It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Autism Rates Amongst School-Age Children Rise to 1 in 50

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Well, there is a large "control group" to look at already in the US... the Amish!
They do not, I believe, have their children vaccinated..

The Amish of all people are a rather useless control group, unfortunately, since they reject everything beyond horse carriages. Might as well be caused by soft drinks and detergents by that logic.

Autism is still on the rise, but have vaccine schedules increased in kind? I'm afraid this disease will have roots that go beyond a single generation and if the trend keeps up, it will start looking more and more like colony collapse disorder in bees. Imagine an autistic bee just flying away into sunset without ever understanding let alone maintaining the hive.

PS: i understand that there are cases where infants just seize up or even die after a vaccination but i doubt that the majority of autistic people start out like that, otherwise people warning about the shots would have a much easier time convincing kool aid drinkers.
edit on 2013.3.24 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have met one of the children like this - because I was enrolling my boys in a new home daycare and the topic came up of immunizations, as they always have paperwork for you to fill out. I always just signed the waiver since I did not immunize. I still ended up having a child with Aspergers/Autism, but that was due to another serious health condition while I was pregnant. Anyway, this boy was really messed up because he had that same reaction to the MMR vaccines at a young age - seizures and brain damage - it was so sad for the mother - she wished she'd known the risks herself and could have stopped what happened to her beautiful boy. I could tell how weary she was as he was a real handful at 10 years old.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you are interested in the subject of autism, I suggest your read Dr. Andrew Wakefield's book "Callous Disregard". He definitely links autism with vaccines, but his research showed that that was not the only cause. He discovered that many children begin to have serious digestive problems that cause changes in the brain and that dietary changes may improve dramatically their condition after immunization. He was discredited by the medical establishment in the UK because, like here, no one wants to hear anything about the vaccine-autism connection. I don't believe that we should stop vaccinating children, but parents need to be very alert for the symptoms that Dr. Wakefield describes so that they can stop the autism process from escalating.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

edit on 31-3-2014 by whatliesbeneath because: old

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

ManFromEurope
Please remember:

- Seatbelts are causing autism, too!

- And if you did an uneven number of breaths three days in a row, daemons will come and give your kids autism, too!

- Did you know that the vibrants of a passing car might tune your brain to autism, too?

What, none of those are proven? DISPROVE THEM FIRST! Otherwise, you know, that causes autism, too.
Yes, autism is a serious problem. Therefore it should be handled with care, professionalism and expertise. Accusing vaccine is neither of those.

Perhaps a bit histrionic in presentation but this is true enough and I agree. Put another way...

Correlation is not the same as causation.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ignoring causation and discussing strictly prevalence:

1) The autism/autism spectrum disorders (asd) diagnostic criteria has changed dramatically over the years. ITS HUGE NOW, and the DSM leaves lots of diagnostic criteria open to interpretation from psychologist-psychologist.

2) Awareness has shot through the roof! Everyone has a working knowledge of autism because it's covered in sooo many different types of media! It's every new parent's biggest concern!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Increase numbers of autism, let do a simple math,

One hundred years ago, children received 1 vaccine (the smallpox vaccine). Forty years ago, children received 5 vaccines routinely (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio, and smallpox vaccines) and as many as 8 shots by 2 years of age. Today, children receive 11 vaccines routinely and as many as 20 shots by 2 years of age (Table 1). The increased number of vaccines given to children and the increased percentage of children receiving vaccines have resulted in a dramatic decrease in the number of vaccine-preventable diseases. Most young parents today have never seen many of the diseases that vaccines prevent. As a possible consequence of these trends, recent national surveys found that 23% of parents questioned the number of shots recommended for their children,1 and 25% were concerned that vaccines might weaken the immune system.

Interesting right?

Well no wonder children autism is growing to epidemic proportions, but do not be scare, the CDC have no problem with this as they think that the benefits of 20 vaccinations by the time a child is 2 justify any other means, including death and autism.

The site that I copy the quote is pro vaccine, but they can not refute that too many vaccinations at such a young age can attack a child immune system

Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Multiple Vaccines Overwhelm or Weaken the Infant’s Immune System?

pediatrics.aappublications.org...
edit on 31-3-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join