qaeda did on 9/11?, after all if dudes that lived in caves can pull it off....NK has a real crack at it.

Ah, ATS runs a full circle, terrorist??? I thought it was Israel , or a U.S false flag that was behind 9-11.

edit on 4-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think the real story that I heard on CNN was that North Korea could send a missile into space and explode a small nuclear device above the U.S. that could cause an electromagnetic pulse which could disable our electrical grid.

U.S. officials quietly are expressing concern that North Korea could use its “space launch vehicle” to explode a high-altitude nuclear device over the United States, creating an electromagnetic pulse that would destroy major portions of the U.S. electrical grid system as well as the nation’s critical infrastructures. The concern is so great that U.S. officials who watch North Korea closely are continually monitoring the status of the North Korean “space launch vehicle,” whose status could suggest a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Strawberry88

I don't mock the "caves". I mock the people who mock them. Caves is a misnomer and quite a misstatement for the impression it leaves, in my opinion. Sure, they have thousands of real caves like one might find in a national park in the United States or like is scattered all over my state. Plenty of those, I suppose ...and I'd imagine most who ran to them, died in them. Those are the natural formations and primitive dug outs that date back to Alexander the Great and Atilla the Hun in some cases.

Those aren't what I think of or what the AQ fighters and Taliban were running to like their hair was on fire in the late fall and winter of 2001.

As even the Pentagon admits, the most heavily fortified parts, where Mr. bin Laden may be concealed, could well be invulnerable to the most powerful conventional bombs known.

That's not by accident or happenstance of "caves" like any American or most Westerners would imagine the term. Not even close....and sadly, what existed in 2001 is part of what the Central Intelligence Agency assisted in building during the Soviet occupation of the 1980's. Usama Bin Laden was also an Engineer by trade. He helped build some of it.

That leaves two options: bases like Wolf's Hole (there are said to be a dozen or more), or heavily fortified mountain bunkers built to withstand everything short a nuclear attack.

One expert says Mr. bin Laden has built at least two such facilities, near Jalalabad and Kandahar, ''and there could be more.''

''They're multi-level, dogleg tunnels. They have air vents and escape hatches out the back,'' said John F. Shroder Jr., a geologist and geographer at the Universitry of Nebraska at Omaha who prepared the national atlas of Afghanistan in 1970. Mr. Shroder said he was in the region in the 1980's and is familiar with many of its karezi and caves.
(Source - 26 November 2001)

Considering they are still very successfully using them to play hide and seek while giving everyone fits on a regular basis, I'd say the "Caves" turned out to be just about as bad as predicted ...12 years later...we learned what the Russians tried to warn the US about. They don't go away, they NEVER give up and the terrain is almost entirely in their favor as being what they have been running across since toddlers. If they ever got out in the open, they got creamed and I recall a very detailed account of a Thermobaric Bomb actually being called in by the CIA team hunting Bin Laden in up to December of 2001, on top of Taliban camp in the open. The account described a good number there...absolutely confirmed by eye ball to BE there before the bomb dropped. Nothing ..literally nothing..was left to find by how the book laid it out. Too bad they used and still DO use the underground networks built over a millenia.

We went into Vietnam calling them farmer/peasants and got our butts handed to us. Oh, the US lost almost no battles, but Politicians underestimating the enemy, lost the war.

We went into Afghanistan calling them cave dwellers, backward desert nomads and rag tag fighters. Again, we've gotten out butts handed to us and they'll be a coherent fighting force when the US leaves. I consider that defeat, personally. Same thing. The Military didn't lose. IDIOT civilians that lead it lost the war for underestimating them.

We went into Iraq thinking of them as just dying to welcome us, rather simple minded and badly in need of America's generous attention. Same result, same reason.

Now, we MAY be going into North Korea, and ONCE AGAIN, nothing had been learned. It's on the cheap, with minimal forces, even now, out for defensive lines. Why? The DPRK has an unstable moron running it and simple people, just terribly misguided. They'll surely see the light when American boots stomp into their village...or so, ONCE AGAIN the Politicians tell themselves and each other.

