It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Audio: Assault Weapons Ban 'Just The Beginning'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think the people of the United States need to start looking at the big picture.... I think were being set up for an attack...

North Korea is threatening to attack.. Russia is doing illegal things in the black sea... And on the home front were being stripped of our weapons and protection..

Just seems like an awful lot is going on and it appears to be against the US

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yes I did. I thought the smily sticking his toungue out at you was indicative of my attempt at humor. Sorry I'm no Carlin in terms of a comedian bud.

Thanks for playing the gotcha game though.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ContractedMercenary
I think the people of the United States need to start looking at the big picture.... I think were being set up for an attack...

North Korea is threatening to attack.. Russia is doing illegal things in the black sea... And on the home front were being stripped of our weapons and protection..

Just seems like an awful lot is going on and it appears to be against the US

And it all went downhill after 9-11-2001 really quick. There are videos of george bush using "new world order" quite often. American people never owned the government, rich internationalists have from day 1, it is just now that is starting to become apparent to most though.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by 727Sky

You had your meds today?

I don't even take a multivitamin any more.

I misunderstood your post (apparently).

Since there are no meds in the equation, I am not under treatment, have not been found as mentally defective by a court and hold down a job in management.... Maybe it had something to do with your writing style?

Went back and read some of your post and IMO we are on the same page. Sorry for my humble attempts at trying to make a previous point not clearer or better written....no harm done on this side of the fence. We either work together to try and protect the values we hold dear or hang separately eerrrr something like that? hahahaha I actually posted and then edited the med thingy thinking it was a misunderstanding all the way around; snap decisions look kinda snappy on second look sometimes....man you are quick, or my two finger typing is slowing down even more??

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Either you do not know what is going on, or you are terribly misinformed... Either way you should check on the facts before you post... Do some research...

Facts are facts, and you complain about people's opinion yet you are flaming someone for having a opinion... Come on now...

-SAP-
edit on 1-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

"And lastly, but not least, the Assault Weapons ban and the limitation on the size of magazines, let me say this as clearly as I can: this is just the beginning.

www.breitbart.com...

They will not waiver,They will not falter,They will not yield with their diatribe about "weapons of war", and it's up to every American to make damn sure they fail.

I would love for anyone to show any US military servicemen or serviceman around the world who carries a AR-15 the civilian version of what a real weapon of war is a machine gun, full auto, high cyclic rate of fire.

Please I am begging you show me!

Hey Joe?

Weapons of war are not on our streets unless they are being carried by your Secret Service detail, or your boss's or SWAT, and other government agencies.

if you want to learn how to use a semi-automatic weapon, join the United States military

What what Joe?

Contradicting yourself there "semi auto" I have to join the military to learn how to use one?

Mighty fascist of you there Joe.
edit on 31-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Well we believe that any such move to disarm the public is an act of treason. Received my NRA life membership in the mail today. Thanks for the motivation Joe...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kx12x
Exactly, it is not legal, and those facts are readily available to prove that drug dealers are anything but rare. Why would it be so hard for Obama, Biden and the rest of the administration to find readily available stats that disprove the effectiveness of the laws that they are forcing on Americans. Surely they are well aware of the facts. So why would they push for those laws, knowing full well, that they won't work? Would it be reasonable to say that either they are not informed, or that they have other motives?
edit on 31-3-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

Excellent points. I'll put my money on "they have other motives"...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Have you all noticed that all this talk is doing is increasing gun sales? Just like it has every other time gun control is brought up. Maybe thats the point in this. The numbers are against any gun laws being passed. It's all just talk to appease all the people calling for stricter laws. If Obama were as anti gun as people say he would start by enforceing the laws already there but he hasn't. The NRA and fauxnews tried to scare you when he got elected saying that was his first order of business. Did it happen? No and how did people respond? By running out and buying guns.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i remember a few years ago people being flamed for suggesting that the government was going to come for guns. now those people say "well they're not banning ALL guns"
yeah, just the ones that could be used to resist.

there will be another sandy hook soon.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It should read more like....

Assault Weapons Ban 'Just The Beginning'.........of legislation that will die in Congress and just increase the number of guns being sold.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Just because someone has a difference of opinion from you doesn't make them a fascist. People are allowed to hold the opinion that guns shouldn't be in civilian hands.

Actually, when someone is talking about subverting the US Constitution, particularly the 2nd amendment, it goes beyond opinion at that point. It's called treason.

Not to mention, he is still only talking about high capacity weapons. Your "just the beginning" quote is taken out of context. The sentence immediately after shows he's still just talking about high capacity weapons.

Do you understand what the term "shall not be infringed" means? Is that too difficult for you to grasp? There is no room for opinion. There is accepting the law of the land and there is not. If you don't like it, move to China.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"People are allowed to hold the opinion that guns shouldn't be in civilian hands."

But the opinions of non reflective and histrionic people have no merit.

They are mere phantasms, Oh Troll.

NO ONE has to respect them nor listen to them.

The opinions of stupid people are mere nothings.

More like farts, than anything meaningful.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Now lets talk about people in power... People seem to think that since they are in power in the USA that that automatically excluded from wanting complete control over the populace....

