It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans need to Face Reality...They are just not Cool !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
After carefully watching this Election Cycle...These are my opinions.

The Republicans have no idea what it means to be "Cool".

They just keep sending the next guy in line. Even when they know they will get creamed.

How many years must they lose before they adjust? Who is on the horizon?

This is what I am talking about.

What does it really mean to be cool? Here is what I found.

The aesthetics of cool developed mainly as a behavioral attitude practiced by black men in the United States at the time of slavery. Slavery made necessary the cultivation of special defense mechanisms which employed emotional detachment and irony. A cool attitude helped slaves and former slaves to cope with exploitation or simply made it possible to walk the streets at night.

I had no idea the Slaves invented being cool.

However, ‘cool’ does not only refer to a respected aspect of masculine display, it’s also a symptom of anomie, confusion, anxiety, self-gratification and escapism, since being cool can push individuals towards passivity more than towards an active fulfillment of life’s potential. Often “it is more important to be ‘cool and down’ with the peer group than to demonstrate academic achievement,”

I really can not say what exactly "Cool" is. But I know what it is not.

Cool is not a rich Mormon that wants illegals to self deport.

So my message to the Republican Party is you better learn what "Cool" is.

Or this is what they are going to be looking at in 3 years...

philosophynow.org

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Republicans cant even find a cool pundit. Greg Gutfeld from The Five and Red Eye is the best they can come up with. What a lame little smurf that guy is.

Democrats arent cool either though.

Obama is the biggest tryhard the world has ever known.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm still hoping for a meteor strike on the capitol when both houses are in session with the pres.

The odds say it has to happen at some point. Why not now?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wemustbreakyou
Republicans cant even find a cool pundit. Greg Gutfeld from The Five and Red Eye is the best they can come up with. What a lame little smurf that guy is.

Democrats arent cool either though.

Obama is the biggest tryhard the world has ever known.

If Greg Gutfeld is their only "Cool" voice...

They are in worse trouble than I thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I think you meant to say politicians for the most part arent cool, as I know of several cool republicans, as well as several cool dems.

Dems are not cool, they are hypocritical losers, this is not a cool trait.

Repubs are not cool, they too are hypocritical lossers, this is not a xool trait for them either.

Op you better hope that isnt what we see in 3 years, our country cant survive 3 more years like the last 5 and next 3 are likely to be.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think Rand Paul is pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A nation that would even factor "cool" into judgement and discernment really has lost sight of the meaning of what is important.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You can so be cool and be rich. Lots of cool people are rich.
You can also be cool and be Mormon. Lots of cool people are Mormon.
You can even be a cool, rich Mormon. I know some of those myself.

Perhaps the rich Mormon you point out is uncool, but to make that claim with a large brush is just wrong.

I personally am far from rich, but pretty cool for my age, and Mormon.
And am proud about it. Just sayin'...(which is an uncool way to end a post, isn't it? Sorry.)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Clint Eastwood need I say more!

The invisible Obama was hilarious and, cool I don't care what you say!

Peeps just couldn't handle it

Then I should be careful don't want to offend uncie O,
might get a drone up the a-hole...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
You can so be cool and be rich. Lots of cool people are rich.
You can also be cool and be Mormon. Lots of cool people are Mormon.
You can even be a cool, rich Mormon. I know some of those myself.

Perhaps the rich Mormon you point out is uncool, but to make that claim with a large brush is just wrong.

I personally am far from rich, but pretty cool for my age, and Mormon.
And am proud about it. Just sayin'...(which is an uncool way to end a post, isn't it? Sorry.)

I just was comparing Obama to Romney...

I never meant to paint Mormons or rich people with a broad brush.

It is more a comment on Society...

As another poster said "The fact we even consider who is coolest".

Apologies if I offended any of the Mormon's...However, it's open season on rich people...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I am a Republican and I am extremely cool! It's those nasty, idiot politicians who are not cool- and I mean almost all of them. Sometimes I wonder if they were cool before they got involved in politics, but then I think nah....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think you mean Neo-Cons rather than Republicans. The neo-con platform has dominated the Republican party since the evangelical movement took control of the party in the early '90's I think. What is not cool about them is the adoption of "social conservative" views, which were not dominate till that movement. You can't demonize Republicans for what is becoming a minority view within.Religious Right

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I feel the only reason the Republicans are the way they are, is because the whole political theater is just that. Theater. They're meant to be the clowns. And they play the role to a T.

