It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had ANY suicidal thoughts? Open discussion for all.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

u mean something else after we,ve gone?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtisticOne
I have suicidal thoughts a lot.

I hate this society we have to live in today. It sucks.

It is sooo difficult in so many ways.

I have always felt I belonged to a different time than in this one; ever since I was very young. I have never really liked living in this time.

I go on because I am determined, and was born with a lot of perserverance.

But, I really don't like it here that much.

I will be glad when it is over and I can rest ....

I headlined those because I think there will be agreement there. I can echo those thoughts.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

i believe it's because we've hit a generation that has lost nearly all connection to meaningful, deep, spiritual communication with itself.

So very true!

because everything i did felt so hollow and unjustified. i knew i had to go to work, but nobody told me what i was working for.. there was no goal, seemingly no direction, and no unity, just an evergrowing population of hostile chimps devouring a planet and fighting over bananas..

You given the cause for a global increase in suicide very succinctly.

link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Please be careful every one.

A yes answer in this thread could be used against you by THEM.

You could lose your firearms, freedom, ability to have large sodas or anything really.

Consider.

Great topic. OP, wrong question. Perhaps have the Mods tear this one a new AH and start a general discussion with a safety warning.

P
Paranoia will destroy ya'

Really?

Who really cares??

Thousands of people commit suicide on a daily basis in this country alone.

You don't think a lot of those people sent up a "red flag" to someone before they ...did it?

"THEY" don't care.

In fact, the more that 'do it" will decrease the amount needed for retirement monies

this is what someone is thinking you can be sure.

In fact , I contacted social security a few years back to see what year my early retirement kicked in.

The social security representative actually congratulated me on making it to my current age!!!

Yep ; truth.

I had a friend who went to seek out some help with their suicidal thoughts and get some help (after many friends urged the person to get help).

Well, the therapist told the person they could not really help them as they don't

WORK with their age group!!!

Can you believe it??

Don't be so paranoid.

link   
reply to post by Druid42

There were a lot of factors that I would say "brought me back". My family was on my mind, I couldn't even imagine how devistated they would be if I left them. Ironically I met my current girlfriend almost a year later. Just recently her brother got into a fight with his girlfriend (no one knows for sure what other issues were haunting him), but he is no longer with us.

This happened about 6 months ago, yet the mother still wakes up in tears. She will never be the same. Not a day goes by that my girlfriend doesn't bring it up. If you take the "easy way out", you leave behind a TON of hurt.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

its down to the family round you that stops you,family is the greater power.

So true. Family, Loved Ones, Children.

It's more about Love. Your Love of your Family overrides any dark thoughts.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I had suicidal thoughts (as well as any other thoughts imaginable) for a few days once. My doctor prescribed me some medication and within a day or two of starting to take it I went (forgive the terminology but there's no better way to describe it) completely bat# crazy. I was a completely different person for a short time, and suicidal thoughts were definitely among the gamut of thoughts and emotions I experienced. Fortunately I knew something was severely wrong and my husband definitely knew I was not myself. He flushed the medicine and dialed the number for me to call my doctor- whom I explained what was happening to. Within a few days I was back to my normal self, but I will never, ever forget the hopelessness and emptiness that I felt for that time- and I never want to feel that way again.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtisticOne

I work in health care and the diagnosis of depression is exploding.

Because people are unhappy. There's no therapy to be happy in a clinical setting, just a prescription for pills that alters your mood, IF you have Health Insurance.

Untreated depression leads to suicide. Sometimes the victim of depression recovers, but the statistics really show a problem.

link   
I have had suicidal thoughts plenty of times before, interestingly to me, none of the reasons had anything to do with being in a sexual relationship or lack thereof. To be quite honest, I'm not sure I understand that kind of love.
Personally I don't like the idea of geting any consolation in thinking that other people are more miserable than I.

link   
In my addictions; suicide was a daily option.

But I was saved by an angel!!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

You are a 45 year old white female, just by your post. The least likely to commit suicide. Your attitude is commendable, but you fit into a profile. Disturbing? ARRGGH!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

of course it does,my mum lost my dad to cancer in 2001 and i know no matter how bad my life was i could never contemplate taking my own life for the fact i know how devastated she would be and shes had enough heartache

not saying that people that have don,t care cause obviously we don,t know circumstances but myself i couldn,t put my family through it

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

You could lose your firearms, freedom, ability to have large sodas or anything really.

