It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's advice for near-term meteor strike: "Pray"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
can anyone with superior knowledge to me tell me any particular reason it didn't hit the ground intact- size, speed?
edit on 19-3-2013 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

it was sad and just couldn't seem to hold it together any longer, so it broke down.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If NASA had better funding, we'd be seeing a different response.
Cut the wars .. fund NASA ... IMHO

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
can anyone with superior knowledge to me tell me any particular reason it didn't hit the ground intact- size, speed?
edit on 19-3-2013 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

Or maybe it was intimidated by Putin's expressionless face

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by benrl

Yeah I do think they knew........and its not just America that is watching for these things......there are other countries out there with programs like this as well......

So really there was no excuse........

if they could see the one that was suppose to pass by us........You cant tell me that NONE of the programs around the world saw this potentially City Ending , millions of potential lives lost, death from above, rock flying through space, ....

I just dont buy it
edit on 19-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

this reminds me of the scene in the matrix when neo tells morpheus the prophecy was a lie.

and morpheus says they didnt tell us or nobody knew.

Im more inclined to think that the government dont know what the holy hell is going on. The left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. You have to remember countries and states are run by uncreative morons with about as much scope and imagination as a toad. They cant think far ahead hahhaha these morons know they only have a 4 or 6 year life cycle in a position of power with which they need to make as much money off the blood of the people as possible. these clowns dont care about you or me lmao.

Humanity is so naive at times, makes me chuckle.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

If you take atleast 10 seconds to study that video, you can clearly see that those dots aren't UFO's, they are stains o the windshield or camera

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Nasa is soo confusing me.

Why does he say "3 weeks" and to "pray".

He must be a praying man who thinks we are at risk and why the three weeks is mentioned is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Nasa is soo confusing me.

Why does he say "3 weeks" and to "pray".

He must be a praying man who thinks we are at risk and why the three weeks is mentioned is beyond me.

I think in this instance, MamaJ, he meant if three weeks were all the warning we were to have there would be no time for countermeasures, the inference being if we had months or years we may have a chance of doing something about it.

As to what NASA knows, probably a lot more than they are telling us:

NASA - Never A Straight Answer

Personally I'm more interested in why the Weather Channel is talking about Rogue Planets:

The Weather Channel on Rogue Planets

Because we can definitely do nothing about these.......

edit on 21-3-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
After reading enough on the " chasing of fragments " I understand why. The experts want the energy signature of the weapon that destroyed it, hoping to reproduce it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Or just rest assured that the ancient defense systems that shot down the recent Russian meteor (& the Tunguska meteor) will protect us from any similar events

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I was thinking that has to be what he meant but was uncertain. lol

I think the Vatican Observatory should also be an interest here in this discussion. Surely they are on top of it and know what is in the skies that may befall upon us.

I don't think they would tell us though out of fear of losing the control they have fought so hard to keep in tact.

The world would be in chaos if we knew there was an impending doom so I would never look for them to tell us beforehand. Would they know? Yes! Would they tell us? No!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
reply to post by DarknStormy

If you take atleast 10 seconds to study that video, you can clearly see that those dots aren't UFO's, they are stains o the windshield or camera

Its Ok, I took the time to find the original video which wasn't a hoax.. I see what everyone is saying now

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
prey everybody prey remember they just found comet pan starrs and ison a couple months ago....thats scary. its also kind of funny how some of the simularities ison has with other "planetary bodies" elliptical orbit, hidden behind the sun,etc etc etc. just a common observation

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sounds like good advice. I tend to not worry about things I can't do anything about. Not just saying.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pac221211
prey everybody prey remember they just found comet pan starrs and ison a couple months ago....thats scary. its also kind of funny how some of the simularities ison has with other "planetary bodies" elliptical orbit, hidden behind the sun,etc etc etc. just a common observation

First, ISON C/2012 S1 doesn't have a elliptical orbit. It's orbit is what we call parabolic, because it has a eccentricity greater than 1.0

It's orbit does not resemble any planetary body.

Second: it's not "hiding behind the sun", it's in plain view, towards the constellation Gemini and if you have a large enough telescope, you can see it (it's very faint right now).

Third: it will go behind the sun briefly when it sling shots around it, and very, very close to it. ISON is what we call a "sun grazing comet".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join