It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Autism Rates Amongst School-Age Children Rise to 1 in 50

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If you believe in Kryon and his teachings, the autistic child is the next evolutionary step for mankind, at the moment they seem awkward but the autistic children of the future will be more fine tuned for our 3 dimensional existence. Kryon says they are quantum thinkers, where we are linear thinkers. some of the more fine tuned people are savants. His teachings are very interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A Tinfoil theory might also suggest that the more children that are diagnosed with Autism, would put them under more care/control of the State, through school and medical visits.
Thus further increasing the dependence of people to the current police-state.

Just a thought. . .

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It's the vaccines. This is called eugenics and it's being done on purpose.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
How many times do we have to have this "autism causes vaccines" dialogue?

Find a causal link with mechanism or your graphs are meaningless.

Also when you say "if current trends continue" - no. Stop it. Current trends never continue - that's exactly the reason you can claim that. If one day autism rates go down, I could make a thread saying "if current trends continue, autism will be eradicated by 2015" by your logic.

Finally, I leave you with the real cause of autism - organic produce.

www.cracked.com...
edit on 22-3-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I don't care much to partake in your charts and graphs, I do know that prior to the 50s eugenics was the talk of western civilization. I guess it just disappeared? Now it's a "conspiracy theory". You believe what you want, but there's a reason abortion is an untouchable "women's rights" topic and any time you link vaccines to autism you're a kook. There's a reason cancer is exploding and the only known "cure" does nothing but hasten the process. I'd rather not stick my fingers in my ears and deny reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

I'm not disputing the fact that autism may be linked to or caused by vaccines, nor did I disparage the belief in eugenics and population control as a legitimate government secret. You imply that I am a negative nelly - I am not.

Based on the evidence presented (over and over) I cannot agree with the conclusion that "there is something going on with vaccines" that some people subscribe to. We can discuss how it could be happening, the pathways in the body that can cause the observed results, the testimony of anyone involved, the results of vaccine analysis and so on and so forth if people actually want to do that.

What we cannot do however, is exactly what is being done in this thread. We cannot look at some graphs where two lines go up in a similar fashion and claim that the first is affecting the second.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4peace
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Your smart-azz attitude isn't amusing. My son has autism and if you've done any research then you would see that it is indeed a possibility that the thimerosal could be a contributing factor.

Autism isn't amusing.

And if you did the research, you might have found this:

Context Mercuric compounds are nephrotoxic and neurotoxic at high doses. Thimerosal, a preservative used widely in vaccine formulations, contains ethylmercury. Thus it has been suggested that childhood vaccination with thimerosal-containing vaccine could be causally related to neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism. Objective To determine whether vaccination with a thimerosal-containing vaccine is associated with development of autism. Design, Setting, and Participants Population-based cohort study of all children born in Denmark from January 1, 1990, until December 31, 1996 (N = 467 450) comparing children vaccinated with a thimerosal-containing vaccine with children vaccinated with a thimerosal-free formulation of the same vaccine. Main Outcome Measures Rate ratio (RR) for autism and other autistic-spectrum disorders, including trend with dose of ethylmercury. Results During 2 986 654 person-years, we identified 440 autism cases and 787 cases of other autistic-spectrum disorders. The risk of autism and other autistic-spectrum disorders did not differ significantly between children vaccinated with thimerosal-containing vaccine and children vaccinated with thimerosal-free vaccine (RR, 0.85 [95% confidence interval [CI], 0.60-1.20] for autism; RR, 1.12 [95% CI, 0.88-1.43] for other autistic-spectrum disorders). Furthermore, we found no evidence of a dose-response association (increase in RR per 25 µg of ethylmercury, 0.98 [95% CI, 0.90-1.06] for autism and 1.03 [95% CI, 0.98-1.09] for other autistic-spectrum disorders).
Source

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Other very likely sources of autism:

- 39% of families with autistic childs (of a group of 167 families) had a history of alcoholic abuse. Source

- Psychoactive Pharmaceuticals Induce Fish Gene Expression Profiles Associated with Human Idiopathic Autism - drop your pills in the sink and some child might get autism. Source

- Data from twin and family studies suggest a strong genetic component in the etiology of autism. Source Source Source

- If the mother was sexually abused, even that might trigger autism in her child(s). Source

- And finally: Thimerosal Disappears but Autism Remains. Source

I am not in the final position to understand all and everything which is written in these documents, I am free to admit that (as being not a doctor but an engineer). But I can read and usually understand their conclusions. And nothing, really nothing in publications points out vaccines as a root of autism!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Look folks.
Autism, is a "spectrum"

Quoted from the OP's source:

“Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a set of complex neurodevelopment disorders that include autistic disorder, Asperger disorder, and pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (1). Children who have ASD display mild to severe impairments in social interaction and communication along with restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped patterns of behaviors, interests, and activities.”

In other words, we are going to lump anything into this category.
This rise is nothing more than statistical manipulation.
WTH is "pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified" besides an excuse to cook the books, and maybe make some money of of more prescriptions.

I make no claims to be an expert on this, but I will give you my reasons for stating so:
1. I used to volunteer for the local Special Olympics.
2. My mother as a nurse, used to be stationed at a local school for the mentally impaired (young to about 25 or 30). Hence my connection with Special O.
My old band, back in high school, even played for a few of their School socials (read as dances, although it is certainly a different experience).

