It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Seal team 6 soldier dies...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure where this goes and I am not sure if it has been posted yet. Apparently another member of Seal Team 6 has went down for the permanent dirt nap...parachute accident.

I know many of them died not long ago in a helicopter crash.

This soldiers name was Chief Brett D. Shadle. I wonder if this was the guy that recently (anonymously) stated the Osama raid did not happen as the Administration said it did. I suppose we will never know for sure.

member of Seal time 6 killed, another injured

not that I am a huge conspiracy theorist...ok...yes I am...

But doesn't it strike anyone else funny that this team is dieing (killed?) off?

It's totally possible I suppose...It just seems a little odd to me...but maybe that's just me

who knows?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Dirt Nap? Thanks... I'm sure the sailor's family is appreciative of your level of compassion. Ouch.

As it happens, Seal Six's biggest claim to fame before the wars began was the fact they trained as they fight. 100% all out and with ALL the risk and chances to get themselves killed as would exist in the real thing. They do have deaths in training occasionally ...in fact, as I seem to recall somewhere, the number was surprising when I'd seen it.

Such are the risks for training up to be among the most highly skilled and elite warriors in the world. They don't get that way by safety rules and OSHA guidelines on their training events.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Thanks for the thread. A friend of mine is SUPPOSEDLY (you know how everyone suddenly knows everyone/everything when events happen) friends with a family member of one of the members of Team 6. They all think the deaths are inside jobs so to speak. It would be interesting to see statistics on deaths of other teams. If they ALL have a high mortality rate or if it has just been this team.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I admit wrabbit...sometimes I am a little calloused...who isn't these days. Calloused, cynical and genuinely un-trusting....

My choice of words is not meant to be and I don't think is...disrespectful....the "dirt nap" goes back to an ancient Irish saying "woke up on the right side of the grass this day"....lighten up a tad bit...

Word choices aside...I'm sorry...there is just something weird about how this particular team is vanishing before our eyes....perhaps I am just a lunatic, fringe thinker....but I don't think so...something is amiss...either you can imagine it...or not.
edit on 3/30/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think it's more respectful to say DIRT NAP and call attention to the fact that these soldiers seem to be dying at high rates than to worry about words and ignore that someone high up might be ordering them to get that way. (DEAD)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Are we seriously hung up on the phrase "dirt nap"? I read that and thought that was a different term that I have never heard before and it made me smile. Is there something wrong with me? lol

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with dirt nap...swimming with the fishes...etc... Some people relly need to toughen up. Dont go wearing yer feelings on yer sleeves...it makes you look weak. For the seal team 6...yup kinda reminds me of how Oswald was killed by Ruby then he too became ill and died shortly after...Its all a conspiracy man!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't think there are any soldiers in SEAL Team Six. Pretty sure it is a Navy unit, manned by sailors. Or "operators," if you want to be branch-neutral.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
All the Teams have a pretty high casualty rate (not necessarily fatalities, but injuries and fatalities). The difference with Seal Team 6 is that they are the most visible of them all, so they're the most scrutinized. When you train as hard as they do, and do the missions they do, the risks are much higher than they are for your standard foot soldier, so more of them are going to get hurt. When you're a member of a Team that's the most public of all of them, it's going to appear that there are more casualties than any other.

Even when you do a search by number for the other Teams, Seal Team 6 is one of the first to pop up, regardless of which Team you searched for. As for this accident, parachute accidents happen. Depending on what type of drop they were doing, would determine the risk of danger. If it's a HALO drop, there's risk of a midair collision with another team member, as you have a long time to freefall, and if you aren't careful you can not notice you're creeping towards another jumper (creeping might not be the best word as you're travelling pretty fast). If it's a HAHO, there's the risk of hypoxia, as from what I've heard when the chute opens it's a jarring shock, and in the past has been known to knock oxygen connections loose. If you don't quickly notice and fix it, you can go hypoxic quickly.

I've also heard that this area has had a number of fatalities (including SEALs), as it's a pretty well used jump facility by SOCCOM.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Oh c'mon...you know what I meant...soldiers...sailors....call it what you want, but the general term is 'protectors of the Republic"...If you serve in the armed forces, you are a soldier...a 'sailor" also consists of those douche bags on "deadliest catch"...I think this is different.

