It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE DEVIL VISTED A FORMER FRIEND

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
While attending Lutheran high school, I had met what would become a very close (now former) friend. As we started to gauge one another’s likes and dislikes we both realized we had a curiosity for the unexplained, the paranormal, and ghost hunting. Now, this was before Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures and any other cheesy show which clutters the TV airwaves. We would gather all the information we could from the web, (1997) which at that time there were maybe a few dozen or so websites (Shadow Lands was the most impressive at that time) and books. As we learned what to do on a ghost hunt, we gathered our equipment (basically a recorder and mini vhs camcorder) and headed out to some of the most reported haunted cemeteries in Colorado.
We captured swirling lights, and faint, and I mean very faint audible sounds which I do not think could pass for a decent EVP? None the less, unpleased with our efforts he suggested we should try the Ouija Board. Now, I was raised Christian, and although my mom warned me that going out there looking for ghosts in cemeteries could open yourself up to more than what you bargain for, trying the Ouija Board should be out of the question. I never told her till years later that we ended up trying it out on more than one occasion, but what would ensue certainly got the attention of me and everyone in my family.
His mom was pretty well to do, and her house was enormous, with plenty of ornate antiques, one which was an Artophone Antique Phonograph. His step dad had found it in an old home he purchased and was renovating. He told me the phonograph would play on it’s on (if your familiar with a phonograph it takes some hard turning on the crank to get it going) as well as hearing children’s voices coming from the slots (essentially the speakers). His mom welcomed the spirits, and tried communicating with them through the Ouija board. She was convinced her communication was with only “good spirits”. One night she invited me over to play to try it out with them. Asking general questions such as “who are we talking with”, or “how is it on the other side” things started to get really interesting.
I’m Hispanic, and this Ouija Board picked up on that quickly. When she asked it what my name was, it said I was a “Bean”, NOT BEN, but a ‘Bean” (which I’m guessing it meant Beaner). I don’t mean to offend anyone if you guys get hurt off of racial comments, but this is true. She asked it who I had a crush on at our school and it said “Ann” (the girl I had a crush on was named Anna). It said I had dark complicated skin, and that I was a fat guy (at the time I played football and weighed 320). Traumatized by this, I vowed to never try this again, only allowing my curisiouty to get the best of me, and playing with them on multiple occasions!
Several years passed, and he moved out into a small house of his own. I went to college and lived with my mom to help her take care of my ailing grandmother. One night we get a call on our house phone at about 3:00 am. I could hear my mom in a frantic voice trying to calm down my friend. He was very close with my family and knew when it came to questions about god, or the bible my mom would help answer those questions. She came into my room and said he asked us to go over his house because he just saw the Devil. The moment that came out of her mouth my skin crawled with chills. I’m not going to lie, there is no way in hell I wanted to go, but there was no way I was going to let her go by herself either! I got up threw on some clothes and drove with her to his house. It was mid January, which in Colorado is pretty damn cold. I remember it was snowing for about an hour or so, and the scenery was something out of a horror movie, hardly a car on the streets, and a mild dusting of snow on the roads. As were pulling up to his house we saw my friend standing on the side of the street outside his house, one sock on his foot the other barefooted. He was shaking and cold. He came in the car and started crying hysterically, unable to speak. After a few minutes, he started to tell us what happened. He said he was out most of the night with his girlfriend. He told us he dropped her off at home and arrived at his house around 1 in the morning. He said he decided to go out to the back porch and have a cigarette and let his dog out to relieve herself. When he came back inside he closed and locked the door. He then immediately smelled which he described as burning matches (sulfur I’m guessing), not matches from lighting his cigarette, as he always had a Zippo lighter. He walked into his front room and said a guy was sitting on his couch. He described him as being a good looking well dressed man. My friend said he doesn’t recall it speaking to him, but the moment he seen him, he felt this feeling that whatever this was, it “had him”?? I’m guessing he meant his soul, but he said he felt this thing knew every fear, every emotion he had. My friend started yelling at it, telling him to leave or he was going to grab his gun. My friend said his dog sat right next to this man, disobeying every order he was giving. His dog which is a rotiwilier is very well trained and one of the most obedient dogs I have ever been around. He said when this man slowly looked up at him his eyes were blank, completely white, or grey; he noticed that his dogs eyes were the same as this man. He later told us he completely panicked, trying to get out of his house he found he couldn’t get out of the front door as it would not open. Every door he tried to get out of would not budge. To coeobarte his story, he told us he had to break out the window in his bedroom to get out (which we observed as well as other things which happened that night).
He had his cell phone on him and that’s when he contacted my mom and me asking to please come over. My mom pulled her car to the back alleyway of his house. Lights still on, we could tell things we out of place on the inside (from the windows of his house). After waiting in the car for about an hour and a half or so, PRAYING, asking the lord to protect us and rid this home of his of the evil inside my mom decided to go in. There was no way in hell I was going in there, and my friend agreed, he didn’t want to go back inside. Again, not wanting her to go by herself, I convinced her to wait to walk in until there was at least some light from the rising sun, and until we had gained the courage.
As I said, we could tell there were things out of place. I could not phantom why he would he would want to make something like this up. As humans I think we always carry with us some skepticisms to something that isn’t suppose to happen, but, to further confirm what he went through was real, walking through the house just solidified what he was conveying to us. Four of his cupboard doors were torn from the hinges, plates as well as dry and canned food was littering the kitchen floor, several plates broken in the place where they fell. The doors which hide his washer and dryer were also off the hinges. There was dog vomit from the Kitchen to the front room, and other areas of the house. The house felt heavy on you (it’s hard to describe) and smelt awful, like sulfur and something rotting. Trying to maintain my composer sticking right to my mom’s side, she walked around the house, praying and asking god to please cleanse this home.
I do not recall how she knew this pastor, but she contacted him in the early morning hours. TBC

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Talk about the longest introduction I've ever seen. My goodness.
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS introduction forum. I'd copy and save that huge wall of text, for your first thread, after 20 posts.

This is the place to tell us a little something about yourself. How you found ATS, why you wanted to join. That type of introduction.

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
AHhh my eyes! *rubs eyes* Quite the story! Also quite difficult to read! Perhaps after you have your 20 posts count up you can make a thread specifically for this topic...and maybe break it up a bit!

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan101

Hi...welcome to ATS!

You just joined today...this forum is for introductions only.

I suggest you copy what you have written; and save it for your first thread.

You are supposed to have 20 posts before creating a thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I know I know, sorry the story is so long. I didn't know ATS would break it up in multiple posts, and I didn't know I had to post 20 times until I could make my own thread. I have been waiting close to ten years to tell of what happened to us.

AGAIN, ISORRY!! I'm a newbie and gotta learn ATS?

Other than facebook this is the first time i've used a public forum!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan101
I know I know, sorry the story is so long. I didn't know ATS would break it up in multiple posts, and I didn't know I had to post 20 times until I could make my own thread. I have been waiting close to ten years to tell of what happened to us.

AGAIN, ISORRY!! I'm a newbie and gotta learn ATS?

Other than facebook this is the first time i've used a public forum!

I have a suggestion for you. You still have time to (edit) what you have said; save the story for your first thread; and rewrite an introduction.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan101

Hi Trajan101, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community.

Please review the link below, after which you are more than weolcome to make a new introduction thread if you wish.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Thread closed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join