Biden Audio: Assault Weapons Ban 'Just The Beginning'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kx12x

Your rhetoric is laughable

Thats another good example, down play others opinions as if your opinion is some how superior.
And instead of facts or adding anything constructive, you respond with arrogance.
Again, you're one of those people who fail to see it. His rhetoric will make others disregard his opinions. His rhetoric is actually detrimental to our cause. We have the same opinion, other than him calling anyone who is anti-gun names. I actually respect other people's opinions, unlike him.

Can you own drugs, explosives, nuclear bombs, a money printer?

Actually, ever heard of a "drug dealer"?
and is it legal to be a drug dealer? Because I was responding to a question about legal issues, and that the government and society does outlaw the possession of certain items. I vehemently oppose some of the restrictions, but society does do it. He said the government doesn't have the right, when they clearly do have the right to outlaw possession of items.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I respect other opinions, but I look at the facts before responding with such instead of posting in an arrogant manner. Is it really that hard to believe maybe Biden's goal is the minimization of the second amendment with how things are looking with the economy?
Crazier things have happened, especially if you actually look at the current administrations history and tactics in context. If you don't know what I'm saying I can provide some links to what I mean.

and is it legal to be a drug dealer? Because I was responding to a question about legal issues, and that the government and society does outlaw the possession of certain items. I vehemently oppose some of the restrictions, but society does do it. He said the government doesn't have the right, when they clearly do have the right to outlaw possession of items.

Exactly, it is not legal, and those facts are readily available to prove that drug dealers are anything but rare. Why would it be so hard for Obama, Biden and the rest of the administration to find readily available stats that disprove the effectiveness of the laws that they are forcing on Americans. Surely they are well aware of the facts. So why would they push for those laws, knowing full well, that they won't work? Would it be reasonable to say that either they are not informed, or that they have other motives?
edit on 31-3-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

A gun is a tool, just as most politicians are tools. We are not really free anyway. What makes you think that we will ever fight for what is truly ours?

They have total control guns or no guns. In which case I say let anarchy reign, then we will get to see what real freedom is all about. We are a herd of lemmings wearing suits and buying crap we don't need pretending to be more than just lemmings.

It amuses me slightly this argument in futility. Are we not preaching to the choir here? Or is this how you plan to change the status quo?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Did anyone read the posts I wonder if the retired Connell was telling the truth
Funny as heck if he was

Now for the debate, the gun laws wouldn't effect me in the least I own none
of these guns nor do I plan to. However the 2ND amendment isn't wrote in
a way that makes it possible to interpret it to your views, its strait forward.

You have the right to form a militia, and carry the same arms as the military.
It is unlawful, and goes against your rights as an American to denie you
these weapons.

End of story you let one right go ,where dose it stop?

Now why can't I have an F-22? Stupid neighbor's dog crapping in my yard!!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Nobody said you can't have an F-22. You better have alot of money, and I don't think it will be armed, but you can own an F-22.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I believe that a Militia....is classed as light infantryd i
Therefore the same weapons available to a light infantryman would be sufficient id suppose....
Personally ive always admired the FN minimi.....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Your rhetoric is laughable.

Go back to China!

edit on 4/1/13 by Infernalis because: Null

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
So they can buy up over 1 billion bullets
but everyone else must be stopped from owning any!
# these aholes

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

So what you are saying is that we should be slaves. We are not free and should do what we are told to by a tyrannical government?

Poor fish seems to me like you are a slave already and don't even know it...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Whoa, whoa, whoa, the US Govt taking responisiblity for their mistakes? Just calm down buddy.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Seems to me they can do whatever they want, guns or no guns.

This is the problem.
You think they can do whatever they want to do.
A lot of other people think that they can do what ever they want to do.

Then you come here and poo-poo the people that know that they can't do whatever they want to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Guns are all over America and the time to ban them was long long ago....

If you are in America, why not move if you are scared? UK and Australia are fear-free now.

If you live somewhere else, just stay there. There's nothing to see here anyway. It's way too scary.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

One of the reasons why the 2nd Amendment and weapons in general are so important is because right now, government has to ask, they have to listen, they have to obey us. We the people.

They have to play by the rules.

But take away any attempt to hold government accountable, and they will be able to "tell" us what "they" want.

The second is the foundation for all other rights we have that come from our creator, one goes down they all do.

Not that I want to discredit you, because for the most part I agree with you about the 2nd, but both parties have been attacking the 1st and 2nd amendments for decades now and no one has done a damm thing about it.

D destroy 2nd and R destroy 1st(via encouraging money to be considered free speech).
edit on 1/4/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Nobody said you can't have an F-22. You better have alot of money, and I don't think it will be armed, but you can own an F-22.