There is a distinct difference in personalities from someone who is truly Autistic and someone who is not. From my position there is no way to confuse the two, and there is no way I have met one who is out of every 50 people I have met.
Between life and work, I interact with maybe 1000 people a year. I can think of 3 who would be on the spectrum, and maybe another 10 who have been told they were.
Again, I'm not an expert, just going on my observations.

edit on 22-3-2013 by randomtangentsrme because: Forgot to add my conclusion.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

When autism rates go down you can make a thread on it.

You and I both know that will probably never happen so if you want to ignore the sharp rise in autism that's up to you. Until then perhaps you should keep an open mind.

Nice attempt at reverse psychology though

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Sandalphon

I would like to see a comparison of autism rates with countries that have a lower percentage of their children being vaccinated. My guess (speculation on my behalf) is that the autism rates would be lower in countries with lower vaccination percentages.

Penn and Teller have now debunked this www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Sandalphon

I would like to see a comparison of autism rates with countries that have a lower percentage of their children being vaccinated. My guess (speculation on my behalf) is that the autism rates would be lower in countries with lower vaccination percentages.

Penn and Teller have now debunked this www.abovetopsecret.com...

At which point in the video do they debunk this?

As far as I am concerned the only thing they have debunked is their credibility.

But yeah, please tell me what in the video debunks the CDC's own statistics?

(I am unable to watch it right now)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Vaccines are 100% safe, there are no dangers, you'll see from the video, you need to watch the whole video though. Check through the comments below as there's lots more info there about how vaccines have no risk whatsoever

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's a combo of GMO's(High fructose Corn Syrup in nearly everything), BPA in the plastics, Vaccines, and Flouride in the Water supply.

Take all of those away and you have bright healthy children. Simple!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein

Vaccines are 100% safe, there are no dangers, you'll see from the video, you need to watch the whole video though. Check through the comments below as there's lots more info there about how vaccines have no risk whatsoever

What information in the video proves that vaccines are 100% safe. Even the manufacturers of these vaccines admit that they are not 100% safe and do admit that there are risks.

So, without yet watching the video, I can already tell you that it does not prove vaccines to be 100% safe as the CDC and the makers of the vaccines even admit the risks associated with vaccinations.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

When the DSM V comes out autism will fall by incredible numbers. I'll PM you the link to the thread when it's made.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My son was normal.
My son had the MMR shot.
My son is now special.
Could be a coincidence.

I really hope he does not have to be on mind drugs for years.

Me and my wife think the point when our son turned "special" was after the MMR shot.

People. Do not let this vaccine topic go quiet. There needs to be MUCH more discussion on this topic.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sandwhale

Around 1900 the Gov. was shocked at the general poor health of Americans, it was decided that the amount of mercury being prescribed for vairious illneses was at that time the main problem. Funny how mercury is popping its head up again.Funny how Doctors have so much power to prescribe when most of history is full of their cock ups.The experts will give you a pill for this and a pill for that and in the end if you try to diagnose and prescribe for yourself you will most likely find that its illegal and die in prison anyway.
If you cant afford the experts then why cant you treat yourself? is this another case of the "rich making the laws to protect there wealth" I bet if you google your symptoms, and were able to prescribe for yourself, you would have as much chance of getting well cheaper than paying an arm and a leg to someone else.
When most legislation is passed by a government at the urging of well paid lobbyists, they certainly are not passing the laws for the common good.
Just remember that for over vast scales of time we lived on the coast and got good nutritional intake of the essential elements via seafood, now the food is denuded of nutrient and whats left is microwaved away,"Would that be supersized sir?"

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
In regards to Vaccines I have refused those poisons for years now. The ingredients of those poisons are pretty nasty. They can and sometimes do affect the brain. Hence the Autism. There are other substances out there that affect the brain like MSG Mono-Sodium-Glutamate found in processed foods, junk food and Vaccines!!! Strange! Why are they putting another Brain destroying substance in Vaccines?

Do u know what MSG does to the brain? It reprograms your taste receptors to make your brain tell you that what your eating tastes nice.

Let's look at the brain destroying chemicals in Vaccines!

• Aluminum - A light metal that causes dementia and Alzheimer's disease. You should never inject yourself with aluminum.
• Antibiotics - Chemicals that promote super bugs, which are deadly antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria that are killing tens of thousands of Americans every year.
• Formaldehyde - A "pickling" chemical used to preserve cadavers. It's highly toxic to the nervous system, causing blindness, brain damage and seizures. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services openly admits that formaldehyde causes cancer.
• Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) - A neurotoxic chemical called an "excitotoxin." It causes brain neurons to be overexcited to the point of death. MSG is toxic even when consumed in foods, where it causes migraine headaches and endocrine system damage. You should NEVER inject MSG into your body. But that's what health workers do when they inject you with vaccines.
• Thimerosal - A methyl mercury compound that causes severe, permanent nervous system damage. Mercury is highly toxic to the brain. You should never touch, swallow or inject mercury at any dose. There is no safe dose of mercury! Doctors and vaccine pushers LIE to you and say there is no mercury in vaccines. Even the CDC readily admits vaccines still contain mercury (thimerosal).

What's really in Vaccines?

Now, consider this: The most common side effect of a vaccine injection is a headache. The CDC admits that over 30 percent of those receiving vaccines experience headaches or migraines. Gee, think about it: What could possibly be in vaccines that would cause headaches, migraines and brain damage?

Feel that headache after a vaccine? That's the feeling of chemicals eating your brain. Nom nom nom nom.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwhale
It does look like a cause-effect relationship where more vaccines = more autism
Substance called mercury has some relationship to autism.

Well you MUST stop eating seafood then! There are detectable levels of mercury in Seafood also. Frankly this seems like a case of bad science!
edit on 24-3-2013 by Tiger5 because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join