I'm sick and tired of seeing my nation LOSE WARS because we can't seem to take an enemy seriously until it's beyond all hope of coming out in any positive way. ..and then it's someone else's fault. Never the idiots in office that made the nightmare ..and that takes more than a President. It takes the whole of Capital Hill to help or remain silent. Either way.... I mock the people who look down on our enemies. It's a FATAL mistake we keep repeating like Groundhog Day over the decades. Again and Again and Again.

* Different doesn't mean inferior. We'll KEEP fighting to a draw or losing until that's appreciated, IMO.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Very good reply and I agree 100%, must've misinterpreted your first post as it came across as to how I replied, but I was proven wrong by your last post!

OT; I must admit A couple of days ago to me it seemed to be getting serious, but as days go by I'm starting to think it really is just words. Today I read another article where they threatened they could attack today or tomorrow, yet they just recently reopen he facility closed in 2007, which will take half a year to be ready, and then another year to actually produce enough for one bomb? Like a suicide bomber making plans for his next year's birthday, doesn't make much sense, if they'd start war any time soon, they've got to now that facility will be gone the next day, why bother with reactivating it then?

I wasn't convinced at first, but the more threats come out, the more it starts sounding like empty threats. I wonder what they think it'll lead to?

What still worries me is what's really going on behind the.theatre, while we're distracted by this show...
edit on 4-4-2013 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
lmao...the clown who came up with this thread is obviously a foreigner with an over opinionated view.I'll say this... it's week attempt at to convey fear or pandemonium on American people,with a bunch of unfounded media tripe!If N.Korea were going to really make a strike against the US for real...they would not be making lavish media threats to the U.S and its allies.Think about it..........has common sense sank in yet?This is just some scheme cooked up by our Worlds "Leaders"to keep the peoples in their stupors as to whats really taking place......like world-wide resource capitalization,and world wide immigration relocation....so they create big media fiasco's like Korea threatens to use weapons of mass destruction...or the"sequestration"is melting our economy....lmao!!!! great stuff,The real big laugh is when it's all said and done it was all created just for control over states and there resources and wealth to continue feeding their bottomless pit of problems...that they keep creating out of thin air!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

“Unconditional surrender”

It’s term that the US has been afraid to use since the ‘40’s. That is why we have failed time and again when it comes to conflict.

Maybe it's time we need to bring it back. It may make others think twice.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Strawberry88

I looked back on that and it could have been how I worded it too.. Sometimes I don't quite express what I'm thinking in the same way I'm thinking it here, if that makes sense.

On North Korea, I imagine you've seen my posts on Korea. The 3 part thread set I just got done with over the weekend. Go check the link in thread #1. It's the Status link in my signature. Click on the Status of Forces update. You'll find the entire US Forces : Korea command's website? Is down... poof .. It's been that way since at least last night. I have no real idea whats going on and being blind makes me more nervous than if I saw all those suddenly flip status to the highest alert.

Could be a busted server or some drunk Army private ran over a power pole on post or something. I guess stranger things have happened, even with all that's happening overall. The Seoul webcams are still up, or were a few hours ago. So life can be seen as normal and progressing as it always has in downtown. That's reassuring ...but I hate it when a major US Theater command just unplugs it's public face to the world.

Honestly, I've never seen that done in previous conflicts starting for the ones we had net to check with. Updates may not come ...but they didn't just flip the switch and go dark. Odd on that, eh?

* to save the trouble if you don't want to scroll through my bookish OP on that, it's US Forces : Korea for the website that is supposed to represent and give info on all the bases in South Korea. No info anymore.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This thread is obvious flamebait...

Don't feed the trolls folks..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onami

Lets be fair, the country is nothing but a pile of rubble anyway, retaliation from US might couse serious improvements!

I am unsure what you mean by stating the Japanese managed to get nukes to us through Pearl Harbor?seriously.....It was to my understanding History tells a different story...like Hiroshima and Nagasaki is where the nukes were delivered to....please correct me if i am misinformed.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by helium3

I am so scared....of people on ATS. You really want millions of people to die?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join