It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Revolution'' - the new TV series, 'turning the lights off' would NOT lead to mayhem...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

I watch it on net flix

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by HelenConway

Well in 1900 40% of people here in the uk were malnourished the average age of living was 47. Children worked in horrid conditions.
You paint it like it was all sweetness and light it was not. We have a better standard of living now in the UK If you can not see that well....

Do we ?
I would say that is not true in all groups at all ...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Jericho was a FAR better show than Revolution. But Revolution is pretty good.

Jericho was doomed the moment they started implying a gov't coup, though.

I totally agree. Which is why I feel it would have a big following NOW.

I just can't get the feel for Revolution. I have been tainted by Jericho.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I recommend you go look at tapes of Katrina, and Sandy, then try and tell me there wouldnt be mayhem if the power went out.

We've seen what happens. Accept it. Or not.

Not the same - they had their homes destroyed and they were in a life threatening situation.
Lights off - not the same.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

I watch it on net flix

Don't tease me. You're watching earlier seasons, right? There was talk about a new season 3 being revived on Netflix but never heard anything about it again.

I will try and watch Revolution again. But I can't make any promises to like it.
edit on 31-3-2013 by texasgirl because: Added more

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I recommend you go look at tapes of Katrina, and Sandy, then try and tell me there wouldnt be mayhem if the power went out.

We've seen what happens. Accept it. Or not.

Not the same - they had their homes destroyed and they were in a life threatening situation.
Lights off - not the same.

So diseases and violence don't count as life threatening? lol.

Helen please don't be so naive. Humans aren't as nice as you think they are!

edit on 31-3-2013 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

the original - early seasons - yes , sorry

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Of course we do...no slave child labor, we live to around 85, we have a social system in place and most people are not starving.
Of course it isn't perfect but If you think that going back to how we lived in 1900 is better? you are wrong.
Also wrong If you think the electricity going out will be a good thing, it will be horrid millions would die.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

and they are not as weak, violent and braindamaged as you think they are....

Most are hard working and intelligent - but in our society, the way it is set up right now, allows the scum to rise to the surface .. unfortunately.

edit on 31-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I feel the many diseases would take a big chunk of the surviving population. Cholera is easily contracted from not having clean drinking water. Many people died in previous centuries from being pregnant, getting infected cuts, being sick, etc...

It's a scary scenario.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I think we need a radical change in society - if we do not do it voluntarily, something major like the power going out will happen... we are too careless of the world, we lack respect for this planet and her creatures ... there are too many of us ...

We will destroy ourselves by stealth - with or without the electricity - mark my words. Unless of course we change our ways...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

We would still have midwives / clean water / anti biotics / surgeons ... just no electric lights.

In fact they did not know cholera was spread in water - it was discovered to be so after a cholera outbreak in London in the 1800s. They then changed the water supply system and the drainage system as their understanding of disease grew.

So much so, that 21st century London relies on water pipes and drainage and sewer pipes constructed by the Victorians in the 1800s.
edit on 31-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I think we need a radical change in society - if we do not do it voluntarily, something major like the power going out will happen... we are too careless of the world, we lack respect for this planet and her creatures ... there are too many of us ...

We will destroy ourselves by stealth - with or without the electricity - mark my words. Unless of course we change our ways...

I can't disagree with that. But will this show wake the masses up to this possibility? I don't know..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I agree the world needs a major event for that to happen but it will take hundreds of years after that event.
I can see something happening but it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

No the show is soooo bad..It will not get another season.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

lets agree to disagree
We are not going to agree on this ... at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Sozen94

As a teenager in today's world I'd say I have a better view of how brainwashed, violent and weak society is. People take everything for granted in today's world - they feel entitled to everything. My age group especially. What are they going to do when those things get taken away from them? The answer isn't pretty.

Do you feel safe and comfortable walking past a group of teenagers at night or even during the day? If you do, would you still feel safe walking past them when law and order no longer exists?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

You think young people are that damaged and brain dead ? Wow.

My generation have been bad bad parents to your lot then ... [ hangs head in shame.]

All I can say is sorry.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Sozen94

You think young people are that damaged and brain dead ? Wow.

My generation have been bad bad parents to your lot then ... [ hangs head in shame.]

All I can say is sorry.

You didn't answer my question! And could you tell me why you think young people are so innocent? Believe me when I say they aren't.

Just the other night I had a car full of teens I have never met in my life drive past me giving me abuse for no reason and getting out of their car to start a fight with me. They prey on people they think are vulnerable, lets just say they misjudged me! Do you really think people like them will change for the greater good when they lose their luxuries and their quality of life plummets?

I sincerely hope you don't put that much faith into people.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I love this show, and I believe the portrayal is probably somewhat accurate. We do not readily have the resources to feed millions of people without electricity. It will take time to grow enough crops and raise enough animals to feed everyone - so those with food will be attacked for what they have. People will riot, steal, and attack others resulting in chaos. And of course, the ultimate goal to be the one to achieve power will result in wars and killing. No, the world will not go about their day in peace and harmony if the power went out indefinitely all over the world. I'm guessing only a very small handful of the population would not go crazy and could survive

Michelle

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join