It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say your prays America because you dont stand a chance!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow, this just shows your complete lack of understanding regarding military matters. There were a few different reasons that allowed that particular event to occur, most notably of which was that the aircraft originated from within the US. They were supposed to be there. First of all if you think that a single bomber is going to attempt to fly from NK to the US with one nuclear device, you are mistaken. And even if one or multiple bombers attempt to enter US airspace, jets will be scrambled while they are still over the ocean, and they will be shot down soon after they are identified.

Last I checked it is impossible to drop a nuclear warhead from a passenger jet. No civilian passenger jets have cargo doors anymore, as that stopped in the 80's. And all that is beside the point. NK is not going to launch a nuclear strike against the mainland US. If they launch a strike it will be at a place like SK or Guam, a US territory or a country allied with the US. It really pisses me off that you say the US doesn't stand a chance, because I cannot believe someone is that ignorant of current military matters.

Combat modelling is one of my hobbies, and it has been for a long time. I have analyzed the capabilities of most of the major military powers in the world, and I can tell you that I have serious doubts that NK has anything capable of launching from their borders and detonating in the US. THAT is the way they would do it if they were going to. In fact, their aircraft would be tracked all the way from NK to near Hawaii, and they would likely be shot down over the Pacific Ocean, well before reaching the mainland.

And even IF, and this is a big IF, NK had missiles capable of reaching the mainland US, they would have to launch upwards of 30 nuclear tipped ballistic missiles to even succeed in detonating a single device over US soil. This is because the US MDS is capable of bringing down about that many ballistic missiles. But I do not expect you to even know what a ballistic missile is, much less the mechanics of bringing one down. We do not even know what tech is still classified on the order of missile defense, and for all we know the US could shoot these missiles down as they sped towards the edge of the atmosphere. Your comments are utterly ridiculous, and you are a big part of the fear-mongering problem that has run rampant on this site, and over the entire US. People who are ignorant of these matters start spouting things that are not true, and other ignorant people listen to them without question. Ignorance is simply a matter of being informed, and whatever you are reading is not true, so you should probably find a better source of information.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by helium3

What a horrible thread and thread title.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If The Op believes 9/11 happened exactly how the media says it happened then there is no hope in explaining that North Korea couldn't just fly here and there is no way a launched anything will go undetected because it has to go so far up to make it here.
I wouldn't doubt the US's X-37b is up there right now waiting to abduct the first thing entering orbit unannounced from anywhere.
if they have contingency plans for moving Asteroids then I'm sure they have given plenty of thought on how to redirect Hostile missiles.

As an American I can tell you the Majority of everyone I know doesn't want a war with NK, but that doesn't mean in any way that we won't give that pudgy little loud mouth the smack down he's askin for.
A lotta people forget that DAARPA officially tested and announced a hyper sonic (impossible to detect because its faster than the radar bounce) multi nuclear warhead ballistic missile that can hit anywhere in the world in under 45minutes. Their country could cease to exist before they ever find out if there missile did anything.

I definitely don't want another war because other country's could get involved BUT North Korea WILL be unlivable and unrecognizable if they push us to the point of War and not just being Security for SK...
The worst part is from what I understand, that China already said it stands with NK so if we ever were to engage in a conflict then we might as well just consider China the main threat not NK and rain death on the whole of both country's... I'm not wanting this to happen but if the outcome is already predetermined we might as well take our best shots at erasing their tactical capability because if we go half assed then we deserve the destruction we sowed for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The thread in the OP is mine and it was about a satellite launched by NK last year. The article speculates as to the payload (if any) of the satellite. Some government officials are concerned that the payload could be a nuclear weapon that could be used to detonate high above America causing an EMP that would wipe out our grid.

Not they aren't. The satellite is tumbling and as a result unable to align to send or receive any commands whatsoever...

space junk

I haven't heard that... thanks for the update. If NK can't even keep a satellite in orbit then I'm not too worried about their ICBM capability

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You're going to have to work on your evil grinning a little harder. But congratulations on making a list. Grade A terrorism personality right here.

There is always underground America in the event of an EMP. Thousands of miles of underground caverns. Nuclear dust doesn't get everything.

Don't forget the UFOs, full of time travelers and aliens. They have incapacitated devices in the past, it can occur again. Have you seen what they can do with crop circles? At the risk of sounding crazy - ahahahahehe - they actually do have light beam programs that they can corkscrew into our puny little minds and give us changes of heart.

North Korea could always change its mind, and make the original poster look really foolish.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by helium3

I'm sorry, i disagree.. You see even if the worst happens, the citizens of this great country will pull together, we would overcome any catastrophe, any attack, any subversion of government, no matter the doom and gloom scenario the people of this great country after all are what makes this country great! We all have opinions as to what or how things should be but!! At the end of the day we also have what no other country in the world has or likely will ever have, The knowledge that this nation from coast to coast are ALL Americans! We are Independent as one! We are all here because either we or past relatives wanted a better life. If one of us are kicked we all feel it! The response to threat, fear whatever it is may not be swift but will be overwhelming! This is The United States of America and even on our knees at our weakest our nation is still stronger then any other nation or nations combined! Keep Faith, and remember
danger can be dealt with, Fear is a choice!!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

ATTENTION:

No, it's not "funny"!

In fact right now I'm a bit embarrassed to be on this board with people who act like what I just read through on this thread. Did I go back through time and suddenly I'm back on a schoolyard playground with a bunch of 10 year old playground Bullies!

This ends now. If you can't respond to the topic of the thread in an intelligent adult manner, Post Bans will follow without warning or any further explanation.

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
First off the name of your thread should be "Say your pray-er-s (not prays) America because you dont stand a chance!!". Anyhow, you are kidding, right? USA can turn NK into a glass factory within an hour and make Lil' Kim beg for mercy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well maybe your right, but at least i can sleep at night knowing they'll
be horrible inconvenienced. Because before they can fly over us they have
to wait in long lines, and be checked, and asked unnecessary questions, till
they want to cry. Then there's always the possibility they might get the rubber
glove.

You know what? I think they might reconsider that approach if they read small
print for flying in America.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by helium3

Yeah, or just use a drone. Unregulate, people in the US will get used to seeing drones. They are too small to see the markings. It could be anybody's . Just get used to it. Ask Mayor Bloomberg in NY. It's inevitable. He might even make it against the law to look up at the sky. No pictures of the sky. Interfering with a police investigation. North Korea got a drone?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In reality a bomb would come via fishing troller or cartel route. North Korea is linked to many of the cartels after all. All the sanctions have had N. Korea working underground for decades. I heard once that North Koreans were behind some of the more sophisticated subs being used by the cartels. I am fairly certain one was captured and it was referred to as a game changer.

If a ton of coke can find its way in so can a hundred nukes. Its the mutually assured destruction side of this that will see us safeguarded. With all of our might we cannot keep the weekly thousand or so who illegally cross the border out.

America is wide open, and always has been.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Temporary closing this to let members read this, and for a potential thread cleanup:

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Thu Apr 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

***Thread Closed***
edit on Fri Apr 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join