It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who 'owns' the moon offers financial help to countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok, first off I would like to say I was not sure where to place this story, however this has got to be the most wacky story I have come across involving space. Is this guy a loon?

au.pfinance.yahoo.com...

Dennis Hope, "Head Cheese" of the Lunar Embassy Corporation in Nevada has offered several governments — including the US — a huge chunk of money to solve their financial troubles.

So far, no country has accepted Hope's loan of The Delta, which is the currency system that he created to be used by those who own property on the moon.

In 2001, Hope set up the Galactic Government to "protect" these nearly six million property owners.

For more than three decades, the Lunar Embassy Corporation has generated $11 million in revenue from selling "extraterrestrial real estate".

One acre of lunar property can be purchased for $19.99, plus $10 in shipping and handling, $1.51 in planetary and lunar tax and $2.50 for a copy of the official certificate of ownership.

In order to choose which piece of Terra Luna he wants to sell, Hope simply closes his eyes and randomly points to a moon diagram.

The area is then coloured in red to illustrate that it's no longer available and the owner is provided with images of their newly-purchased property, but these images are only available after a completed point of sale.

Hope has also claimed ownership of Mars, Venus, Mercury, and one of Jupiter's moons and said that he doesn't "sell in other planets because [he] can't find maps of them to carve out subdivisions."

According to Hope, more than 600 acres of land on the moon belongs to millions of people around the world, including celebrities, such as Barbara Walters, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Nicole Kidman, and former Presidents Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, and George W. Bush.

Are they all crazy as well?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
11 million?

How do I get in on this scam ?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Only 1 person should have been able to sell any part of the moon and that's Neil Armstrong as he has been there.

This guy needs to be launched there as labour to help physically set it all up at the very least...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What I want to know is if he sells an acre for 20 dollars plus the fees and has sold over 600 acres,how does that add up to 11 million dollars?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well, the lunar tides have caused me huge financial losses. At least now I have someone to sue.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
What I want to know is if he sells an acre for 20 dollars plus the fees and has sold over 600 acres,how does that add up to 11 million dollars?

Quite obviously he is re-selling the same property!

From the OP:

According to Hope, more than 600 acres of land on the moon belongs to millions of people around the world,

600 acres belonging to millions of people?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So we can just claim property outside of earths atmosphere as our own legal property and profit from it as we see fit?That's cool. I hereby claim the sun as my rightful property. Therefor, I'm going to start charging everyone for energy usage. I'm also going to require a deposit of $19.99.These people are parasites looking for any little way of scamming people.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This dude just makes me want to slap my face over and over again.

Seriously.

People are just stupid.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Can we just call it even seeing as how I claim all oxygen everywhere? You just used $50 worth with that gasp.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I hereby claim all the space. Anyone in my space owes me rent at $40.00 a month as we move around the sun, and as the sun orbits the center of the galaxy, and as our galaxy moves outward!

Make checks payable to "superman2012" and "GD21D" send them so I can keep breathing and get sunshine!

Thanks ahead of time!
edit on 19-3-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I think a lady owns the sun already.
A Spanish Lady actually just found it.
Spanish woman claims she owns the sun - and now plans to start charging ALL users
I'm suing her for sun burn.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I hereby make it known to all peoples on Earth, I claim Uranus....From this day forward I own Uranus. Please act accordingly...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
11 million?

How do I get in on this scam ?

just pick a planet & start selling it ,

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jryan06

Are you selling Uranus?

Changed post due to beliefs.

And wanted to make note a member here since 2009 has made their third post to claim Uranus. Now I find that funny

edit on 3/19/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Are you selling Uranus?

No I am just claiming Uranus....eventually everyone will need Uranus

Changed post due to beliefs.

And wanted to make note a member here since 2009 has made their third post to claim Uranus. Now I find that funny
wanted to post many times, but someone always beat me to the punch, and I didn't think "me, too" or I like that was appropriate

edit on 19-3-2013 by jryan06 because: corrected a misspelling

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jryan06

Check this out.
Seems Uranus is already owned.
pieces of it is for sell.
buyuranus.com

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Imagine a situation where aliens are discovered to live in the planet he is selling.

Can anyone sue them for illegal trespassing?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Maybe he collects property taxes from the landowners

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey hey hey... I want some too. I hereby claim ownership of all black holes. Therefore all matter is subject to paying for disposal fees. I welcome advance payments.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join