It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans need to Face Reality...They are just not Cool !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
And when Rand Paul won the GOP seat the Dems butt hole grew 10 sizes!! All gun grabbers are on their way out!
edit on 30-3-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Is this a serious thread? Does the OP honestly believe that we need to elect our President based on how "cool" he is?

I am at a total loss for words here.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yup! You are 100% correct. The Republicans are uncool and probably as uncool as many teenager's parents. Most teenagers are very much Democrats in that they want to run wild, suck their parent's dry of money, take no responsibility, not work, etc. You know...Utopia...do anything you want, be the center of the universe, etc.

But then the crap hits the fan and little teenager Johnny gets in trouble, runs out of money or whatever...and he runs to his responsible Republican parents for real help...a bailout, rehab, whatever. And Johnny says to himself...Thank God my parents are there for me!". Maybe one day...when Johnny grows up, he will become a responsible, hard working Parent.

You see...Republicans are basically the responsible parent during a divorce, while Democrats are the other parent trying to buy the child's love with "gifts". But we all knew that...right?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Actually I think the British take credit for inventing "cool".

Sal

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
this thread is a complete waist and is the number one reason why america is going down the drain. I don't want my politician being cool, I want my politician to be smart, and know how to do the job that was set in front of them. I could care less if they can play the saxophone, smoke pot, have a hot wife, or say a funny joke. Our country is going down the drain because everyone is more worried about the "cool thing". Oh I have a Ipod, and a brand new car, and a 100 dollar t-shirt I'm so cool, to bad I'm 40,000 dollars in debt dropped out of school in 10th grade and working at a coffee shop, but i have 4000 friends on facebook !!!!

you know what would be cool, to stop distracting us with stupid issues like gay marriage, gun control, and global warming, and start getting ride of our national debt which is gonna go up another 2 trillion this year.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Republicans are cool; they just don't remember how to be. They need to review the principles upon which the party was founded and ditch the antiquated 1950's themed "evangelical conservativism" pitch. Republicans were the original "cool" party- the anti-slavery party! The very essence of Republicanism is based on individual freedom, coupled with individual rights, and moderated by individual responsibility. Republicans simply need to take the next two years to launch a MASSIVE PR campaign aimed at giving the party a make-over to remind people of the following:

1) Republicans whole-heartedly support the GLBT community and their inalienable right to marry- the very definition of Republicanism DEMANDS that individual freedoms that promote every person's inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness should NEVER be infringed upon, so long as those freedoms do not infringe on anyone else's inalienable rights.

2) The government should never be given the privilege of defining the limits of your inalienable rights. That is, in fact, precisely what we have allowed to happen in the context of gay marriage, gun control, GMO food production, and a host of other important and era-defining issues. The government does not "grant" rights- they serve only to define the limitations of our inalienable rights. Any true freedom-seeker, by definition, must support the Republican philosophy.

3) Republicans embrace and support all faiths, beliefs, religious institutions, and your right to worship freely without fear of persecution. Big government LOVES to define the scope of when, where or how individuals and groups can pray and worship. As a Republican, if you want to worship or pray publicly, it is your right to do so and Republicans will support and defend that right, so long as your right does not infringe on someone else's right to do the same. This right belongs to every person of every faith.

4) Democrats and big government seek only to instill controls and limitations on everyday freedoms. It is a dangerous, collectivist, HIVE mentality that, if left unchecked, will rob every man, woman and child of their right to freedom, creativity, imagination, desire, and the right to forge a unique and special existence.

Republicans were cool once, and they can be cool again. With the right PR and marketing, the right campaign, and the right candidate(s), it would not take long, and would not be terribly difficult, for Republicans to turn the tide and expose the Democratic party for what they are and always have been: the destroyers of individual will and freedom.
edit on 31-3-2013 by preezy120 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by preezy120 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Lol so true, many republicans are libertarians though that refuse to just admit it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Voting on "cool" is infantile. I want leaders who are not liars and stand on Constitutional principles. I want to end the Corporate Oligarchy controlling America. Washington IS not representing America but special interests who fund them with a few million and get billions in return (Solindra, Halliburton).

The hypocrisy on both sides is staggering. These 1960's dope smoking hippies who hated "da man" are now "da man" and they see nothing wrong with controlling our lives in the smallest of details, hypocrite much? They learned the truth about, "if you can't beat 'em join em" and they have taken over the most important institutions like education, media, and now government as a whole. Look at the bastions of liberal success such as Detroit and Chicago. You can't blame conservatives and their controlling ways for the hellhole those places are.

