It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was thinking about Antarctica briefly, and a few things came to my mind..

Of course, since most of Antarctica is covered in around 20 miles thick of ice, there has been really no way to excavate the land's past. Do you think that it is possible that underneath Antarctica's 20 miles thick ice, that there lay evidence of a lost civilization? Even if there is no evidence of a lost civilization, there must be other amazing archaeological remains, such as the fossils of perhaps extinct animals, perhaps dinosaurs and so on..

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think that there is lots of evidence if you do some research - you will find lots of strange anomalies down there apart from the many questions they raise!

You have lots of reading to do? Enjoy - it's a fascinating topic.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

There is all kinds of stuff.
To much for me to go into,but here is a good start.

www.nsf.gov...

Enjoy!

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There is a lot of magnetic anomalies as well as there being strange orbs and what not floating around...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
you will find haunbebus... a lot of haunebus...
no just kidding. would be interesting though. let's grab some heat guns

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Like what? What stuff is there?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
reply to post by kdog1982

Like what? What stuff is there?

Sorry,thought would click on the link to find out,but I guess not.

In December 2003, against incredible odds, researchers working in separate sites, thousands of miles apart in Antarctica found what they believe are the fossilized remains of two species of dinosaurs previously unknown to science. One of the two finds, which were made less than a week apart, is an early carnivore that would have lived many millions of years after the other, a plant-eating beast, roamed the Earth. One was found at the sea bottom, the other on a mountaintop. Working on James Ross Island off the coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, veteran dinosaur hunters Judd Case, James Martin and their research team believe they have found the fossilized bones of an entirely new species of carnivorous dinosaur related to the enormous meat-eating tyrannosaurs and the equally voracious, but smaller and swifter, velociraptors that terrified movie-goers in the film "Jurassic Park."

www.nsf.gov...

Map is showing the Antarctic circle and the continent of Antarctica with a land area of 14 million km² (280,000 km² ice-free, 13.72 million km² ice-covered), so Antarctica is almost twice the size of Australia (7,617,930 km²), it is the world's fifth-largest continent in area, after Asia, Africa, North America, and South America (see the Americas). Not quite in the center of Antarctica is the South Pole, by convention it is the southernmost point on the surface of the Earth (wherever you would go from here you would go north, somehow). The South Pole is also one of the endpoints of Earth's rotation axis. The South Pole is not really a fixed point, simply because Earth is rotating slightly off-center, our planet 'wobbles' a tiny little bit, scientists call this behavior the Polar motion, it is the movement of Earth's rotational axis across its 'surface', and - the deflection is just a few meters.

www.nationsonline.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There is a pyramid I found in photos from Operation High Jump.

And a city too

Antarctica

Stalingrad for comparison.

Happy Easter, enjoy

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i love antarctica, its one of the reasons i want to get a degree in ancient history, but there are so many anomalies and stories going from admiral daniel e bird to the magnetic anomolie in one of the ends of lake vostok, from doing a little research myself, i came across this site that speaks of antarctica like it was a family getaway, it even goes to name a bunch of cities and native animals like it was a real place. i couldnt find anything that said it was fiction though, actually i lied its complete fiction just checked the site more thoroughly heres the link though, www.ralphrobertmoore.com/arc-cities.htmlq,
theres a chance it wont work though cause im on a mobile, besides that theres sooo much on antarctica not to mention its covered in conspiracies. all i can say is do some reading, youll learn all too well antarctica is a very interesting place despite what mainstream media would have you believe. good luck on your reading though.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
There is a pyramid I found in photos from Operation High Jump.

And a city too

Antarctica

Happy Easter, enjoy

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. Wait. That pyramid in the picture above is in Antarctica?!?! What?! I'm confused, lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Of course, since most of Antarctica is covered in around 20 miles thick of ice, there has been really no way to excavate the land's past.

Do you think that it is possible that underneath Antarctica's 20 miles thick ice, that there lay evidence of a lost civilization?

where do you find that the ice sheet in Antarctica is 20 miles thick?

if that were so there would not be any mountain peaks on any horizon of the continent ... as the tallest mountains on the planet are under 6 miles high

as for strange life forms... the lakes under the ice have some strange microbes in them as discovered a few weeks ago

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Considering that Antartica was the realm of E.A./En.ki, there could be hidden pyramids? He got control of the lower world, including Antarctica. His portion of the Earth is mostly water. This is why he was also known as Poseidon the El of Seas. It was most likely settled long ago, before ice developed there.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No no, sugar. Those are the Giza pyramids. Presumably the pic was being used as a comparison for the shape and shadow affect of the proposed Antarctic pyramid shown in the post above the one you're asking about.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fimbulvetr

No no, sugar. Those are the Giza pyramids. Presumably the pic was being used as a comparison for the shape and shadow affect of the proposed Antarctic pyramid shown in the post above the one you're asking about.

Yeah, that's what I thought, which was why I was confused. They didn't say that it was being compared to that and until just now I didn't even see the third pyramid, the Menkuare pyramid, as it's faint and in the corner. I was more or less astounded in my wonder to see if the person was actually trying to play off the pyramids of giza as pyramids in antarctica or something, sugar.
edit on 28-3-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Graham Hancock has a great book dealing with Antartica in great detail actually. I'm sorry I forget the name of the book as i'm at work but I can remember what the cover looks like LOL~

The U.S military has performed several surveys and readings of what could be under the ice and that's a whole other story in itself.... When I get home I will double check thename of the book.

Actually the theader Smyleegyrl posted a Ancients Maps thread and that Peri Reis Map however you spell it is in the book itself and talked about in greater detail.

Sorry i'm rusty but I've read a lot of his books and found them very informing.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Of course, since most of Antarctica is covered in around 20 miles thick of ice, there has been really no way to excavate the land's past.

Do you think that it is possible that underneath Antarctica's 20 miles thick ice, that there lay evidence of a lost civilization?

where do you find that the ice sheet in Antarctica is 20 miles thick?

if that were so there would not be any mountain peaks on any horizon of the continent ... as the tallest mountains on the planet are under 6 miles high

as for strange life forms... the lakes under the ice have some strange microbes in them as discovered a few weeks ago

Thanks for pointing that out, I just saw my typo. I meant 2 miles thick.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Could you provide the link to the website having the photo of the "pyramids" in Antarctica, which you have posted above???

Anyone who is familiar with the Pyramids of Egypt can see that the 3 Pyramids shown in the picture as in Antarctica is actually the 3 pyramids of Egypt.

Here is the snapshot from Google Earth Pro

Now, how come you are posting the Photo of the Pyramids of Egypt, saying they were found in Antarctica?

and now, for a Geological Timescale of Antarctica, please have a read at

Antarctica Geological Timeline - A history of the land of Antarctica

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amsterdamn87

just fyi, studying a degree in ancient history will cover things like Mesopotamia, Classical Greece, Egypt and so forth, ie: the earlier stages of recorded history - many universities also require you to learn Ancient Greek (as in the language) while studying too or a similar language invaluable for primary source study... you will also learn lots of very useful research/analysis skills and broaden your horizons

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh come on you people

It is obvious the last pic of the pyramids is from Giza and I added it for comparison
Jeeez

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Here is the link to the Australian Antarctic Data Centre where you will find original photos from
Operation High Jump. The photos are on this database as alot of Operation High Jump was in
Australian territory.
data.aad.gov.au...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join