It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK plans rally in Memphis Saturday to celebrate white peoples' rights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Ignorant Buffoon was taken byt the grand poobah from Tenessee.

These guys, sadly, have the right to their schtick. We, as thinking human beings, have a right to ignore them and to educate our young so that, one day, when one of these backwards ignoramouses tries to pass his uneducated hatred on to his kids, the kids stand up and say "no, that's not right and, by the way, I'm gay and my new boyfriend is a black jew from mexico named Jesus Schwartz Jones, deal with it."

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

KKK plans rally in Memphis Saturday to celebrate white peoples' rights,

Being from Texas; I had family members in the Klan and I'm here to tell you that racism is alive and well in Texas today; as well as in most of the US. Granted, not in as blatant a form as in the past but just because someone says "oooooo, you're playing the race card" doesn't mean they aren't as racists as some KKK devotees.

Having a Hispanic girl friend, we experience overt racism daily; From anglos, Hispanics, Blacks and even Native Americans. Some times it's subtle and sometimes it's violent. I'm not gonna take any **** from anyone.

edit on 30-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

My bad, didn't want to give the impression that I see a gay pride march equally as I would a Klan march. Just reinforcing that it's a legit march if they follow the rules. Only thing the gay pride and Klan march have in common is the free hot lunch when it's over.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Kluckers making noises again?

That is their right as citizens... Just as it's my right to think they're deluded idiots, or living proof as to why brothers and sisters shouldn't *ahem* marry...

As abhorrent as most of us find their creed/dogma, it would be more abhorrent to deny them their rights.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Do you know why white people dont have a history month? Of a special organization that fetters out some phony image of rights for people that already have them?

Because they don't care...its a non-issue...kinda makes you wonder why all of the other shades of humanity seem to care.

Oh thats right i almost forgot....because they dont look to the future, they look to the past to define who they are...

Zing

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, it is their right. The New Black Panthers are just as, if not more, racist than the Klan and theyll even march around with rifles but nobody gives them a second though.

Whens the last time Klan members stood in front of polling stations and intimidated voters? Im sure they have at some point but the last time was probably a few decades ago.
edit on 30-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

Let's get this a bit more actual.
First of all the Klan still does intimidate voters Im sure,
it's just done without the hood.

The Panther dudes you spoke of numbered two.
(That said, "news orginazations" can find
many pics of angry panthers.)

So two beret wearing black guys were there
because they heard republican intimidation
was on the way to stop their local voters.

Also.....
When white guys walk around with assault weapons
at shopping malls or rally's, amazingly,
few people flip out.

Now how about Panthers?
Carrying what else, AK-47's, and
walking through neighborhoods and shopping malls,
Locked and loaded.

You know, just exercising their rights, how'd that go over?

Or showing up to Obama rally's, like some Tea Party
gun owners do with their political candidates?

How long would that be a -
!!!!!!FOX NEW ALERT FOR REAL THIS TIME !!!!! ?
And can we put Rush L head back together again?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
They have the right to do that, that's for sure. Im all for a white anything, just not happy the kkk does it, if its ok for every other color to have a this or that day then its fine for whites too. Black entertainment tv ? that makes it ok to have white entertainment tv.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

i did do a thread on this ..here.
i just didnt do a very good one i guess...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace and love
~nat cat~
memphis is my home town

i didnt do updates like you did.
i dont agree with any hate groups...they do have the right to protest the changeing of the parks names though.
these parks names should not have been changed imo
edit on 30-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

Oh and I read where I do believe you said why did they pick Memphis? Did you not read why? Memphis changed the names of I do believe 3 parks because they said the men the parks were named after were racist!! So the KKK called for a rally of Protest against the changening of the parks names.
edit on 30-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like racism to me. It sounds like some people want to celebrate and be proud of their European heritage. Or should they just all be told to wear a white guilt bracelet and think about how privileged they are to be white???? that my good sir sounds like racism to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I am SO sorry Natalia. I had no intention at all of making less of your original post. I honestly hadn't recalled who made it when I got mine ready today and I couldn't find it but I had read it to recall there was one about Memphis.

I sure didn't mean to suggest your thread wasn't good. It's outstanding. My comments here about the rally were strictly about the fact I hadn't even seen it was happening until the reporter was tweeting about them heading back inside and wrapping up...then found no one has posted a word on it while it was ongoing. That seemed odd...but then that's why I picked it up to post.

(holds paw out to slap) I deserve it... My comments were insensitive and I can see it bothered you.