The hawkish attitude about war does nothing but line the pockets of the military industrial complex and the bankers love to help make war as they profit on all sides. It really is time for all the states to say "no more", and cut off the funding of the Federal government by not collecting payroll taxes, not allowing Federal agents to operate, close down all Federal buildings in their states and offer job training and alternatives to Federal employees or bus them all to Washington D.C. to be taken care of if they don't like the solutions. States need to regain control, and stop this Federal monster, their 2 billion bullets, thousands of MRAP tanks, drones, and jack booted thugs ready to whip our asses as soon as Washington says, "go".

The writing is on the wall, and we as States can stop it. Washington D.C. behemoth is an idea who's time has passed.

edit on 31-3-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: forgot to spell check properly

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe the lack of interest in the Republican Party is the fact everyone remembers them lying us into two wars and browbeating everyone who stood against them?

Maybe everyone remembers Romney calling 47% of the population moochers? Nothing like rich privileged people demonizing half of the country to build a support base.

We can only hope people remember the way they have been treated by the Democratic Party as well so the next election we can eliminate both of them from the White House.

I don't think this will happen, but I have always been an optimist!

edit on 31-3-2013 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp
Is this a serious thread? Does the OP honestly believe that we need to elect our President based on how "cool" he is?

This is unfortunately the reality. I am also very serious.

I am telling the Republicans why I feel they are getting creamed in Presidential politics.

However, my comment is more directed at their inability to nominate anyone except the next guy in line.

Because as far as I can see. They do not have anyone close to cool enough to beat Hillary.

I actually see this as a reality in our society...Hence this thread.

PS....I have never been a Republican...Only forced to vote for them...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Would

Lol so true, many republicans are libertarians though that refuse to just admit it.

Preach it...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Americans are programmed to respond to personalities, not intellect.

If the GOP continues to nominate geeks and charlatans they will continue to lose elections.

It's a media game and the RNC/GOP hasn't learned that fact. We at the local level know how the game is played and get republicans elected even in a Blue state.

Actually I think the national GOP is very comfortable in losing the Presidency if their last efforts are any indication.
You can't alienate women, minorities and the poor and expect to win any type of election, but that's exactly what they continue to do.

Americans don't respond well to Rush L hateful style, decisiveness, and elitist arrogance.
edit on 31-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We all know an Obama from our high schools daze if you look back honestly. Your HS Obama may have been the son/daughter of a school board member/principal/coach...they were the kid whose name was in the paper for subjective "honors;" the kid whose photo is everywhere in the yearbook (but no one on the yb staff remembers placing the photos); the kid who "earns" varsity letters "somehow" (no matter how awful they play). They ARE the Obama's...gilded, highly tauted, faux successes created because they were the "entitled ones" owed the attention but not deserving. Eventually the HS "entitled" ones graduate, go out into the world, and because they are no longer coddled, fail epicly, yet quietly. In the case of the entitled Obama (really, a Nobel Peace Prize for just breathing?) he IS failing epicly and in profoundly public way AND taking the US with him. He isn't cool or smart...just an empty vessel with a propped up resume (he wrote NOTHING as President of Harvard Law Review, and just where are his transcripts?)

Cool, in politics, is as fake as cleavage in Hollywood.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yeah, America only chooses whoever tells them what they want to hear. Libs are good at lying.

Tell me one positive thing Obama has done since being elected. One that he promised he would do and not the contrary.

Maybe I wasn't listening closely enough, but I didn't hear anything about stricter gun control during the debates.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp

My 26 year son old thinks that Obama got the younger vote because he hangs with the stars, movie and music, who this generation think are cool.

As shockingly stupid is the idea that a cool candidate gets the vote, it holds merit in that the people who have minimal interest in politics look to the ones they idolize who endorse the cool guy.

This is pathetic IMHO.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Conservatism is ding. It's why it is squawking so loudly.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

So... you vote for who is... "Cool" eh?

God help us...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow if thats what you base your vote on, do this country a favor and stay home on Election Day...

Second line...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The fallacy of this whole thread is that you even think you have a choice in who gets elected. First off, they rig the primary so you get to vote for their candidate A or candidate B of whom both are controlled by the power elites. Votes are rigged, and we know it. You cannot tell me that there were all those counties where not 1 person voted for Romney, and yet that's the facts if you look at the result.

We have not had free, fair, and honest elections in decades folks, and thinking we are just nominating the wrong people is your problem. WE ARE NOT NOMINATING ANYONE. We are given their choice and they want us to think we are electing someone. We are in a fancy modern zoo like they have in Disney World where it looks like the African Savanah and it's not. YOU ARE LIVING IN A LIE.... WTFU!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The reason Repubs are not cool is (according to the Demoncrats) becuase they are cruel.

Conservatives want:
1. Dirty air,
2. Old people to eat dog food,
3. Children to die from lack of food, and medical care,
4. Oil spills,
5. No police,
6. No teachers,
7. Assault weapons in every house,
8. Balanced budgets,
9. Marriage defined as man + woman, and last but not least...
10. "Dope" to be illegal.

Now, you see why republicans a so very bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join