It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had ANY suicidal thoughts? Open discussion for all.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

You fell in love?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Just to add the reason I tried it was not because my Brother died It was the fact I would never see him again, completly selfish I wasn't thinking about him and how he died just me me me. But I suppose that is grief even that is a selfish thing I suppose because you only think how it is effecting you and not the person who died.
But I dunno had a couple tonight and I can't believe I just wrote on this thread.
Cheers Druid probely helped this

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I can always find the precious things in life, no matter how sad my moment ever was, and I've always been able to find the means to get uplifted.

Your attitude is commendable. Much like my own. There is nothing in life that can't be solved by simply enjoying life. Watch a sunrise. Gaze at the stars. Listen to a babbling brook. If not, miss out on the most precious things in life.....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by ArtisticOne

I work in health care and the diagnosis of depression is exploding.

Because people are unhappy. There's no therapy to be happy in a clinical setting, just a prescription for pills that alters your mood, IF you have Health Insurance.

Untreated depression leads to suicide. Sometimes the victim of depression recovers, but the statistics really show a problem.
Yes! You are exactly right.
Anytime someone goes to a therapist now a days,
all they can expect is for the therapist to prescribe a pill and send them on their 'merry' way until the next
'exam" time.

Therapy today it NOT about working to find strategy and learn new ways to look at things but just be given pills and it those pills don't work, they prescribe more types of pills.
Our modern day 'health care' has so many varieties of pills for each "ailment".

Therapy is just for pill distribution

How can people be truly happy in this society??
Many work dead end , boring jobs they hate and on top of this are treated like yesterday's trash while working in these jobs.
Our 'modern society' is NOT about being healthy or caring about healthy employees.
It is just about the 'bottom line'
the

holy dollar bill.

There are so many jobs today that frown on allowing their employees to take any amount of time off. They give them a hard time and even threaten their jobs if the do take a vacation.

Yes, We live in a very unhappy dysfunctional society but yet

so many are also in denial about how really f'd up things really are...

It is easier to talk about what happened on 'american idol' than to discuss the REAL issues that matter.

The rag mags in all the grocery stores are a proof of this.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a nasty boss that isn't about to get help for her nasty dysfunctional weird personality.

BUT she can go FIX her nails on a weekly basis and make certain her finger nails look

spectacular!!

Just an example of our messed up society and it's neurotic denials...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
**Thread Closed**

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Sun Mar 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join