It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Underrated Shows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

sadly never got around to watching Millineum, but genuinely liked 666 park avenue did not like to see it cancelled so quickly they should've tried it on a different night. Another show I was starting to like Zero Hour, Although logically I couldn't see how he'd be searching for his wife for more than year.

Will not be watching anymore new shows prodeced by ABC no matter how good they look. If I get involved in it they are sure not to be the sheeple in this country prefer the fluff.
They depend on the sheeple for ratings.
edit on 27-3-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Mentalist,
Monk,

Comes to mind, those two shows are/were great. It was a great show to lay down on your bed watching.

reply to post by kimish

Samurai jack was freaking amazing. The artworks, the jokes, AKU!!

Fact: did you know Will.I.AM(from black eyed peas) was the singer of the intro before he got fame?
edit on 3/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Check out Nikita the premise secret government assassins go around killing people, who think they are government sanctioned but aren't.

Jericho was underated deserved more 2 seasons.

Person in Interest is good.

Falling Skies deserved more than 2 seasons.

Burn Notice cia spook who gets burned.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As others have said, I believe that Firefly was far underrated. I guess that's why they ended the series.

The thing about it though, is that one must watch a few episodes in order to get hooked. I almost stopped watching it after the first one.

Fact is, You gotta understand the characters, era and the plot. It turned out to be a very, very great show. ~$heopleNation
edit on 4-4-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The series with an episode dedicated to the ceremony of the family patriarch pushing his mother-in-law into a tarpit on her 90th birthday: Dinosaurs.

And if you're into CGI cartoon, Jane and the Dragon is a hoot.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Falling skies comes back in july, i believe. Either that or june. Its an off season show, so it only airs during the summer.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Dinosaurs. Heck yeah. Great show.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Agree, on both. Glad Revolution is back.

I was wondering if anyone else would mention it.

Edit to add, I've read that Revolution has been renewed for next fall. I hope that's correct.

edit on 4/11/2013 by saturnsrings because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2013 by saturnsrings because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Mitchell and Webb are excellent - have you seen their earlier sketch show - The Mitchell and Webb Situation?

www.youtube.com...

Just as good as the Look and imo even better

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StudentType
reply to post by skalla

Mitchell and Webb are excellent - have you seen their earlier sketch show - The Mitchell and Webb Situation?

www.youtube.com...

Just as good as the Look and imo even better

"f'ing eggs come out of their f'ing arses! f'ing hell" wewt!

my god? how on earth did i miss that?? been on peepshow since it started and this totally passed me by... many thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
No problem Skalla

If anyone else likes British comedy, another classic I just remembered is Brass Eye
www.youtube.com...
Maybe not underrated, but I don't think it made the trip across the Atlantic

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Lots of recent ones. 'Oliver Stone's Hidden History of the United States' contained very good little-publicized historical data. HBO's 'The Newsroom', no matter how high it's rated, is still underrated. 'Children's Hospital'. The old 'Ally McBeal' episodes, 'Wonder Showzen', And give me 'Pushing Daisies' 'Wonderfalls' and 'John from Cincinnatti' anytime.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
These shows are ones that I don't see a lot of press on, but that are actually can't miss shows for me....

WAREHOUSE 13 - Great cast, great concept. Basically, it is similar to some of the 80's "artifact of the week" shows, where the team tracks down some cursed object causing havok around it, to then store it in a secret warehouse. The real value here is the rapport of the characters (and they are very similar in real life, having met the guys who play Peter and Artie)

VAMPIRE DIARIES - At first, this Twilight wanna be show was pretty angsty (and typical CW teenie BS), but in later seasons, it has gone True Blood dark, and is actually pretty good. These vamps ENJOY being vampires (a departure from Twilight, and more akin to True Blood). It's basically "True Blood Lite", but I can drool over Nina Dobrev while my wife does the same over Ian Somerhaulder. (which are a couple in real life, by the way).

THE FOLLOWING - Great show, always on the edge of your seat, so far, this has been a pretty non-stop thrill ride of a show, and oddly, the movie actor (Kevin Bacon), is overshadowed by the charismatic cult leader in the show...and his creepy pixie-like concubine.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree on "Warehouse 13", quite a lot of fun (and it has H.G. Wells too!). Haven't seen the other two. And although most people here know of it, if you haven't watched "Arrested Development", ten thumbs up.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You should try and see Justin Bateman's first show (well, his own show) "It's Your Move".... 80's sitcom cheese, but his character is just downright smarmy...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am on the Farscape bandwagon all the way. That was a fantastic show.

Another one that was great, and extremely underrated was Dead Like Me. Watch the trailer below. Awesome stuff, funny, dramatic, Mandy Patinkin as Boss Grim Reaper.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

My wife loved that show.... It was regularly on one of the channels that often reruns these, and she got hooked after it was cancelled.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
1. Deadwood.. That show was incredible. I have just now discovered it.

The cast is awesome. I like most of all, Al Swearengen, Dan Daugherty and Charlie Utter.

2. Jericho.. first show that came to mind. I guess TPTB didn't want people thinking locally as they are going NWO globally.

3. Human Target

4. SGU - Stargate Ultimatum.. really thought this show was just getting started. I hope this gets redone someday, soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Derek. I thought I was going to find it offensive, but it was really touching stuff, while still being extremely funny. Laughed and cried.

The Trip, also an underrated series.
edit on 2-3-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Mentalist.
Brand X, a talk show hosted by Russell Brand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join