It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK plans rally in Memphis Saturday to celebrate white peoples' rights

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'll lend more credence to this thread when you all come back to lambast the New Black Panther Party next time they hold a public rally.

Having said that, I don't support the KKK in any way whatsoever. I just find it extremely hypocritical when I hear people speak of them in the way that so many do, yet say nothing when so many other groups hold rallies and parades to publicly declare their 'pride'.

Doesn't matter that it's the KKK. If any group of white people got together and declared their pride in being white, immediate cries of racism are raised. Part of that guilt trip that's been forced on us, I guess.
edit on 2-4-2013 by 2ndthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

I tried to convey that as well but all I got were excuses and double talk, hypocricy at its finest.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Any group that professes superiority due to skin color, or religion, or any number of differences are bigots.

I, for one, will never say otherwise. But...

This is America, and whether we like it or not; people have the freedom to be bigots. Hate it all you want, but I wouldn't change it for anything. 'cause that's a slippery slope we don't want to start sliding down. Ever.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

MEMPHIS, TN - There is a lot to be angry about if you're in the Ku Klux Klan.

As local leader of the Loyal White Knights, Edward the Exalted Cyclops organized a barbecue last month to make plans for Saturday's demonstration to show that white people still have rights.

Okay Memphis members... You're slipping!
tsk tsk... I searched high and low. I even did a string search on the firehose page. Not a KKK, Klan or Klu in sight. Yet we have the honest to God KLAN on the street in Memphis today, complete with their pointy white hats on their pointy little heads, out spreading the message that perhaps America hasn't progressed QUITE as far as we'd like to think we have.

Barker refers to the rally as a "white unity event," and a protest of the council's attempt "to erase white people out of the history books."

To Barker and Edward, the Klan's agenda is pretty simple: Send the immigrants back where they came from, silence the homosexuals and the communists (known as liberals today), promote sobriety and abstinence, end abortion, and discourage the mingling of races in a way "God never intended."

Indeed.... Some segments of society do have their right to free speech. The Klan established that in Skokie, Illinois with the Supreme Court decision defending even their right to parade. However, society can ask the perfectly valid question of why we still have elements like this, so numerous as to form a party to parade with.

Barker claims that the Klan' rightful reputation should include service to the community. Much of the violence blamed on the KKK was the work of those who claimed they were in the Klan but weren't recognized by the organization, he says.
Source

I believe I've heard that line of logic used to excuse things in the recent past by anoth....err.. Nvm. In the interest of ATS harmony, I shall catch myself there.

Seriously though ... The Klan, all decked out and set to ...do whatever it is they do in their bed sheets? In modern day Memphis?

I'm just spitballing here but in my very strong belief, the only way to eliminate racism is by education. Nothing else takes and holds. Nothing else lasts. Judging by this? P.C. to the point of overflowing out the doors isn't an effective approach. We need to try something else for that education side. I really sigh when I think MY Son might see this thing in his world as an adult as well. Surely by then, education will have prevailed. (I'll bet they said that in the 60's and again in the 70's too though)

(Anyone else notice how similar the language used by the Klan is to the language used out of the Westboro kooks?)

If blacks can have black pride, a whole month dedicated to them, and special Tv and radio stations just for them, don't be getting down on the whites cause they like having white events. If you want to re educate the radicals you need to go to the local mosque to do that cause there's plenty or real honest to goodness radicals there that are willing to kill you without the bedsheets. As far as the liberals are concerned, they are hurting the nation. And what if I thought homosexuality is wrong and perverse, if you like it down push it in my face so I won't have to push back. And so abortion is cool right ? Well not to those who think life begins at conception and that it is murder.

In the end you have some KKK having an event in Memphis big deal. next time you see the muslims in the streets let me hear you coming down on them, just for the sake of fairness. And yes, people have the right of free speech. Those who don't like it can look the other way.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

With all respect to you, if not your point.... Radical Muslims weren't in Memphis, TN, spewing hate like a kid over the can after a long Saturday night in Tijuana. The KKK were the haters in this particular story and on this particular day. There certainly are radical Muslims. Fortunately, a small % or it'd be a world war and a real ugly one by the numbers too.

In my personal opinion, the Klu Klux Klan are scumbags of the first order. I have NO respect for them or anyone who would claim allegiance to them. I am white by the way. Scottish/Irish on one side and Canadian (First generation born American, in fact) on my Mother's side. White as it gets...and they are still scum in my eyes. Hate is Hate. They live on it.

Sorry if you figure we should all include EVERY group that might hate in some all inclusive pool of hateful relativism. Like I said though, it wasn't anyone yelling Allahu Akbar. Just some white racists in bed sheets and pointy little hats for their pointy little heads.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

While I can understand why you have disdain for the KKK, and rightly so, I just want to point out that you don't have to wear hoods and look foolish to be racist. Some of the worst are the ones passing themselves off as the religion of peace, and politicians for the people. Hitler passed himself off as one of the people and a lover of true freedom and national patriotism. The KKK is but one of the many hate groups in the country. I just wanted to drive that point home.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Okay, perfectly fair there and I may have misunderstood you a bit there?

On that, I'll never argue. I was still living in California and actually working a siding job in Redondo Beach when the King riots broke out. That was something ... Racism sure was equal opportunity then. Blacks on Whites, Whites fighting while running REAL fast...and then Korean and Blacks went for each other. That was quite a thing for a teen to observe and learn. Prior to that, I hadn't given much thought to racism outside of White onto Black. After? Well..I've never looked at the whole thing quite the same again.

I hear what you're saying though. Indeed, the religion of peace is anything but to some followers. Enough to be a world issue I wish the over 95% of the Faith would stand up and squash themselves. After all, it's not just Infidels the Jihadis kill when they totally control an area. They kill Muslims too if the Muslims aren't "Muslim Enough" by the extremist standards. Folks seem to miss that minor detail sometimes.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You and I are in agreement here. This is something not seen on the ATS much.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Any organization that can be traced to as many murders and killings by way of lynching of blacks and murders of whites and jews as a collective throughout their history should not be allowed to exist, freedom of speech is one thing but being held accountable for countless murders and crimes should be another.

Their track record historically goes far beyond voter intimidation, lets keep that in perspective, their organization is responsible many heinous acts and crimes.

Go do some research for the estimated murders and killings this organization has been behind since the foundation of it, the Klan should be treated the same as any other criminal organizations throughout history, given no respect, infiltrated and/or disbanded, which I am pretty sure the the 3 letter agencies still do have infiltrators standing by to assist in doing just that, same with any other groups that teach hate.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join