It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans need to Face Reality...They are just not Cool !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Cool? Well its a given most politicans are far from cool. Yet talking head Republicans seem to go out of their way to be uncool. Cool to me has a "Live and let live" vibe, "is X good for you? cool, are you doing being X while not coming down on me? even cooler!". This attitude strikes right into the heart of the modern conservative who sticks his/her toes right up to the church/state divide and crosses it when nobody is looking (and sometimes while). Is there hope for them? I've read of moderate Republican breeding programs, sadly none have survived long once released into the wild.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by Theimp
Is this a serious thread? Does the OP honestly believe that we need to elect our President based on how "cool" he is?

I am at a total loss for words here.

My 26 year son old thinks that Obama got the younger vote because he hangs with the stars, movie and music, who this generation think are cool.

As shockingly stupid is the idea that a cool candidate gets the vote, it holds merit in that the people who have minimal interest in politics look to the ones they idolize who endorse the cool guy.

This is pathetic IMHO.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

More people vote for American Idol than turn up at the voting booth.

When you have low or no information, your vote goes to the cool guy.

I wish I was wrong....I'm hearing the same thing as this poster.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Apple used to be "cool" as well. Now they are getting their arses handed to them, while their stock price plummets. Everything is cyclical. The giving away of the farm that libs like to do will be seen as uncool very soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As Dennis Kucinich said recently, 'the people who tell the truth' are the outliers, the oddballs, the ones who are made fun of.

Our national discourse is now at the level of a third grade classroom, with most of it identical to a couple of bullies at recess discussing which little kid to beat up next.

Gary Johnson ran for President on the Republican ticket; he was actually the first candidate to declare. Gary is and was, cool. He was pro-pot legalization and had already spent two terms as a successful, well-liked governor. But how many of you here even knew he was a candidate? How many of you know how thoroughly marginalized he was by the Republican party and CNN when the debates were scheduled?

How many of you realize, finally, that we don't have a say in who is running, nor who wins? It's all a scam, and if the laws were applied evenly, our last three presidents would be in jail for marijuana offenses, and several before that for lying to Congress and various forms of treason.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Gary Johnson ran for President on the Republican ticket; he was actually the first candidate to declare. Gary is and was, cool. He was pro-pot legalization and had already spent two terms as a successful, well-liked governor. But how many of you here even knew he was a candidate? How many of you know how thoroughly marginalized he was by the Republican party and CNN when the debates were scheduled?

I agree that Gary Johnson is cool. I know him and covered his campaign in New Mexico for a local cable access channel. BUT he ran on the Libertarian ticket not the GOP ticket. That is one of the main reasons he is cool; because he saw thru the BS that surrounds the Republicans and Tea Party and registered with the Libertarians after being marginalized by the GOP like you mentioned.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wemustbreakyou
Republicans cant even find a cool pundit. Greg Gutfeld from The Five and Red Eye is the best they can come up with. What a lame little smurf that guy is.

Democrats arent cool either though.

Obama is the biggest tryhard the world has ever known.

while i would have to agree that Obama is not 'cool' in the true sense of the word, he is (almost) black, and he can play ball, 2 things i would suggest can be associated with being cool. The rupublicans are old white men mostly, and nothing is less cool than an old white, rich man

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by Theimp
Is this a serious thread? Does the OP honestly believe that we need to elect our President based on how "cool" he is?

I am at a total loss for words here.

My 26 year son old thinks that Obama got the younger vote because he hangs with the stars, movie and music, who this generation think are cool.

As shockingly stupid is the idea that a cool candidate gets the vote, it holds merit in that the people who have minimal interest in politics look to the ones they idolize who endorse the cool guy.

This is pathetic IMHO.

To a point, but let's not forget about Ron Paul and how much of the young vote he was able to grasp both in 08 and 12. There's not much "cool" about a 70 year old. But sure, people thought Obama was "cool" in 08, but let's be honest, those weren't the people that put him into office. People that vote based on race, just because he's black, as well as the welfare class and those asking for hand outs, those are the people that put him into office.

The fact is, the Democrats in this country as so brainwashed, so utterly and completely mesmerized, that this President can literally do no wrong. And then they turn around to anyone that doesn't worship him as the second coming of Christ and say "you're just mad Romney lost" ...as the nation literally falls apart in front of their eyes. But see as long as it's their team in charge, that's all that matters... politics is like a football game to these idiots.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What does cool have to do with politics? I have never had a cool boss but every office I have ever worked in seemed to run efficient. Look at someone like Ron Paul. 75 years old and still pulled the youngest and largest crowds. Why? Not because he was cool, but because his message was well thought out and relatable.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Why? Not because he was cool, but because his message was well thought out and relatable.
reply to post by WonOunce

I would submit the one thing that cost Dr.Paul is the uninformed electorate.

He never caught on with the mainstream.

It takes work to educate yourself about Candidates.

Work it seems most people are unwilling to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join