It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google commits suicide.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by jimmiec

I commend your observation. I have studied it quite a bit, and I believe Google has a
Communist Agenda. At the very least, there is something rather strange going on in
their upper echelons. Probably the mid and lower echelons as well.

Happy Easter to You and Yours! S&F

You do realize this Chavez guy isn't related to Hugo Chavez, right? He wasn't a communist.

Also, do you even understand what Communism is? Why would a multi-billion dollar company support communism? You realize under communism, the wealth is distributed and they wouldn't have their wealth anymore, right?

Happy Easter.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Happy Easter to you and yours! I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Easter is a national holiday. If it were Martin Luther King day do you think the black community would be upset? Do you think Google would put up a pic of Hillary Clinton to commemorate it? Google made a stupid choice. They made a decision to basically call 2 billion people stupid publicly.

Like I said previously, Easter follows a different calendar. This year it falls on March 31st. Next year it falls on April 20th:

www.smart.net...

BTW that's Hitler's birthday.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I logged on to Google this morning and saw the photo; I did not recognize him so I did some digging and found out it was Mr. Chavez.

I thought about this for a while; I am not one of the owners of Google and if they want to honor Mr. Chavez it is certainly their right to do so. Since I don't own this website; I figure that I do not have the right to tell them who to have or not have on their website.

I decorate my home as I so choose; and no one has the right to come in and change it; except me. People may not like my decor; but they won't change it.

I really think people getting super offended about Google's homepage today; are really over-reacting. You don't own the website; so don't worry about it; and enjoy your day.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
America's founding Christian Puritans would certainly have congratulated Google, considering that they banned both Easter and Christmas.

Those were the days when religion didn't stand for any enjoyable malarkey:

The Banning of Holidays in America Many Puritans fled to the American Colonies under the early reign of Elizabeth I, and Boston was a stronghold on Puritan belief. All Holy Days were banned in Boston, including Christmas and Easter, from 1659-1681. The law stated: "observing, by abstinence from labor, feasting or any other way any such days as Christmas day, shall pay for every such offense five shillings." In fact, Christmas was not declared a Federal Holiday until 1870 - and Congress was routinely in session on Christmas Day prior to this date. As late as 1869, Boston schoolboys could be expelled for skipping school on Christmas Day. Easter was also considered a heathen holiday and was banned: the only holiday allowed was a somber Thanksgiving Day.

leahlefler.hubpages.com...
edit on 31-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Easter is a national holiday. If it were Martin Luther King day do you think the black community would be upset? Do you think Google would put up a pic of Hillary Clinton to commemorate it? Google made a stupid choice. They made a decision to basically call 2 billion people stupid publicly.

Like I said previously, Easter follows a different calendar. This year it falls on March 31st. Next year it falls on April 20th:

www.smart.net...

BTW that's Hitler's birthday.

What kind of salad did this "Hitler" chap invent?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Even if so... why are they obligated to honor Easter? Why are they not free to put up whatever they wish on their own site?

edit on 31-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and quite frankly, I couldn't care less what Google does or doesn't do. In fact, just out of curiosity, I went to four different Christian search engines that I found through a search (the top four) and not a one made note of Easter.

www.revivesearch.com...

www.worthylinks.com...

www.wespreadtheword.net...

www.seekfind.org...

I think that the point I'm trying to make is: Stop being so sensitive, it's really no big deal.

link   
reply to post by Kali74

Good business sense dictates that they at least give the illusion that they commemorate a national holiday with a symbol recognizing it as such.

link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by jimmiec

Since youre concerned about google showing its support for religious holy days / events, I assume you are also in favor of them putting up special little banners for, oh I dont know... Muharram? And Safar? And Ramadan? I believe over 1.6 billion people celebrate those times as very special.

Oh wait... those arnt YOUR holy days... so they are a no go I must assume.

Perhaps instead of getting indignant that your religious views are not being catered too by a non-religious entity that has nothing to do with your religion... you could recognize its not really a big deal in any way, shape, or form, and move on with your life and drop the cliche hyperbole and ridiculous thread titles.

edit on 3/31/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

As a Christian, I wholeheartedly agree with this post. I don't care whatsoever what Google uses or doesn't use for its Doodle logo art. In fact, if they only used Jewish, Wiccan, Hindu, or Muslim holiday art, I would still use Google. Why? Because I don't care what others' religious beliefs are, nor do I buy/use products or services exclusively made by Christians, or catering to Christians.