You can't bear a f-22 on your arms. You made a straw man arguement.

second line
edit on 1/4/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by DarknStormy

You say "they are coming for your guns?" The question is who are they?
I'm trying to point out that it's a small number of people. They are allowed to have the opinion that guns shouldn't be around. They are allowed to try to pass legislation to ban guns.

Some of you guys are so obsessed with guns, you're missing the big picture.

They those in control, the governments, have already done this on more than one occasion, it started out in Tenn. the only pistol you could own was a Colt 45, why you say, reason because they thought no Back man could afford one.

Then in New Jersey some years back, they ask for the honest Citizens to register certain rifles they owned. They said they were not going to take them, just register, well you don't know what your talking about, because not long after that they were going door to door and confiscating these rifles, because they knew exactly who and where they had them.

That was not the only occasion this has occurred in the US. You give them a inch they will take a mile, this how they do it little by little, till you have nothing.

You must be working for the Government , no one could be that ignorant. This is about the Second amendment not how many bullets fit in a magazine.I

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yea, I forgot to say, I just found out about a device this guy invented, it's a hopper and you don't need a magazine, you just pour in as many bullets as you want into the hopper. The one's he has developed so far only use smaller caliber bullets.

But the guy made this thing and it will hold as many bullets as you wish, It would get unrealistic with to large of a hopper and it does require a lid, as foreign materials in hopper will cause it to jam, from what he say's. The other problem is that it requires battery's. I would used those lithium and always keep your ammo in plastic bags for refill

I don't think his patent will be allowed, but heck that one dude patented the A-Bomb. I wonder if he ever got paid..

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by 727Sky

Guns are all over America and the time to ban them was long long ago....

If you are in America, why not move if you are scared? UK and Australia are fear-free now.

If you live somewhere else, just stay there. There's nothing to see here anyway. It's way too scary.

You must have me confused with someone else. I do not walk in fear for I took responsibility for my actions, security, and endeavors long long ago; I am old so I must have done something right?

I do live overseas half the year every year. I do not walk in fear there either.

I will not pull up the crime statistics for the U.K. or Australia as long as they are happy and "care free" good for them. I do not live in either so whatever is going on, is their own doing.

I was born in America and fought in her great patriotic war many years ago which does not make me special; just every bit as much an American and maybe more than those who wish to destroy, move away from, or revise the Constitution to fit their own short sighted ends. I really think you misread the post...my position was they might ban, but that time to be effective was long ago and thank heavens for the founders wisdom..... unless the masses are sold a bill of goods like the U.K or Australia I don't think it will work here.......Just my humble opinion... but yes, seems everyone has one these days
edit on 1-4-2013 by 727Sky because: add
edit on 1-4-2013 by 727Sky because: edit

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO

They those in control, the governments, have already done this on more than one occasion, it started out in Tenn. the only pistol you could own was a Colt 45, why you say, reason because they thought no Back man could afford one.

Then in New Jersey some years back, they ask for the honest Citizens to register certain rifles they owned. They said they were not going to take them, just register, well you don't know what your talking about, because not long after that they were going door to door and confiscating these rifles, because they knew exactly who and where they had them.

That was not the only occasion this has occurred in the US. You give them a inch they will take a mile, this how they do it little by little, till you have nothing.

You must be working for the Government , no one could be that ignorant. This is about the Second amendment not how many bullets fit in a magazine.I

The government has no credibility when they purposefully misclassify assault weapons to include semi-auto sport rifles. No semi-auto handgun or rifle belongs in the assault weapon category. As for automatics I see no reason why they should be banned. Controlled yes, but banned no. If someone takes an appropriate NRA course and passes it along with the normal background checks then they should be able to purchase a full auto at a reasonable price.

And why the heck are they pushing for more background checks? Didn't the previous ones suffice? If the government is incompetant then that should be their problem to work on and stop passing all these NEW LAWS that only complicate matters and make everything more time consuming, aggrivating and expensive.

As for the CWP it should be taken for granted that people do not buy guns just to take them to the range to practice with and then to have them locked up in a safe deposit perpetually. It defeats the purpose of owning a gun in the first place. It is just another tax(and a big one) to discourage folks.

The government is too dishonest and thus deserves no respect imo!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

the fact that this pasty faced yes man is talking about assault weapons bans shows his true colors he is an enemy to the us and the constitution of our great land. yes you may not like average joe shmoes in your neighborhood having weapons with more than 5 bullets in them well too bad. you had less gun violence in old west times do you know why because everybody knew that everybody else was packing.. i say its time we mack an amendment to constitution that allows the president the vice and everymember of congress to be recalled if they blatantly try to countermand the bill of rights.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

You had your meds today?

I don't even take a multivitamin any more.

I misunderstood your post (apparently).

Since there are no meds in the equation, I am not under treatment, have not been found as mentally defective by a court and hold down a job in management.... Maybe it had something to do with your writing style?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join