It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead will Rise? The Fairy tales of Religion...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

These words have a spiritual meaning, yet the religions of the world have turned them into a fairy tale...

In human history there is absolutely no evidence that Anyone has ever risen from the dead...

Jesus might be the exception, and Lazarus having been raised by the son of God... but again, there is no evidence of either of these men dying and then rising from their graves aside from what is written in the bible.

There has been a lot of talk about the return of Jesus lately... Regardless of your belief on that issue, realize that Jesus did not ever say the dead will rise from their graves when he returns.

And before you Christians jump on me for that statement... also realize Revelation wasn't Jesus speaking, it was John...

The dead do not rise... Never have, never will...

Zombies do not exist.... never have, never will...

This idea of course is backed up by Paul... and by the Old testament... which are both scriptures which promote fear of the unknown...

So I ask those that read this thread....

Do you really believe the dead will rise from their graves at some point in the future?

IF that happens, I believe there will be a whole lot of frustrated zombies, stuck in their graves....

Good luck digging through a coffin and six feet of packed dirt.

Don't believe the hype people.... Zombies are fantasy... You can find them in movies, video games, and story books...

But they will never be a reality...

Or will they?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't be killing my dream! The zombie apocalypse must happen- there are many people I have been waiting to hit in the head with a cricket bat and I don't want to go to prison. I NEED the zombies to rise!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't think the bible is suposed to be taken literally. The true meanings are hidden in the symbolism and mysticism.

Dead, sleeping, the dead will rise, the sleepy will wake, would be the way I would take that statement, also the sheep and flocks could be attributed to the sleeping/dead in decoding biblical prophecy. Thinking along the lines that Christ is a level of conciousness. Not what religion teaches. Just my 2pence

edit on 25-3-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You dismissed the words of John the Revelator, because he is not Jesus, but would you also remove the words of..

Isaiah?

Isaiah 26:19
"But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise-- let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy-- your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead."

Paul?

1 Thessalonians 4:16
"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."

1 Corinthians 15:52
"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

And others..

If you're gonna deny even one part of the Bible, why study it at all? why believe in it at all?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

You dismissed the words of John the Revelator, because he is not Jesus,

NO... I dismiss the words of "john of Patmos" because he claims they are the words of Jesus...

but would you also remove the words of..

Isaiah?

Isaiah 26:19
"But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise-- let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy-- your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead."

yup... Isaiah has a lot of wisdom... but I don't believe in Fairy tales

Paul?

most definitely.... I will not trust a liar, or a murderer...

How can you?

If you're gonna deny even one part of the Bible, why study it at all? why believe in it at all?

Is this an All or nothing arguement?

The bible is NOT one book... I study 4 of them...

edit on 25-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You know...if we are talking something that even men could eventually do, I don't see why not.

A record kept of each persons DNA and eventually humans could even bring back the dead.

Now figure we might all according to scientists, be living in a computer generated universe. Now why could those gone not be brought back?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Akragon

You know...if we are talking something that even men could eventually do, I don't see why not.

A record kept of each persons DNA and eventually humans could even bring back the dead.

Now figure we might all according to scientists, be living in a computer generated universe. Now why could those gone not be brought back?

Thanks for your reply...

Im talking about dead bodies here...

It says "the dead will rise from their graves"... to which I say.. Bullshmit!

What you're talking about could be very possible in the future... but what im talking about is corpses jumping out of their graves...

It will Never happen....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Akragon

But it could if were are computer generated and the generator makes it so.

Thanks for your reply...

Im talking about dead bodies here...

It says "the dead will rise from their graves"... to which I say.. Bullshmit!

What you're talking about could be very possible in the future... but what im talking about is corpses jumping out of their graves...

It will Never happen....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The truth is, I want zombies to be real. Everyone secretly wants the zombie apocalypse to become a reality! Tell us what we want to hear, Akragon!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well...

a) God is omnipotent, so he could certainly do that if he wanted to

and

b) Most Christians don't believe that their existing body is required for resurrection, so I think you're confusing terminology. If you read Paul, he talks about putting on a body of incorruptibility, not about fixing the old one.

See The Risen Body Will Be Incorruptible, Glorious, Full of Dynamism, and Spiritual by Pope John Paul II.

The upshot, of course, is in favour of people who are concerned that being cremated (or otherwise having their physical body destroyed) would preclude one from being resurrected.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To God all people are alive.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Tell us what we want to hear, Akragon!

unfortunately my friend... I rarely post what people want to hear...

The only zombies you'll ever see will come from the media...

Unless of course a town decides to partake in bathsalts... but that can be contained

And they aren't actually zombies... Just stupid people

Sorry

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Akragon

Except the dead...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

These words have a spiritual meaning . . .
Which would be . . what?
What he was describing was something already believed in at the time by the Jews.
That was a time of judgment called The Day of the Lord.
What he was doing in the speech that you quoted was establishing himself as the agent of God, doing the part of calling to himself those who were to live past that day.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Well...

a) God is omnipotent, so he could certainly do that if he wanted to

and

b) Most Christians don't believe that their existing body is required for resurrection, so I think you're confusing terminology. If you read Paul, he talks about putting on a body of incorruptibility, not about fixing the old one.

See The Risen Body Will Be Incorruptible, Glorious, Full of Dynamism, and Spiritual by Pope John Paul II.

The upshot, of course, is in favour of people who are concerned that being cremated (or otherwise having their physical body destroyed) would preclude one from being resurrected.

Wasn't it you that said in my thread... Can you deny reincarnation exists?

Theres things that God can do, and what he won't do?

God is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Which would be . . what?

The dead are those who do not understand or haven't realized what Jesus was talking about in his ministry...

"the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life"

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Except the dead...

Yes but no one IS dead, and in God nothing is forgotten. And even though everyone has died lo and behold here we all still are! - God is the God of the living and of every generation.

edit on 25-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

. . . Paul, he talks about putting on a body of incorruptibility . . .
He said in 1 Corinthians 15:54,

. . . this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality . . .

according to the NSRV translation,
so is not describing putting on a new body.
Jesus did not leave a body in the tomb when he was resurrected.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Except the dead...

Yes but no one IS dead, and in God nothing is forgotten. And even though everyone has died lo and behold here we all still are! - God is the God of the living and of every generation.

edit on 25-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

You are confusing the spirit with the body...

The body is merely a vessel of the spirit which does not die...

The body is the physical... and everything in the physical will come to an end...

Once that end has come... it does not return to life...

edit on 25-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by adjensen

. . . Paul, he talks about putting on a body of incorruptibility . . .
He said in 1 Corinthians 15:54,

. . . this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality . . .

according to the NSRV translation,
so is not describing putting on a new body.
Jesus did not leave a body in the tomb when he was resurrected.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I said specifically Jesus may have been the exception to the rule...

Besides that, what does paul know... I wouldn't trust a word he wrote...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join