To topic: I'd seen the park explanation and I recall it from the previous thread. I'm not taking that as the full or even primary purpose though because the Klan just doesn't seem to react to such obscure symbolism. It's not obscure to Memphis, I know, but they started a thing here that could have blown into another Skokie and they knew it before they began, I'm sure. A local 'reason' for a national statement.

I'm personally offended by this group over all others (Even the Aryan Nation and that says a lot) because they just demanded their way into KKK Adopt-A-HIghway signs in MY state. It made Missouri synonymous with racism for a brief time and I actually got hell for it on the road from other truckers. Some...wasn't friendly joking either. They're detestable little trolls. We definitely agree there.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I see no one even talking about the reason the KKK had this march in Memphis. Its seems like the city council changed the names of 3 city parks.. Which wouldn't be a big problem, except these parks were named after Confederate Officers, and one officer in particular was a Lt. General by the name of Nathan Bedford Forrest. Now some of you might remember him as being the ancestor and name-sake of one Forrest Gump, but we country folk from the South. Remember him for his service in the Confederate Army and founding the KKK, and its funny that its not consider racist to rename a park Dedicated to him with a huge bronze statue of him in it, in the city he died in. I am not racist, I just love history. They are trying to erase white history, or atleast change it as they see fit.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
Is this guy serious?

Edward the Exalted Cyclops

He's the leader of the local chapter. C'mon they couldn't think of a better title?

Fits in well with Spongebob the square panted one.

I feel.

Wrabbit, what's the deal with that link to the twitter images? 15 images of an empty street and then the page continuously loads a billion images of that woman holding her new fancy iphone 4s. Literally, hundreds of the same image.

?!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm just spitballing here but in my very strong belief, the only way to eliminate racism is by education. Nothing else takes and holds. Nothing else lasts

Just my take but radical groups rise out of troubled times. If the state of the Union sinks low enough people begin to mistrust the system and seek alliances somewhere else.

These groups know when times are tough recruitment is easier and their ranks swell. Look what happened to Germany before WWII as an example. People feel a little more angry when they lose their job, home and savings.

Radical or extremist views are more appealing at those times. Historically speaking.

My guess is the KKK knows this full well. If things are hard or the future seems dim, the last thing you want to do is go out and join an extremist fringe group. That is harder considering that alone many people have no hope.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just a quick note, but another member did raise a good point and reminded me that I hadn't stated the purpose they claimed themselves for this. The fact I may not entirely believe that for their motivations doesn't change the purpose as they presented it. So before I go collapse into unconsciousness after my Korea series ....let me correct that real quick.

But the campaign exploded after the City Council's February decision to rename three municipal parks: Confederate Park; Nathan Bedford Forrest Park, named after a Confederate lieutenant general and the first Grand Wizard of the KKK; and Jefferson Davis Park, named after the president of the Confederacy.

Some Klansmen wanted to protest the parks' renaming in some "evil" ways," Edward explains between sips of root beer, but he insisted they plan a demonstration instead.
(Original OP Lnk)

Thanks for the nudge to keep me honest there Natalia. Had you not mentioned it, I wouldn't have added it, given my personal feelings. It did need noted beyond simply linking back to the story the details were in.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The KKK are Americas Jihadists We as white people don't like them or want them around.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

....Encourage sobriety? lmao .. why does that seem so weird coming from the KKK? "We hate blacks, and Jews, and we hate Mexicans too! And fags! And dirty Liberals, and we hate puppies too! ... and don't forget to eat your veggies"

Interesting angle.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It's okay...they'll be a tiny minority soon enough ....hell we might even give white folks a special month.

Edit: they already have a channel, they just chose to put adult programming on it 24/7.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Does the KKK still appear on Jerry Springer???

If that is truly the real KKK they will never ever be taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
maybe if they billed it as an anti - white privilege rally , hundreds of thousands would have showed up .the msm would have been all over the place. frankly I think this is much ado about nothing . are the kkk now demanding that street names be changed to one of their guys? oh I see , as long as you are not white , you can make all of the ridiculous demands you want and be called a progressive , but if your white and say anything you are either labeled a racist , homophobe , anti-semite , bigot , sexist , so on and so on. there is any easier way to handle not hearing what you do not like other than to pissing and moaning , do not listen..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I used to live in Memphis and this is a really bad idea. The KKK may be there for a reason but marching in Memphis is over their heads. I don't see this turning out well at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join