It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
sorry, wrong thread

edit on Wed Apr 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I'm pretty sure we will all survive while this gets straightened out..

Not like we are gonna die or anything..

it is just a website, not life support..

sheesh people.......

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I couldn't get ATS to load on my iPad.Tried 3 different web browsers.Finally, I reset the network settings and voila! I was scared for a bit.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majes
reply to post by Whateva69

Download Tor for windows. I have a laptop and Tor is working fine in ATS as the other browsers are not; Its a bit slower however.

Well that's interesting. TOR would load it during the black out period? I never thought about firing up TOR to check. Given how slow the deep side is to begin with, I figured a site not responding up here, never would down there. Definitely interesting for an alternate route to try if this happens again. Thanks for the personal info of what worked?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
According to Australian MSM.North Korea just anounced the military has been given the green light for nuclear war with America. ATS went dead at the same time. I don't believe in coincidences .

Me neither.

I got tired before and went to sleep. Had been a long day after all. But when I get back up, and go online, I find ATS has come back.

Goes down when I go to sleep?
Comes back when I get up?
Yeah, I don't think so.

coincidence? Nope...

For some reason when I go to sleep, I cause nuclear wars..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wow, it finally works.

and I thought that was the end of ATS...

and so it begins...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Elsewhere on the web, we had all kinds of fun.

ATS managed to converge in several places and it was, interesting to say the least

I am not sure if I am allowed to link to it or not and I don't know if other members there would want me to, so I am not going to. Its probably a had to be there sort of thing anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckwhizzle
I couldn't get ATS to load on my iPad.Tried 3 different web browsers.Finally, I reset the network settings and voila! I was scared for a bit.

I don't know what it was, but from the sounds of it it was a DNS attack. If you can access ATS at all then it's not the ATS servers. TOR uses it's own sort of dns system to resolve onion addresses and It routes traffic through a series of computers connected with the same software network.

If you had dropped to an elevated dos prompt and performed an ipconfig /flushdns command, then I wonder if it would have resolved sooner.

I mean, if you cannot access it via firefox/opera/chrome/ie etc, but can via tor, then it means it's simply a dns resolution problem.

tor is not an os or browser. It's an implementation of a routing method using - usually - a form of firefox stripped back to have all tracking ability removed.

Before that it was a completely separate application that required you to set up the browser manually.

ATS had started to be funky early this morning for me, pages timed out twice. but as I was heading off to bed anyway, left it at that. Glad my slumber coincided with the banned brigades attacks once more. lol

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just love the fact that some ATS'ers willingly started a
facebook page only to shut the thread down.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's kind of a smack in the face to those loyal to ATS,don't you think.

If you really want to connect,post something somewhere with #abovetopsecret.
It will be found on twitter.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The ATS website is still not available through my ISP utilizing their DNS. However, it does currently work using Tor or an anonymous proxy server from a different region.

The attack has certainly had an impact, as there are under 200 members currently logged on right now.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Someone probably tried to upload a pdf of the us tax code somewhere

I did enjoy reading the replies in the "other" place lol.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

We had an ATSjunkie-R-Us facebook group, no withdrawls... just information

And some new friends

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

If you switch to the DNS servers from OpenDNS, everything should be okay.

We have received some reliable information that a few people who were banned from here and GodLikeProductions.com for improper posting related to Sandy Hook were involved in the attack, and apparently are still focused on another round.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for getting it all back together. People are so hateful anymore.

Just wanted to say "Well done and Thank you"

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

What happens in Egas-vay stays in Egas-vay....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

It was nice making new friends, and chatting.
I feel more comfortable posting on here now

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Fine I'll spill it.

We all ended up on the same support site, which led to a FB page... where I cried like a girl scout in a horror movie at midnight - while all of these wonderful folks took turns comforting me and then pointing and laughing.

I can't blame them though... my mascara ran and everything.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

~pats back~

There, there now Heffie... everything is fine now

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, I for one am just glad ATS was brought back up and with no visible impact or loss of ..well...anything at all!

Kudos to the tech guys working the back end and responsible for countering the interruption. Of course, there could hardly have been a worse day in recent times for it to happen on... lol.

After North Korea made it's announcement and with new developments out of China and U.S. circles making real world moves to real world threats ...I believe I felt quite lonely having such limited communication with others, scanning the net as closely as myself.

I suppose it was a reminder of how dependant many of us become on the community effort as a whole for information sharing vs. what any individual among us accomplishes in isolation. I'd forgotten just how large a difference the 'group think' makes on putting bad events into perspective with details.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

We have received some reliable information that a few people who were banned from here and GodLikeProductions.com for improper posting related to Sandy Hook were involved in the attack, and apparently are still focused on another round.

If they are here in the US, that makes this a punishable offense since damages were incurred by loss of revenue, which entitles you to involve the law and press charges. I would.

I also don't believe it was just those people either... to take your entire site down with a distributed attack would require more than just a coordinated few, no? It will be interesting to see what follows over the coming hours / days.

Thanks for the update SO.

~Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join