That would mean that that person in power is just like every other person in power on the entire planet.....

You say they won't take away "all of our guns" but how do you know? Do you have an in at the CIA? Are you an associate of Joe Biden or Barack Hussein Obama? Do you have some sort of insider information that I don't know about?

If not, how do you really know that it won't just start with AR-15's and whatever else you think is dangerous and then escalate to all bolt action firearms, and then handguns including revolvers... How do you know that after all this is said and done all we will be left with are single shot break action rifles to fulfill their version of the 2nd amendment requirements?

How do you know? HOW?

----------------------------------------------

People here constantly complain about the abuses of the US government and police brutality.. People here constantly complain that the Constitution is being whittled away. People constantly complain about things like the patriot act... or why Obama needs the power to detain American citizens without due process....

Still you think there is no other agenda behind any sort of weapons ban besides control???

Lets say I'm right. Lets say assault weapons do get banned.... then what? Another gun ban? The first one went through why wouldn't another one...

We all know crime would continue gun ban or no... so wouldn't they be able to say "Well we need to ban lever action rifles or revolvers too"... either one of those could be used in a shooting... and then what?

You think once the entire country is unarmed they will just leave it at that? These are power hungry millionaires and politicians we are talking about here!!

Powerful men always want more power....

And as for Obama or any other past president in the last 100 years.... Dont' you think if they could stay in power forever they would?! Wouldn't you want to be king of whats debatable as most powerful nation on earth?

Wouldn't you?... Yes you would want to be king....
edit on 2-4-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Your rhetoric is laughable.

Your comment about him contradicting himself is asinine.

Just because someone has a difference of opinion from you doesn't make them a fascist. People are allowed to hold the opinion that guns shouldn't be in civilian hands.

Not to mention, he is still only talking about high capacity weapons. Your "just the beginning" quote is taken out of context. The sentence immediately after shows he's still just talking about high capacity weapons.

let me say this as clearly as I can: this is just the beginning. We believe that weapons of war have no place on our streets.

Don't try to make that out to be he wants to come for all guns.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: typo

I find your blindness/stupidity on the matter laughable.

he has defined semi-automatic firearms as "weapons of war", and says going after "high capacity weapons" is only the beginning....how can you not see the implications of this? or is it maybe that you see them, and agree with them?

we have a RIGHT to own, and carry firearms in this country. it's already bad enough that the states have abdicated their responsibility to protect this right for the citizens, and allow asinine illegal laws to be put in place, and enforced that require you to get a permit (basically asking for permission to exercise guaranteed protected rights) to own, and a separate one permitting carry. realistically, the only "permit" one should need to own, and open/concealed carry is a copy of the constitution/bill of rights.

most people don't know, or understand, that illegal laws are not laws, and you are not required to obey them. likewise, most police don't understand that illegal laws are not laws, and that they are not required to enforce them.

You say "well, what's it hurt if they ban this kind of gun, or this kind of magazine?"....an infringement is an infringement, no matter how big or small, it is still illegal....it's a trespass....a violation of protected rights. it'd be kinda like me camping in the corner of your back yard....i'm only taking up a tiny bit of space, what's the harm? obviously, the harm is that it's your property, and you don't want me on it....which is your right....

the yard is our second amendment rights, and the guy camping on the yard is the gun grabbers, trying to take away your yard one small "harmless" piece at a time....do you understand?

i get it if you don't own guns, or don't like guns, or whatever...it's your right to have them, but also your right to NOT have them...you are free to make that choice...but goddamnit, leave the rest of us who decide to exercise our rights alone...
edit on 2-4-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Mention guns on ATS..and the cowards will all jump in to spread the same old pro gun propaganda.

Guns prevent crime = LIE
Guns protect them from government = LIE
I need multiple weapons in order to protect my family = LIE
More guns means less crime = LIE
Gun registration does not help keep guns out of criminals hands = LIE
Less gun restriction means criminals find it easier to access weapons = TRUTH

I really do not see any good argument to own multiple weapons. I can see the argument for owning A weapon.

do you happen to have some sort of citation, or proof to back up your OPINION?

You do understand, that just because you said it, does not make it fact, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Yes, I believe we are on the same page.

No harm done. Like I said, I misunderstood that part of your post. It just had me confused, I guess. (I hope that isn't my age starting to show
)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So by what right does my neighbor or some DC politician have to tell me what I can own?

Can you own drugs, explosives, nuclear bombs, a money printer?

In a well-functioning society, we do have the right to prohibit certain items.

To make it clear, I'm pro-gun. I'm just anti-insanity. That's why I say what I say. That's why you don't understand what I'm saying.
I'm not saying your rhetoric is laughable because I disagree with your viewpoint. I'm saying it because what you wrote sounds bat-# crazy.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

You cannot prohibit items that are constitutionally protected...

Listen man if you want a gun ban to go through then it needs to be done right. That would mean a 28th amendment to the constitution limiting the scope of the 2nd amendment.

That is the only legal way to limit the constitution or alter it. That is the only legal way to prohibit anything pertaining to firearms.
edit on 2-4-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join