And?

Is that any different from the course of reality in this modern day and age? One way or another, right?

(Oh, forbid we force the issue, they don't need that!)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbeefy

but he is no longer with us.

Easy way out.

This happened about 6 months ago

It takes time....

Not a day goes by that my girlfriend doesn't bring it up.

......to heal.

Be patient. Remember what love is. Give her time to recover. It may take years, but if you love her, you will love her all the way.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbeefy
This happened about 6 months ago, yet the mother still wakes up in tears. She will never be the same. Not a day goes by that my girlfriend doesn't bring it up. If you take the "easy way out", you leave behind a TON of hurt.

This is why suicide is ALWAYS the worst possible thing a person can do.

Not only for the victim but for the family as well.

Angie Fenimore's experience makes this so clear:

“Tell her that if she decides to go through with the taking of her life, there are eternal consequences that she will have to deal with for the rest of her eternal life. The PAIN that she will cause her daughter and immediate family members will be severe and permanent!

"Angie Fenimore, a wife and mother haunted by abuse in childhood and overwhelmed by despair, was in a desperate state of mind. On January 8, 1991, she committed suicide, hoping to escape her sense of emptiness and suffering. But clinical death didn't draw her to the light seen in so many near-death experiences."

"Then I heard a voice of awesome power, not loud but crashing over me like a booming wave of sound; a voice that encompassed such ferocious anger that with one word it could destroy the universe, and that also encompassed such potent and unwavering love that, like the sun, it could coax life from the earth. I cowered at its force and at its excruciating words:

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

And I'd felt trapped. I had been able to see no other choice but to die before I could do any more damage in life.

So I answered: "But my life is so hard."

My thoughts were communicated so fast that they weren't even completed before I absorbed his response:

"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding."

Angie Fenimores NDE Story of Suicide
www.bibleprobe.com...

Angie Fenimore - near-death experiences
www.near-death.com...

Angie Fenimore suicide
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

AH, but yours was a medicinally induced flip off the deep end.

I am so glad you got off those meds.

But you bring up a good point.

How many medicines do we take for "whatever" control our metabolism once they are in our system?

How much does big pharm really care about our individual well-being? Push pills, publish side-effects, but hecky-yah, we're making a profit.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by snowspirit

You are a 45 year old white female, just by your post. The least likely to commit suicide. Your attitude is commendable, but you fit into a profile. Disturbing? ARRGGH!

Was it the alcohol and that which won't be mentioned that gave it away?
You profiled me quite well. Not exact, but very, very close
I'm a tiny bit older, but I stopped aging a while ago

I've always had that same attitude though, even when I was in my teens.
I can always find the precious things in life, no matter how sad my moment ever was, and I've always been able to find the means to get uplifted.

I think it helps to not be American, I've been watching the US go from a good country, to one with a prescription problem, a bad economy, failing infrastructure, social chaos.....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Provoke early reincarnation!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

All I have to say is that you woke up with a pulse today. You've posted your thoughts.

Tomorrow is yet another day.....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Interesting OP and I will follow this thread. Also an important topic for many I suspect.

Even with the warning I am compelled to post a reply.

I have spent most of my life depressed, seems it runs in the family. Two cousins and an aunt actually committed suicide. I had a difficult childhood and marriage but refused to give up...determined my kids wouldn't live in a broken home and that no matter what I could take it. I divorced in my late 50's.

I have always known I would never do it but when I was in my early 60's I got so close I called a suicide hotline. An irritated (counselor?) reprimanded me for not taking meds. One psychiatrist I visited (never got to the psychiatrist) assistant refused to let me see him because I wasn't taking meds.

Thing is, meds don't help a situational problem, which this was. I had been on 5 different meds with no results so what was the point?

I live in a low depressive state now eight years past the event that started it.

Funny thing to me...I was doing genealogy for a while and felt an overwhelming interest/identification with a great great grandmother. Later I learned from family that she was committed to an institution sometime after her husband left her. She later died there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join