Do I think there will be some people disappointed? Obviously yes, the OP is an example right there. As far as swinging too far left...heck, if they keep on moving to the left they're at risk of emulating Jesus' teachings! But will I start using sloppy web searches like Bing or Yahoo? Not a chance. In fact, for awhile there when Google decided to clutter up their main search page, I just ceased using search engines all together. My point - so long as Google is a simple logo with a search box and nothing else, it matters not what they do/dont do to honor/acknowledge Christian holidays. Religiously, it doesn't affect me in the least. I remain exactly the same in my beliefs/opinions of both Christianity and google as I did yesterday.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I am agnostic i suppose. I am sensitive to stupidity more than anything. They went out of their way to trash Easter. It is blatantly obvious. Why take a chance on pissing off 2 billion potential customers? They do have stockholders.
edit on 31-3-2013 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

In light Googles' slight. Happy Easter.

Maybe you can remember the teachings of Christ on this day instead of wasting your love for Jesus on outrage of what others do.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I am agnostic i suppose. I am sensitive to stupidity more than anything. They went out of their way to trash Easter. It is blatantly obvious. Why take a chance on pissing off 2 billion potential customers? They do have stockholders.

Which is obviously not a problem. The numbers would be closer to a few million overly sensitive Americans. As the world numbers almost 7 billion those few don't matter.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Jimmy? As a Christian, I make light of issues like this just because it happens so often.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Somehow I think google will survive without you.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by jimmiec

Since youre concerned about google showing its support for religious holy days / events, I assume you are also in favor of them putting up special little banners for, oh I dont know... Muharram? And Safar? And Ramadan? I believe over 1.6 billion people celebrate those times as very special.

Oh wait... those arnt YOUR holy days... so they are a no go I must assume.

Perhaps instead of getting indignant that your religious views are not being catered too by a non-religious entity that has nothing to do with your religion... you could recognize its not really a big deal in any way, shape, or form, and move on with your life and drop the cliche hyperbole and ridiculous thread titles.

edit on 3/31/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Err.. I'm pretty sure that it is a big deal. It's a spit in the face to the majority of the world's population.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There may be more to this than meets the eye. If Google were to go bankrupt the government would have no choice but to take it over. You can let your imagination go from there.

So let’s consider Google. Even Amazon for that matter. And not just the Google and Amazon of today but the Google and Amazon of the next 5 or 10 years. My colleague Jay Heiser made a very astute observation when he pointed out recently:

“You think its hard to unwind the investment positions underlying CDOs and CDO2s? How could you ever determine all the dependencies within a hyper-virtualized, globally-distributed cloud hosting service? How could you ever find all the applications, and the data, and crank them back up in some other environment? No escrow mechanism in the world can cope with something like that.

Nobody has ANY idea of how many applications are running inside of either of those two firms. Nobody CAN know, because so many cloud offerings are performed through an increasingly dynamic chain of providers, which is yet another of the amazing ambiguities of the cloud model.”

If it’s not already the case now then in the next few years these massive cloud service providers will be so central to the flow of information and data services through the economy that they can’t be allowed to fail.

So let’s face it. If a company like Google was faced with bankruptcy then the government would have little choice but to step in and nationalize the company.

And if that’s the case does the Cloud Computing industry need a healthy dose of government oversight in order to mitigate future risks to the taxpayer? If so, how would that look?

blogs.gartner.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

The majority are not Christian....so turn it the other way If they did put up Jesus etc wouldn't they be spitting in the face of people who are not Christian?

69% of the world population are not Christian.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I posted this in another thread, but applies towards your statement.

Look for. .

Government Inc.

A for-profit corporation that will own everything (due to bailouts caused by poor legislation).

They will own all business.

They will own all the people.

Housing loans, student loans, food supplies (don't forget the GMO! *more please* )

They will own all the media, will control all the internet (Imagine the government determining T&C! )

They will determine all of healthcare, what and how much you eat and drink.

Government Inc. will determine what you make, what you spend, where you spend it, how you spend it, through their "free" debit card/phone that can track you wherever you are and is tied into the circling drones!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I can't see the big deal here... Who actually uses the google site? I only know people who use the searbar included in their browser, no need to go to the google site first. It is one step which I never used.

And I don't care about the doodles...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join