It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama moves to 'shame' Congress into approving gun control package

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

President Obama moved Thursday to put the muscle of the White House and his network of supporters behind a gun control package tracking toward the Senate floor, calling on voters to pressure Congress into backing it as the proposal runs into resistance on Capitol Hill. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So even tho some folks thought it was over truth is it is never over.

"Less than 100 days ago that happened. ... Shame on us if we've forgotten," Obama said. "I haven't forgotten those kids. Shame on us if we've forgotten.

Shame on Obama because in other news a report was released today but that topic has become taboo because people can't have an adult conversation on that.

Google: 70 round shotgun magazine to see what I am talking about.

Obama, accusing opponents of drumming up "fear," urged supporters to call members of Congress and pressure them into backing the package

Only person I see using fear are those who say, "it's for the children", and invoke their memories to pass draconian gun laws that do nothing.

What say you ATS?

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They (progressives) can't bring forth an honest, common sense basis for gun control.

They just can't.

They have to rely on hyperbole, rhetoric, straw man arguments, fear, threats, bribes to get their draconian laws passed.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

His words, "If we can save "ONE" child from getting killed, is it not our responsibilities to do something to prevent it?"!

As I heard those words all I could think of, if that is the case, why not have an armed guard then??? Why advertise a "GUN FREE ZONE"?

OH NO!!! We have to push our agenda that we have been sitting on for years!

He is a liar, and doing nothing more than dancing on the graves of the kids that were killed for a political agenda!

He should be ashamed, but then again, the man has no shame!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Its pretty sad that he would have to try these tactics. If the american people wanted this to go through it would go through without a problem. Since the american people dont want this to go through they have to resort to petty tactics to try and circumvent the people all together.

They just dont want the plebs to have guns when shtf.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama moves to 'shame' Congress into approving gun control package

An old political ploy; when you can't get what you want, you try and make those who don't march to your drumbeat look bad in the public's eye.

Of course, it could simply be a diversionary tactic to keep congress and the electorate focused on what is now almost a moribund subject. The world is still hightailing it to hell in a handbasket and those with a grip on the handlebars don't seem to have much talent for changing course.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If this actually would make us safer, then they would have a case. However, the statistics and data all shows that gun control does not work and will not make us safer. Obama knows this, his administration knows this. This is about an agenda, not safety. Given that, this must make one question Obama and his character to so boldly lie and deceive the nation.

Obama says we have to do everything we can to save just one life, just one child...unless it's with a drone and a bomb.

Oh, they care about the children, right? These people are a JOKE

We have to save kids and do everything we can, but MURDERING 500,000 is all good! It's an old video, but it paints a good picture of the psychotic ideology of those in power. They don't care about human life, let's get serious.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Meh.....Mr. Obama can use his "those poor children" line all he wants to- it's not working anymore. People are getting hip to his tactics and aren't rolling over for them anymore. It's a shame they couldn't have snapped to his agenda before they supported him in the election.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Lead by example Obama, disarm your bodyguards first then we can talk maybe.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The next gun control psy-op should begin in three, two, one....Tonight's episode sponsored by The Rockefeller Foundation of Eugenics. Film at eleven.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

His words, "If we can save "ONE" child from getting killed, is it not our responsibilities to do something to prevent it?"!

How many kids has this man killed with drones since he has been in office?

What a hypocrite.

Edit: I see someone beat me to the drones, but, still.

How can you kill all of these kids here and there with your remote controlled planes, and then keep a straight face while saying 'if we can save one child we have a responsibility'?
edit on 28-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You really cannot "shame" congress. If they were vulnerable to shame at all, none of them (with the possible exception of Ron Paul perhaps) would be able to live with themselves. Its easier than shame to make congress do what you want. Just pay them.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Someone without shame or scruples who demands these of others,what a sociopathic tendency.
If you agree with this guy you are part of a large pool of useful idiots.
Proceed to fail if you wish.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how they can justify taking arms away from the very people that are supposed to have them, as opposed to federal government agents/military and justifying it with a handful of deaths. They still haven't accounted for the government-caused, unjustified deaths of Waco, Kent State, Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Guatemala, Iran, Chile, Dominican Republic, Korea, Indonesia, etc. I dare say that unjustified deaths caused by our federal government in the past 100 years totals in the same range as those of Stalin and Hiltler combined.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Only person I see using fear are those who say, "it's for the children", and invoke their memories to pass draconian gun laws that do nothing.

Originally posted by seeker1963
He is a liar, and doing nothing more than dancing on the graves of the kids that were killed for a political agenda!

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Its pretty sad that he would have to try these tactics.

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart

Originally posted by littled16
Meh.....Mr. Obama can use his "those poor children" line all he wants to- it's not working anymore.

Seems like people are catching on...

I still have hope that this ass hat will go down as the worst POTUS in history - but realistically his platinum plated race card guarantees him at least honorable mention as the "First Black POTUS".
I think 20 years from now (if there are still history books and a United States rather than rock paintings in caves) that will be the line most used to describe his 8 years.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by seeker1963

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Its pretty sad that he would have to try these tactics.

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart

Originally posted by littled16
Meh.....Mr. Obama can use his "those poor children" line all he wants to- it's not working anymore.

Seems like people are catching on...

I still have hope that this ass hat will go down as the worst POTUS in history - but realistically his platinum plated race card guarantees him at least honorable mention as the "First Black POTUS".
I think 20 years from now (if there are still history books and a United States rather than rock paintings in caves) that will be the line most used to describe his 8 years.

Its funny how TPTB are using lessons from the past and yet the people fall for them still. It started with the down fall of the classrooms. The people can no longer think for themself and must be told how to think otherwise there lost. Im fearful in the direction this country is heading.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is now so painfully clear at this point that Obama came into office with a set
of things he was going to accomplish, all of which lead to destruction of freedom.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Freedom and justice cannot be parceled out in pieces to suit political convenience. I don't believe you can stand for freedom for one group of people and deny it to others. Coretta Scott King

www.brainyquote.com...

Can't argue freedom is the most precious thing we have in this country shame far too many people cast it off like last months iphone.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This is true, so many people are decieved into thinking that they can gain
more freedom by taking it away from others.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What say you ATS?

Can't speak for the entire community certainly, but I say you hit the nail on the head with this ^.

My two cents, for what those are worth.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"Less than 100 days ago that happened. ... Shame on us if we've forgotten," Obama said. "I haven't forgotten those kids. Shame on us if we've forgotten.

Regardless of one's political ideology or "team" of choice, statements like this should really piss you off!

To use the death of children to push an agenda is just scummy and it gets my blood boiling!

Bad form, Mr. President.....bad form.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join