It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My pc is crashing when on ATS threads with videos in posts?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My pc is crashing when on ATS threads with videos in posts?!

It started when I went to this thread: http:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again today on another music thread, anyone got any ideas. Thanks
edit on 27-3-2013 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: Fixed link

edit on 27-3-2013 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Those music video threads can be extremely resource heavy. I've got 2 gigs of RAM and they sometimes slow my machine down to a crawl.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Browser & OS you're using?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well first, define "crash"

If you are referring to the fact that, when you open that thread, your whole pc slows down and almost seems frozen, it's because people imbed about a zillion youtube videos, all of which are trying to load at once, i just went to that thread and my whole pc locked up for about 15 seconds.

If you are actually experiencing a "crash" as in, windows fails, the system halts or reboots, maybe check your flash player, and also disable hardware acceleration in your browser.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I know how you feel. I used to have the same problem with music video threads. I found adding a $13.00 memory card solved all my problems. A little more memory was all it required. It also fixed my slow loading issues overall.

Good Luck! Des

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Firefox and Windows XP
I'm using this old pc because my pc got a cooling system leak on the cpu manifold that ran down the motherboard so its in the shop hopefully getting fixed very soon and not trashed I hope

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You might call the shop where your other computer is, ask if they have a pre-owned memory card for your computer you are using now. That is where I got my new thirteen dollar card. From a repair shop. They have tons of them from used computers they take in. Fix both while you can. BTW, I'm on Firefox and Windows XP too. That little bit of extra memory, made my computer fun like a new one. All fast now. After you install the card, download the latest version of flash player.

Des

edit on 27-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

LOL this pc locked up until I could get firefox to close in about 5 minutes, whats strange is I haven't had problems that bad before but its always been slow loading. It must be all the videos loading at the same time on ats because I don't have any problems on youtube

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Before the additional memory, I used to have some problems on youtube. Buffering was a big issue...time lag.

Now, it's all hunky dory. I even watch movies on Hulu with no dragging at all.

If your shop tries to charge you more than $10.00 for a used memory card, try ebay...they have 1,000s of them listed.

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

This pc is my MOMs she don't even use it anymore because we got her a smart phone so after my pc is fixed this pc will be in storage until we give it away or something

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was actually having that problem and I have 12 gigs of RAM. It wasn't the RAM (and it was any thread anywhere with a lot of vids in it lol). Turned out that my problem was related to one of add-ons that I had for Firefox that was causing the plug-in container for Firefox to hang. Try disabling all of your add-ons and turning them back on, one at a time, to see if that corrects it. Or, alternatively, try re-installing firefox.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah, buffering takes awhile with this one to

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

That helped, now to figure out what one or ones are doing it. Thank you and thanks to all of you for helping
edit on 27-3-2013 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: still learning to spell

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
get an add on that turns you tube videos into 'place holders' or buttons instead of loading the whole deal.
that page you linked to loaded for me in 2 seconds.
if i want to watch any of them i just need to click 'em.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
reply to post by WhiteAlice

That helped, now to figure out what one or ones are doing it. Thank you and thanks to all of you for helping
edit on 27-3-2013 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: still learning to spell

Awesome!!! Good luck.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I had the same problem and was recommended to use iron chrome as a browser

after deleting cookies and installing the problem was solved

new topics

top topics

join