It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration in the UK - The Reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's funny how they try to mask their obvious racist feelings as a conspiracy about social issues.

It is not at all obvious, in fact it is nonsense. There is no reason to think this is anything else than a social issue. But when you have no other arguments, I guess the R-word is the easiest way to demonise the opponent. Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Another racist thread...dang..do you stormfront idiots never get tired of trying to invade ATS.

You point out all the minority crimes and conveniently leave out all the white crime....typical racist BS.
edit on 30-3-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

Mate, try getting your facts right.

Go to that local newspaper and find for me the similar crimes committed by white English people - there aren't any.

This is why I posted this, I was gobsmacked that the top 6 stories were all really bad crimes, and all committed by Asians of 1 particular social group.

So no, I haven't "conveniently left out white crime" there simply wasn't any raping of underage girls or mentally ill women or joining of terrorist camps by white English people.

It's people like you that are the racists, those who refuse to look at, consider, or even acknowledge FACTS, and bang everyone else over the head for saying things that they don't agree with for no other reason than skin colour.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Dont be so quick to judge.

I'd have thought the matter of my post showed that I have not been quick to judge. In fact, I have been on both sides of this situation, and in more than one country at that.

What if there is some minority that does not have these issues associated with them (whether real or percieved), is the reaction still negative? For example east Asians. I cannot speak for the UK, but over here they are viewed mostly positively, even as a role model for native Slovaks, despite being immigrants.

I believe the reaction is instinctively negative, though modifiable or reversible (as I said earlier). Generally, if a minority is quite small and assimilative the problems are minimised. Consider, for example, the experience of French Huguenots in England, who often excited similar admiration, among some English folk at least.

I dont think the reason is biological, I think it is mostly rooted in whether the immigrants are percieved as good for native society or not.

Native societies rely on native resources, and the sharing-out of these is instinctively regarded as a zero-sum game. The early books of the Old Testament give a good account of what usually happened between 'immigrants' and 'natives' in primitive times. The story has been the same the whole world over, for most of history.

Native populations have good reason to hate and fear foreigners—none more so, incidentally, than those who had to put up with European 'immigration' into their countries between the fifteenth and nineteenth centuries. No Western society has experienced impacts from immigration anything like as shattering as that was. So...

the backlash is not only to be expected, it even makes sense.

Indeed it does, in Darwinian or Malthusian terms. But civilised folk try to transcend such reactions.

link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Buddy all I would say to that is come home and see for yourself what the United Kingdom has degenerate into!

link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Here is a poetic description of the Town Keighley...

Keighley ‘The GateWay to Borstal’ is situated about 10 miles north of Bradford in West Yorkshire. With its beautiful 60′s landmark shopping centre and dire atmosphere of oppression and violence, who can fail to be charmed by the carefree dancing of chip-bags being tossed around the bus station

...a description of the ethics of the town in general...

This place has the ethics ‘its ok to buy boxed stolen goods as they come from factorys’ and its not ok to swear in front of women but ok to get full of stella and beat them.

.....an observation on Racial migration in the town....

One of the scariest things about keighleyis that you cannot tell when the gypo’s have moved into town, as they blend seemlessly into the chavettes pushing their car boot prams about town between New Look and the bus station, except for the obvious lack of common Bradford/kweighley accent.

All taken from various descriptions of Keighley on this site

Here are crime statistics from Feb 2013

I think chav-culture and social impovrishment has more to to with this than anything else.

My opinion is,

A lot of the things that people in Keighley think it's ok to do to other people, is.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Well in my area the refugees are mainly Bulgarian/Romanian gypsies or from Somalia. 10 years ago Govanhill was composed of Muslim, Christian, and Indian people who generally lived together harmoniously and with the best intensions toward one another. Not so these days!
edit on 30-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

Here is a poetic description of the Town Keighley...

Keighley ‘The GateWay to Borstal’ is situated about 10 miles north of Bradford in West Yorkshire. With its beautiful 60′s landmark shopping centre and dire atmosphere of oppression and violence, who can fail to be charmed by the carefree dancing of chip-bags being tossed around the bus station

...a description of the ethics of the town in general...

This place has the ethics ‘its ok to buy boxed stolen goods as they come from factorys’ and its not ok to swear in front of women but ok to get full of stella and beat them.

.....an observation on Racial migration in the town....

One of the scariest things about keighleyis that you cannot tell when the gypo’s have moved into town, as they blend seemlessly into the chavettes pushing their car boot prams about town between New Look and the bus station, except for the obvious lack of common Bradford/kweighley accent.

All taken from various descriptions of Keighley on this site

Here are crime statistics from Feb 2013

I think chav-culture and social impovrishment has more to to with this than anything else.

My opinion is,

A lot of the things that people in Keighley think it's ok to do to other people, is.

And that is helpful how?

You can find similarly disparaging comments about any town in the Uk, all you are doing is being deeply offensive to people because of no other reason than where they were born - ooh that sounds a bit like racism doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Indeed it does, in Darwinian or Malthusian terms. But civilised folk try to transcend such reactions.

