It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who 'owns' the moon offers financial help to countries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hmmm....
Isn't that illegal?
As in "it belongs to freaking everybody"?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I try to never purchase property from anyone calling themselves "head cheese". That stuff is nasty. I wonder if his numbers are off due to the worth of a "delta". Maybe that 11 million is in our measly earth currencies.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
this has got to be the most wacky story I have come across involving space. Is this guy a loon?

Definitely, he just fits the term 'Lunatic' perfectly

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
What I want to know is if he sells an acre for 20 dollars plus the fees and has sold over 600 acres,how does that add up to 11 million dollars?

He's 'claimed' a few other planets and sold bits of them. He has sold 600 acres of the moon, the rest of the 11mil must have been generated from the sale of the other planets.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
Hmmm....
Isn't that illegal?

I'm sorry...didn't you see his title?The Head Cheese....of the Lunar Embassy. How dare you question his excellency? Bow down and send $19.99 to him.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by glen200376
What I want to know is if he sells an acre for 20 dollars plus the fees and has sold over 600 acres,how does that add up to 11 million dollars?

He's 'claimed' a few other planets and sold bits of them. He has sold 600 acres of the moon, the rest of the 11mil must have been generated from the sale of the other planets.

I wonder if we could get a discount if we purchased the entire planet. Can I claim asteroids too? I hear Uranus has a nasty asteriod problem.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hmmm....
Isn't that illegal?

It's not illegal as long as the people who are willing to give him money don't really expect to actually "own" part of the moon.

It's sort of like that "International Star Registry" company that will name a star after someone in return for money. In reality the 'International Star Registry" does not have the authority to name stars anything...

...well, let me clarify. They have the authority to do what they want, but the names they give the stars are not official. Only the "international Astronomical Union" has the ability to officially name stars.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Hmmm....
Isn't that illegal?

It's not illegal as long as the people who are willing to give him money don't really expect to actually "own" part of the moon.

It's sort of like that "International Star Registry" company that will name a star after someone in return for money. In reality the 'International Star Registry" does not have the authority to name stars anything...

...well, let me clarify. They have the authority to do what they want, but the names they give the stars are not official. Only the "international Astronomical Union" has the ability to officially name stars.

Oh, ok, thanks.

It's hard to believe that this is a real business...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
After reading the article and doing a bit of research here is what can be stated:

PT Barnum once stated: There is one born every minute.

And in this case, it is very true on such, as there is a treaty that has been agreed on and ultimately, would require the sign off on every signatory country around the world to be legal in all aspect.

The actual language is very specific and ultimately, as this person did not get the agreement of all 101 signatories of the governments that signed the original treaty, he can sell what he wants, but the people who purchase such are no more entitled to such than anyone for that matter.

The treaty provides the framework for international space law, and it bars the placement of nuclear weapons, or any other weapons of mass destruction in orbit around the earth, on the moon or any other celestial body, or otherwise station them in outer pace. It also exclusively limits the use of the moon and other celestial bodies to peaceful purposes only, and prohibits the use of testing weapons or conducting military maneuvers, or establishing military installations and fortifications on such. More importantly it forbids the claiming of any celestial resource, such as the moon or a planet, claiming that they are the common heritage of mankind.

Further to make matters even more so, and this guy and any who would lay legal claim to any celestial body, legally responsible for any and all damage caused by said object. So if the man decides to claim all of Mars and a meteor strikes and does damage to the earth, originating from Mars, then he is legally liable for any and all damage from that planet.

Kind of makes you think, do you really want to own a piece of a celestial body?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Even more, can you actually own space-time?
Or is it utter bollocks?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by sdcigarpig

Even more, can you actually own space-time?
Or is it utter bollocks?

Yea you can because space time is mine.

Everyone that ever has or ever will exist in the.entire universe owes me sunshine and oxygen money.

Charged at $1 any instance of noticed or measured time. When you are having fun it is free! When you are bored that's a premium charge
edit on 20-3-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Who does this guy think he is?

People should be paying one way tickets to send idiots like this too the moon.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jryan06
I hereby make it known to all peoples on Earth, I claim Uranus....From this day forward I own Uranus. Please act accordingly...

You can have mine just as soon as the tax man stops kicking it!

Seriously though selling bits of the moon or any planet is just a scam along with star naming as Soylent pointed out.. Unfortunately there are plenty of people only too willing to part with their cash.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Doesn't the mob handle "disposals"

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Nobody owns any part of the Moon.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Nobody owns any part of the Moon.

Somebody probably once said that about Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join