I sincerely feel bad for these guys...the best of the best....it's not easy to become a seal....and this particular team is vanishing before our eyes....coincidence?...methinks not.

Anyhow....I lament for these most excellent and skilled warriors....there must be a terrible thing coming to allow such skill to be wasted.

For those that don't think I have a heart about this...lemme tell ya a little story...

One of my best friends....we'll call him Louie...had a son. Louie was just a poor boy in a big city...so I picked him and his son up from the hospital after he was born...we'll call the son Derrick. Derrick grew up with just a daddy...mom hit the road. All of us "redneck's" basically raised the boy as his "uncle's". He grows up and goes to war in the second gulf war.

He comes home from war and in a absolutely weird moment... in front of 10 to 12 people...he grabs a gun and blows his brains out.....story over...father shattered....

I miss my adopted nephew...he was a good kid....but he experienced things over there that most of us recliner denizens cannot even imagine.....and we wonder why the shiz is all falling apart.

Anyway....something is wrong folks....I do not know what it is but I promise you that if WE DID know...it would make us vomit.....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Oh, my bad sometimes too.. I'm more sensitive on some of this recently. Although, it is hard to forget (or perhaps it isn't with how low a profile so many maintain) just how many serving military are members here.

Anyway.... I'll tell ya honestly? I don't put any faith in the idea that Seal 6 guys are being eliminated or hunted down. It first comes from hearing it from people in the Navy right now but also, a logical thing here that probably isn't real well known. The author almost went to prison for many years for simply writing about it. However, Richard Marcinko was the first commander and founder of Seal Team Six, back when it really was just a numbered team with a highly specialized purpose in mind.

His first book went into great detail about operations he commanded Seal Six for in "OpFor" exercises or Opposing Force testing. Basically, Seal 6 would play the terrorists against real U.S. facilities who may or MAY NOT (most were..some weren't) be told they were coming. Their goal was literally to go where "no one can possibly get", do what "no one could ever get away with" and then leave without being caught or detected.

I thought the note inside a Nuclear Reactor Control Room aboard an Ohio Class sub while tied to the pier was a touching bit of humor but the one that wasn't funny was Air Force One. As the book described it, while on one of the many trips to the Western White House for President Reagan, Seal Six targeted Air Force One while on the tarmac. They supposedly got into it, did their dasdardly deeds to prove the point and how much mayhem they COULD have caused and DID successfully get back out, undetected. The SS apparently had kittens and swore off any "testing" like that against their areas, EVER again ...but it showed something.

When dealing with people who are trained to do the impossible as their routine, daily schedule? One would be suicidal beyond description to deliberately hunt them WHILE they are still at the very peak of their combat ability and still in a tight community to act in concert and against a common target. As Marcinko showed on a California tarmac during a very bad period of the Cold War (For security) .... NO ONE is beyond the reach of the best U.S. Special Forces teams. Absolutely no one.

Do you think anyone who knows the Team's capabilities would honestly make personal and dire enemies of them? That's really the MAIN reason I discount the idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
In my eyes, these "soldiers" are not normal people... they seek adreneline rushes.
They are trained mad... What these guys do, a normal person would just pass out under the stress.
I've once seen a docu on the foreing legion over here... those guys are some tuff mf's

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
All the Teams have a pretty high casualty rate (not necessarily fatalities, but injuries and fatalities). The difference with Seal Team 6 is that they are the most visible of them all, so they're the most scrutinized. When you train as hard as they do, and do the missions they do, the risks are much higher than they are for your standard foot soldier, so more of them are going to get hurt. When you're a member of a Team that's the most public of all of them, it's going to appear that there are more casualties than any other.

Even when you do a search by number for the other Teams, Seal Team 6 is one of the first to pop up, regardless of which Team you searched for. As for this accident, parachute accidents happen. Depending on what type of drop they were doing, would determine the risk of danger. If it's a HALO drop, there's risk of a midair collision with another team member, as you have a long time to freefall, and if you aren't careful you can not notice you're creeping towards another jumper (creeping might not be the best word as you're travelling pretty fast). If it's a HAHO, there's the risk of hypoxia, as from what I've heard when the chute opens it's a jarring shock, and in the past has been known to knock oxygen connections loose. If you don't quickly notice and fix it, you can go hypoxic quickly.