Civilised folks dont do so unquestionably, because there is nothing civilised about ignoring these terms. In fact, Id call it stupid. Instinct is there for a reason, and it can be rational to follow it sometimes, such as when the immigrants are problematic. Which is often the case because people want to move from worse to better, thats why the biggest fluxes of immigrants, at least in modern times, do follow this pattern, and in doing so they tend to bring their problems with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Anusuia

Well in my area the refugees are mainly Bulgarian/Romanian gypsies or from Somalia. 10 years ago Govanhill was composed of mainly Muslim, Christian, and Indian people who generally lived together harmoniously and with the best intensions toward one another. Not so these days!
Wow ..those guys are kinda a heavy duty mob . I see your problem you have .
Yes the Muslims and Indians have been long established there in ye olde england Scotland and usually get along with everyone else .
Australia too is being hit by the Africans and i wonder how that will turn out .
I did experience first hand once , living in Brisbane next to a night life area . The africans would congregate outside our little house drunk and crying and bashing the house . We had to move out back to the bush .

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
ATS is not the place to have a serious discussion on Immigration. All you have to do is look at other threads that have been created on the subject.

Just like in public, if you bring up the issue of Immigration your immediately shut down and branded a Racist or your told you belong to the BNP, NF or these days UKIP. Its like challenging a Scientologist on Scientology, they go into this automatic slur mode. Anyway....

I have my opinion on the issue. Which i believe people from the UK and others are starting to see and talk about. People are seeing talking and reading facts now.

The Repercussions are no longer been hidden and whispered about.

The Reality of the situation is in Bloom.

Tsom87

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

There is a group of 10-15 of them chanting who knows what and flinging bottles at the local garage right outside my window now buddy!

Its early yet, at least they have not set fire to anything today!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This thread prompted me to ask the question of a member of my family, who is a Police Inspector. I asked her "why are there more ethnic minorities in prison?" She looked at me as if I was stupid and replied simply "because they are the ones committing the crimes" So there you have it- from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Was a pretty stupid question when you think about it.

A good example of immigrants is the Chinese. They integrate seamlessly into our society & don't ask for any special laws or exemptions, unlike many other ethnicities

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Keighley man, 48, awaits long jail term for sex abuse of two girls

Haworth man filmed colleagues on toilet

Prime Minister speaks out about sexual grooming during visit to Keighley

Haworth army veteran is jailed for killing wife

Just a few during the month...didn't even include the swordsman. Your stories are just cherry picking in an attempt to show how bad immigrants are. Maybe some are...but your attempt to make them all bad..is racist.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
OK Im going to do a plain reply addressing the issue of racist name calling .
So far I have not seen any derogatory language about a race .
There is a lot of concern about the crime problem arising with this new mass movement across continents and do all these people really need to be mass migrating across 1000s of miles if they dont respect the land and culture they are going to join..
Do people in general need to really mass migrate . If we do need to then the whole world needs to have open boarders . That will make it a lot easier and less expensive .
A world without boarders. Im all for it .

Back to being able to express oneself freely . Im holland the people speak their minds . They dont fear that they will be labelled a certain whatever , just because they spoke how they felt about the other.
This is tough on people who always keep a stiff upper lip and repress themselves out of fear .
I think the Dutch model is a good one . Poor people are totally swamped there as well. . As humans that want to not offend others then we need to blend into a new society that we gate crash our way into.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeBee

"This thread prompted me to ask the question of a member of my family, who is a Police Inspector."

Please can you ask her why 30-40 immigrants chanting and urinating everywhere seems to be ok with the Police but 3-5 White youths congregating/loitering can be considered to be mobbing and rioting?

Just wondering because it seems rather a double standard to me, one might even interpret it as racism by the Police against the indigenous population IMHO!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When 'Truths' can only be spoken in dark corners it is not long before everyone, no matter how high and mighty, is in Big Trouble!
The safety valve of Free Speech disappears and the Truth costs a hefty price.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by GeeBee

"This thread prompted me to ask the question of a member of my family, who is a Police Inspector."

Please can you ask her why 30-40 immigrants chanting and urinating everywhere seems to be ok with the Police but 3-5 White youths congregating/loitering can be considered to be mobbing and rioting?

Just wondering because it seems rather a double standard to me, one might even interpret it as racism by the Police against the indigenous population IMHO!

I'll ask next time I see her, but I think you know the answer as well as I do.....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

OMG lol..no fires yet . Sounds bloody awfull. Sounds like what we put up with. ...We would huddle in the house hoping the walls wouldn't give way . Get on the phone to the police to break it up. I hate calling police , but sometime you just have too.
They said they faced this problem alot from the Somali communty of males . That was the first time I heard the country of origin ever mentioned.
I diod the understanding thing ofcourse of how hard it must be for them having grown up with killings as children , all around them

:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Your stories are just cherry picking

So are yours.

To make any real conclusions with respect to immigration and crime, the data should not be anecdotal and should be in terms of per-capita crime rate.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

And that is helpful how? You can find similarly disparaging comments about any town in the Uk, all you are doing is being deeply offensive to people because of no other reason than where they were born - ooh that sounds a bit like racism doesn't it?

Oh no

I didn't want to be offensive.

I did not make any disparaging remarks about Keighley!

I looked up crime stats and comments from people writing about the town.

I am offended that you didn't notice my

"Ex-text Quotes, also known as off site content"

Please do not try to brand me a rascist, you will fail.

All I said about Keighly was

and

My opinion is,

But yeah, you are right, I could say that about any town In the UK, Including my own.

How does that make me a rascist?

The only people I don't like are people who take other peoples Human Rights away.

If you feel offended by my post, may I kindly direct you to This Article

edit on 30/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Art is reason enough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join