It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Again, I said without major collateral damage and fallout, not that there would be none.

Yes...I know what you said and I'm saying that such a statement seems absurd in light of the track record when using conventional weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why is this posted. Its obvious they won't attack US bases. This propaganda for the North Koreans and also to make the west feel threatened so we agree to waste more money on defense spending. Since there is no USSR, and the USA colloborates with Al Quaeda, N Korea is all left for now.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

A North Korean Surrender? These arn't Iraqi's we are talking about. We have an Armistice now because they won't surrender. And Yes they where backed by China before but they where smaller. Now they have a million soldiers. The word Surrender "gwisun" means to defect, they are synonyms and bring great disgrace.Surrender really isn't an option for a Korean.
If it was an Islamic fighter then sure, I'll surrender today then tomorrow I'll chop your head off...your a non-believer so it doesn't matter. Like crossing your fingers.

But a Korean....it'll be a fight. Like I said go to the DMZ and talk to a ROK, enjoy the sights.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Don't forget Iran...the other boogeyman who wants us dead...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Try the other way around,i don't see bases and a Armada of Iranian destroyers,drones surrounding the USA
edit on 26-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't see press statements saying we want to wipe them off the face of the Earth either....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Iran doesn't wipe countries/governents off the earth,the USA does...
apples and onions..
edit on 26-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yep...AFTER they invade our allies, or harbor terrorists who attacked us...you are exactly correct.

There's a lesson in there perhaps....

edit on 26-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No they just try too wipe our countries using missles and gas attacks or didn't you learn that in the public school system?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My bad, you are right. I am constantly worried that Iran is going to attack the US. Is it possible to make a direct donation for more drones so that we can catch them when they invade.

End sarcasm

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The press statements made by Obama? When have those been truthful

link   
I have my suspicions about NK. Not much info comes out of the country so for all we know, they may have developed weapon systems that are quite advanced. Admittedly though the US has got rail guns now and the guys from metal storm in australia have developed the 1million round/minute machine gun (imagine that strapped to a warthog)

Either lord dohnut eater is bluffing, suicidal or has the ability to carry out a mass attack. I wonder if he thinks he has enough nukes to destroy the US, GB and australia?

link   
Call me crazy, but I honestly doubt the U.S. would nuke them even if they fired a shoddy nuclear missile towards their mainland. For one thing any missile that they fired at the U.S. (and their best one can just barely has the range to reach the coast, nevermind that they don't even have a nuclear warhead developed that is small enough to mount on a missile) would most certainly be shot down.

The U.S. would not retaliate with a nuclear strike because they simply fired "a missile". That being said they would most certainly launch an air campaign and level every military structure NK has.

But nuking them, not going to happen. So many people think that the U.S. should nuke them just for the threats alone, that is sheer madness. Don't forget that radiation travels via air currents etc. You should not wish a nuclear device was ever detonated again, even for testing.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Blazer because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Which of our allies is worth sending having dead americans for or americans who come back with PTSD and various other problems. It worked great that we defended Iraq, south vietnam, south korea. Its easy to war monger if you don't experience any of the pain of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by intrptr

That's one of the most creative efforts I've seen since North Korea started this whole latest series of escalating tensions quite some time ago for making it the U.S.'s fault.

The bombers weren't bright and even I said so ...but to even joke like this, let alone say it's a counter move may VERY well get those bombers coming back and as far more than an exercise this time. It may even get a few bats flying over and crapping real bad days out behind them as they go.

This one isn't the US's fault without a lot more to go on than just how a well publicized and very well known exercise was handled over South Korea and International waters/air. If he got bent, well.. He needs to grow up as a world leader. Not threaten to kill people every time he gets ticked. (We already see that from others who should know better..lol)

I just wonder how far NK would get doing military excercises in the air and ocean, off the California coast.

In this instance, as in instances in previous times, once again, USA is sticking their nose into places it is not welcome.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Not to beat up on the Ignorant but it seems Persia/Iran has had quite the history of being the big bully on the block...even got a few ties to them NAZI fellows....."Gosh SGT guess their not as nice as I thought. DaHuh"

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

What in the world are you talking about. Foal Eagle has been going on FOREVER and is a standard military DEFENSE readiness exercise in ROK. We wouldn't even have to waste the money on war games if we could get those Yahoos to sign a peace treaty, which by the way use to be attempted annually ( I dont know if they still try)
Ignorance is no way to defend a cause

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IknowJack

In all fairness, in the past we screwed over the Iranians, so I totally get why they are ticked at us.

When I said they were the other boogeyman, I meant in the eyes of the American leadership, not in the eyes of the American people. To me, they are Israel's problem, not America's.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

You need to go some to another thread where you may know something. I got PTSD and I really don't like you. If you served this country I'll cut you some slack like I do that Idiot Kerry but if you havn't served then don't talk for us who have......

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wilst the ATS community moves back towards the game of Axis & Allies (I should get the dice ready) nobody know's for certain what lil Kim is actually capable of. One thing is for sure, Lil K went silent for about a week and a half before starting his hot n bothered talkie of warie again~ Prior to this he was so close to the threshold of where N.K was before and never crossed the line, nor does it seem like he's crossed any line even given the current talk of bombing U.S. bases and whatever else there missles could possibly touch.

Please don't misunderstand I enjoy reading the perspectives of what people think is going down, yet I can't help but think we are so much farther from the truth as we are the sheeple and are looking in and guestimating at best what TPTB are actually thinking and planning.

Watching the N.K events roll out is best served with a cold beer and a bag of popcorn~ Enjoy!!!

Then again what do I know for I'm just a pawn in the greater game of life/chess w/e

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join