Conspiracy aside, let's take a look at it.

Why do people dislike republican? Is it because they are freedom loving, Constitution loving people? Is it because there's lots of people that dislike America, and would rather have Amerika?

The thing is, which I feel one of the most offputting things about the Republicans, is they are NOT freedom lovers. They say they are incessantly, but they aren't. Look at any social issue. Abortion, gay marriage, etc. They always restrict social issues. Aren't social issues where people are really free?? It seems like their view of freedom is corporations should be allowed to do whatever they want.
Look at their view on government. They will shout all day about how we need smaller government, but if you give them the chance they'll expand government. But it's okay as long as government is big under their control.

Their response to people with opinions different from their own is hilarious. If you don't agree with them, you're a freedom hating, constitution burning, libtard. They refuse to negotiate or discuss any issue.
Look, it's noble to have convictions and stick by them. The thing with republicans is you don't know what their convictions are! They say one thing and do another. They say they are pro-freedom, yet won't allow people to have abortions. They say they are pro-life, yet they love the death penalty and are usually pro-military.

They don't deal well with facts. I've been noticing that a lot over the past year or so. They'll ignore facts that conflict with their viewpoints. The facts that they use to back up their arguments are oftentimes misleading. Like we shouldn't tax the rich more, the top 10% pays 50% of the taxes. When you look at the full picture, you see that the top 10% also makes 80% of the income.

In summary, they are hypocrites who are very aggressive, and oftentimes what they say flies in the face of logic. I wouldn't even say that's their problem. Their problem is they refuse to acknowledge it. In their minds, they are freedom loving, never do wrong, patriots, protecting the country from the evil liberals who want to destroy the country. They've managed to pain this narrative that just isn't real. Their narrative becomes more and more crazy every day. Of course, they will refuse to admit to any of this.
Know thyself.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Are you insane? If this isn't cool, I don't know what is....

www.youtube.com...

Slaughtering turkeys and GOP politics. That's the epitome of COOL!!!!!

Want to see the cool Palin being protected from witchcraft video?

Sarah Palin brought back COOL to the GOP and I'm proud of her for doing so!
edit on 30-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It wont matter who they put up next time. Gun grabbing is political suicide! Just watch and see!

America loves their guns, and all the GOP needs to do is stay the course and pitch a few lines about liberty here and there.

I'd be willing to stake some money on it if your like.. You want to wager?
edit on 30-3-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
LAST THING I WANT IN GOVT IS COOL.

What I want in govt is brains- and there is a severe lack of it going around.

Isnt this how Obama got elected? The cool and dumb factor.

This really isnt an admirable trait in a country as powerful as ours. We dont need hip- We need smart.

It used to be cool to be ignorant- when you were 15.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Rand Paul/Sarah Palin Ticket for me please. If there is a government still left at time that is.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I agree 100% that republicans are not kewl. And to remedy this, I feel they should pay for my internet bill every month. And they should force health insurance companies to cover my pets for free. Hey they are family also. Well, there may be a few more things, so once I complete my entitlement list, I will share it. Just those two things alone should ensure a republican win next time around though.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

I think you mean Neo-Cons rather than Republicans. The neo-con platform has dominated the Republican party since the evangelical movement took control of the party in the early '90's I think. What is not cool about them is the adoption of "social conservative" views, which were not dominate till that movement. You can't demonize Republicans for what is becoming a minority view within.Religious Right

It was the 70s.

Actually Jimmy Carter was the first outspoken 'born-again' in the White House. He was sincere and devout.

Then there was Saint Ronnie of the Bel Air Presbyterian church - very rich, very socially backwards church - but very, very rich. Christianity in a Bubble kind of place.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If the measure of a leader is how "cool" he appears to be....

It is no wonder the Country is imploding. It is no wonder why people continue to elect incompetent, inept, and completely ignorant people into Office.

And if this is how you choose who to cast your vote for, do the world a favor, don't ever vote. Stay home eating your ding dongs and watching the grass grow. That is clearly better suited for your attention span.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join