I've also heard that this area has had a number of fatalities (including SEALs), as it's a pretty well used jump facility by SOCCOM.

As always zaphod

Truth is soldiers die...........all that this tracking of dead seal team six members should do is make you realise the mortality rate of even your best
Not just on ops but in training also

But then I know many that have died on ops but the official story is killed in training, some things you can't even tell the next of kin

Also I'm afraid US jump harnesses are not exactly the best in the world and there is a set amount of acceptable losses per year at jump school.............instructors even get a bonus for no fatalities

Over a long enough period ........everyone's survivability reaches zero
edit on 30-3-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What is this 3 or 4 dead now in recent weeks.

YAY !!! This is Great news! Get the rest of em. Yep, I'd throw a party.

Murdering scumbags all deserve to die. These are nothing more than highly trained uncaring unfeeling murderers who blindly follow orders without questioning if the order is right or not. I've read 'Richard "Dick" Marcinko's books. en.wikipedia.org... LOL and the News reports that correlate.

Governments that use these types of people train them to be monsters then abuse their power through them. It's better they were all extinct.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don’t know how true this is or is not but I once read that during the 1990’s more members of the SAS were killed in parachuting accidents than in combat.

These DEVGRU guys must do hundreds of practice jumps, if not more and accidents are bound to happen. I don’t really see any significant of this other than the sad passing of an elite warrior.

The problem that DEVGRU is having right now is just like the same problem that the SAS had after the Iranian hostage siege in London, they have become famous. Let’s face it unless you were someone who was interested in Special operations units before the Bin Laden raid you probably might have only known Seal Team Six as a cool sounding name, indeed a lot of people probably had never heard of DEVGRU. Yet now that they have famously taken down the worlds most wanted terrorist everyone knows the name “Seal Team Six” put it into a headline people are going to read it. I think that’s part of the problem, now that people know about SEAL Team Six they read more about them and question it. Before Neptune Spear this accident probably wouldn’t even have made it into the press, its probably happened countless times before to the unit but because the team is now famous its worthy news. Like I say same problem the SAS had.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I dare you to say what you just said to the face of any serving solider.

Go on please, just do it, I would bet you wouldn’t be posting that type of insulting rubbish on ATS or anything for that matter for quite some time.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
What is this 3 or 4 dead now in recent weeks.

YAY !!! This is Great news! Get the rest of em. Yep, I'd throw a party.

Murdering scumbags all deserve to die. These are nothing more than highly trained uncaring unfeeling murderers who blindly follow orders without questioning if the order is right or not. I've read 'Richard "Dick" Marcinko's books. en.wikipedia.org... LOL and the News reports that correlate.

Governments that use these types of people train them to be monsters then abuse their power through them. It's better they were all extinct.

Oh, well, you read Richard Marcinko's books... Obviously that makes you an expert.

Explain to me please, how your attitude is any different then the one you so abhor? In it's own little way, not so much...

As for blindly following? Special Operators of this calibre are not, by any definition, "followers", much less "blindly" so...

High IQ's. Many have college degrees... Speak at least one foreign language, and are technically savant.

Monsters? Hardly. Warriors, yes. Most of us haven't a clue what these men and women are...I've only the vaguest of notions, and I know half a dozen of ex operators. Vietnam, and other "unnamed" places were their crucibles. Until you've been there, you've no clue.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I dare you to say what you just said to the face of any serving solider.

Go on please, just do it, I would bet you wouldn’t be posting that type of insulting rubbish on ATS or anything for that matter for quite some time.

Probably not the smartest thing to do or be beneficial to his health but I would actually give him props if he went up to a combat soldier and said that. Most people arent that stupid to tease a unchained pitbull but most soldiers are trained to have self control and not let their emotions to override their better judgement.

If I were him I would be more worried about the average civilian overhearing his comments. I would say before he finished his rant he would have about 10 unhappy good ol' boys and soccer moms showing him what the bottom of their boot looks like

edit on 2013/3/30 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maybe...just maybe....the truth the world is waiting for will surface because of these brave men...These are not just fysical strong but also intelligent strong minds....

Their loyalty can be stretched to a certain point. The US government is busy streching it beyond breaking point....who knows what happens next.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join