It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh Murdered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yep yep yep... I know it was ignorant. Just a rare bit of anger and frustration from my part. That's all. But Pim Fortuyn did bring out the worst out of a lot of people. I was living in Holland at the time. And I used to follow the news fairly well when I was there.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Now, with that said, some of the things the Islamic Fanatics do are vile and retarded.

Oh comon, look around you.
Countries with an islamic regime are vile and retarded.
This murder was not an incident, there are 200 more Islamic extremist in the netherlands, and the man that killed Theo today was not even regarded "extreme" enough to be in this group of 200.

How can you say, after looking around in our world today, that there's nothing wrong with Islamic religion and the culture that comes with it?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
How can you say, after looking around in our world today, that there's nothing wrong with Islamic religion and the culture that comes with it?

Its a little black/white what you are saying here. Its not the religion but how the people
act it out. Its the same with christianity in the old days. There are also extremists there...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Pim Fortuyn was one of those people who blame others for their problems.
He was blaming foreigners, specially muslims, for everything that went wrong in his life.
He was openly homosexual, and was pissed off at any culture which considered homosexuality as sin.
In his eyes, islamic regimes were equal with people who run away from those regimes and come to live in the Netherlands. Notice the flaw in his thinking? He wasn't very tolerant towards other immigrants either.

His policies were not very realistic, they were clouded with prejudice and probably bitterness of his own life.

Such extremist views were bringing out the worst in people who supported him. Although he didn't consider hismself as right wing, his right wing views were worse then those of openly conservative parties accross Europe, like in Austria for example.

To sum it up, people like Fortuyn have no place in Europe. We are trying to overcome views like his and move forward.
He didn't deserve bullet in the head though.

Ironicaly, he wasn't killed by immigrants, a left wing activist killed him.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Theo van Gogh also made a movie about Pim Fortuyn didn't he?

Might have something to do with it too.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan
Its a little black/white what you are saying here. Its not the religion but how the people
act it out. Its the same with christianity in the old days. There are also extremists there...

It's a little black and white yes, but maybe it's time for us to become a little more black and white before more people are killed.
You can not compare christian extremists with islamic extremists, not even slightly.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You can not compare christian extremists with islamic extremists, not even slightly.

Why not?
They are both extremist and very exclusive in their world views. They are both violent and close-minded.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Why not?
They are both extremist and very exclusive in their world views. They are both violent and close-minded.

Look around you paperclip.
What's the difference between countries based on christians values and countries absed on islamic values?
What's the difference between fundamental christians and fundamental muslims?
What is the difference between the Korans Mohammed and the Bibles Jesus?

Christian extremists are bad. They trashtalk gay people and tell everyone they go to hell, even though I as a christian find it hard to believe these people are truly using the bible as their guide.

Muslim extremists on the other hand are not bad, they are way more than that.
They are a threat to all peace, democracy, equality and safety of everyone around the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Another fun fact about this.

Van Gogh was murdered 911 days after pim fortuyn

They are currently saying on the news that the guy had ties to muslim fundamentalist movements.

One of the guys he was involved with was arrested a while back for conspiring to blow up the dutch parlement.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Theo van Gogh also made a movie about Pim Fortuyn didn't he?

Might have something to do with it too.

That's right! He had just finished recording and was going to look at the first edit that same morning.

And in the near-future another movieproducer is probably going to make a movie of him as well. Bizar huh?!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well the dutch are idiot's for letting muslims into their country. Now they have lost their freedom of speech because of the fear an arab/muslim will murder them if they speak out againist islam. Sounds like the taiban have moved to the dutch nation.

The dutch parilments memebers are being raped in the ass by muslims. Now thats dominance. Europe need's to get real leader's not men that allow their ass's to be raped by musliim's. This is not an individual matter, it's an ideology issue. It's the ideology that 's raping their ass's. But they are too dumb to realise it. The world need's hardliners to deal with these islamic serical killers.

europe has become weak, because of liberislism. The muslims exploiit this by killing their ciiterzen's and still they don't wake up.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Well the dutch are idiot's for letting muslims into their country. Now they have lost their freedom of speech because of the fear an arab/muslim will murder them if they speak out againist islam. Sounds like the taiban have moved to the dutch nation.

The dutch parilments memebers are being raped in the ass by muslims. Now thats dominance. Europe need's to get real leader's not men that allow their ass's to be raped by musliim's. This is not an individual matter, it's an ideology issue. It's the ideology that 's raping their ass's. But they are too dumb to realise it. The world need's hardliners to deal with these islamic serical killers.

europe has become weak, because of liberislism. The muslims exploiit this by killing their ciiterzen's and still they don't wake up.

Since you probably don't live in Holland or in another European country, I can assure you things are 'just' a little different and more complicated than that.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thinker, arent you over-reacting a bit?

Where do you live, btw?

Jakko, I said extremists can be compared and I stand to that.
Extremist christians killed 200,000 people in Bosnia, they opened detention camps hitler style, rape camps, they bombed cities every day. And they read the same Bible you read.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Why not?

So jesus was volient and a leader of an army of followers and killed anyone that didn't follow him?

So mohammed was volient and a leader of an army of followers and killed anyone that didn't follow him?

So bush was volient and a leader of an army of followers and killed anyone that didn't follow him?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan

It's a little black and white yes, but maybe it's time for us to become a little more black and white before more people are killed.

You are correct, Christianity killed way more people than Islam
ever has............you need a little history refresher course. How many
witches and pagans died during the middle ages? How many native
Americans were slaughtered when the Spanish took over the new
world? All in the name of Christianity, extremism is bad no matter what
name the religion has.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

So jesus was volient and a leader of an army of followers and killed anyone that didn't follow him?

So mohammed was volient and a leader of an army of followers and killed anyone that didn't follow him?

So bush was volient and a leader of an army of followers and killed anyone that didn't follow him?

No, no and no.
So, we have question about someone who lived 2000 years ago, someone who lived 1400 years ago, and someone who lives today and they all have very little to do with topic of this discussion (which is about the followers of the first two... well, Bush can hop in anytime, so we can blame him for everything
)

At this point of discussion it is time that someone brings up the crusades

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Thinker, arent you over-reacting a bit?

Where do you live, btw?

Jakko, I said extremists can be compared and I stand to that.
Extremist christians killed 200,000 people in Bosnia, they opened detention camps hitler style, rape camps, they bombed cities every day. And they read the same Bible you read.

Extremist japanese killed million's in world war two, lets go find the teachings of budda to justifie those killings. Then brand buddism as a terrorist religion.

This is the logic people use to attack christianity.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Dutch people call themselves very open minded - it means you are welcomed with your believes and way of living as long as you will be able to get along with your neighbors - I've seen many places where people are gathering together no matter where are they coming from...
I think it is sad, that you think, that tolerance is a wrong way to deal with the world...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Extremist japanese killed million's in world war two, lets go find the teachings of budda to justifie those killings. Then brand buddism as a terrorist religion.

This is the logic people use to attack christianity.

Hehe, I am not falling for that one.

First, as far as I know, japanese are not buddhists.

Number 2, Jakko raised the question of comparison of extremists of these two religions, and that is what I have compared. I did not attack anyone.

Anyways, I am staying out of this one because we are already way off topic here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Art is freedom of expression, a right we should all have. To beable to create without harm of ones life. Art reflects life, as life is reflected in art.
Let yourself be nurtured by all that is beautiful in this world. So often, your thoughts will find their echo in the world around you.
May his legacy live on....
No theory can explain his billance of what he was expressing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join