It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery mass fainting.. at mass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Okay so you hear the odd 'mass fainting' story from time to time ( well I do anyway ) but they mostly concern African countries where many believe that the mass fainting is caused by an evil spirit that torments girls.

Here is a link to a story about 'mass fainting' at a school in Gambia in 2012.

Gambia: 'Evil Spirit' Attacks Students At Ming Ndaw School

But last month in Sydney Australia there was a report of a mass fainting.

NO-one knows exactly what caused eleven people, mainly teenage girls to faint and become sick during a mass at a Sydney church early today. Ambulance officers were called to Our Lady of Dolours Church on Archer St, Chatswood at 9.45 to treat a young girl who had fainted but when they arrived they found a number of people in a distressed state. Most were suffering dizziness, nausea, and having trouble breathing. "The initial call was for one patient but when the officers attended the church a lot more people were reporting similar symptoms," an ambulance spokeswoman said. "We treated eleven people at the scene including some adults and five had to be taken to Royal North Shore Hospital."

The incident was then reported to the NSW Fire Brigade because it was thought a gas or chemical had caused the problem.

"But they could find nothing," the spokeswoman said.

Mystery mass fainting.. at mass

You would assume that they would be well used to the heat in the church and that would not be the cause?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maybe it's like a yawn, contagious. Maybe it''s like sympathy pains. Maybe it's like Mary and they are all pregnant now. ( hope it's that one)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Belief is a truly powerful thing and is often overlooked or underestimated in cases like these.

The mind body connection is so poorly understood, get a large group of believers (in pretty much anything) and you can almost feel that belief as a tangible thing.

Could easily explain this phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Maybe it just seemed "the right thing to do" at the time?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
yeah either that or 'you know when you see someone vomit'

lol

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
yeah either that or 'you know when you see someone vomit'

lol

Or like yawning, you know when you yawn and everyone around you yawns.

Hell I bet someone just yawned just reading about yawning, mind body connection, amazing.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Hmm, i suppose it got them out of church. Sneaky kids!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Just filling in a similar event (that corroborate the African cases you mentioned)

02 August 2011
«The samples sent to Portugal Lab’s with the objective of identifying the cause for thousands of faints, that occurred, since this April, in the schools of Angola, didn’t been able to clarify the type of toxic product.
In press conference, the second national police commander of Angola, Paulo de Almeida, considered a “strange phenomena”, that is worrying the police because of the multiplier effect
Seconded by Paulo de Almeida, this situation has been creating a “kind general panic and social agitation” specially in the student community, between 11 and 22 years old, that minifies as collective faint’s at scholar facilities, affecting mainly the feminine sex.»

The symptoms reported from the doctor’s follows as this:
- Panic (some girls)
- Fast and deep breathing(some girls)
- Tachycardia (some girls)
- Mucus irritation (other girls)
- Red eyes, mouth and troath
- Inflamed trachea and bronchi
- Dizziness and faint

more about this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-3-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I remember something like this happened in the U.S. a few years ago. They ultimately said that it was some kind of contagious psychosis

I don't remember of hearing anything more on it as to why or how it happened. Funny.

S&F
edit on 19-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
People passed out at Obama's speech, folks faint with the spirit at Benny Hinn's shindigs, I once got the vapors and swooned when given a box of Godiva Dark Chocolate Truffles.... but I think the mass thing is a funny little thing called having a religious experience and your body follows through. Some call it "being slain in the spirit".
Look into neurotheology.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Or in Benny Hinns case, he pays some actors to fall to the floor to shoot his credibility through the roof.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Didn't that happen to Justin Bieber in London recently? LOL!

new topics

top topics

join