It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's advice for near-term meteor strike: "Pray"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Its a sales pitch to attract funding.
They need billions of dollars, to run the NEO program.

They are always dismissing any discussions asteroids could impact earth. Suddenly they admit they really do pose a danger? The Russian meteor wasn't detected before it impacted. Why donate to a program that obviously wasn't really functioning? Ok it would function better if they had more expensive equipment. Who's to say they really didn't expect it and planned to say they missed it to get this funding now?

What worries me is these rich elite bastards might want a piece of the action because these asteroids contain minerals they can mine. They only care about one thing and its not humanity.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
But wait. what happened to the millions of amateur astronomers. Why didn't we get a warning from them. Probably because there aren't millions of amateur astronomers scouring the skies. Thats the last time I want to hear that argument when someone talks about objects in the skies. Nobody saw it and if they did they didnt say a word not the "professionals" not amateurs.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
To those that are quoting lens flare on the second video...lens flare cant travel faster than the subject that is causing the flare...fact.

Respects

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Yah really.

And whats the point of praying to "God"?

I mean, isnt he the one throwing it at us?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
IMHO the explanation for those videos that makes the most sense is, as the meteor breaks up pieces of it get thrown in all directions; the ones which were thrown behind its descend path benefit from lower air friction and eventually catch up and strike it back. Coincidentally when that happens in that video the rock is breaking up harder and more pieces get thrown forward giving the impression that something stroke through it.

Either that, or it was aliens

But seriously, it wasn't aliens or a secret government anti-meteor weapon, sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

In a word, yes.

I would take the kids out of school, go to Arizona to be with my Brother and sis inlaw, meet with my other child, my Granddaughters and celebrate, meditate and feast together. I would go ahead and throw a good drunk, eat what I want, enjoy nature and family.

It would be the most respectful thing to do because there are people in my heart that I would love to be with if the planet was in danger.
edit on 20-3-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

That piece of meteor or UFO or what ever the hell it is should of been descending, not flying directly into the meteor or ascending like it did. Do you see what I mean? It lines the meteor up and flys straight through it.
edit on 20-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Because energy is neutral, energy can do things most people are unaware of. Prayer in this instance is energy.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
IMHO the explanation for those videos that makes the most sense is, as the meteor breaks up pieces of it get thrown in all directions; the ones which were thrown behind its descend path benefit from lower air friction and eventually catch up and strike it back. Coincidentally when that happens in that video the rock is breaking up harder and more pieces get thrown forward giving the impression that something stroke through it.

Either that, or it was aliens

But seriously, it wasn't aliens or a secret government anti-meteor weapon, sorry to burst your bubble.

doesn't really make sense, it broke off, completely smaller piece but carried on at the same trajectory sped up and blew bits of the big meteor off

I actually think aliens sounds more believable

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Please read thru some of this thread, nothing shot the meteor down it was indeed a lens flare, with all of the videos of the meteor that is the only angle to show this mystery projectile going thru the meteor

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

quote from the RT article,

"From the information we have, we don't know of an asteroid that will threaten the population of the United States, but if it's coming in three weeks, pray,” Bolden said.

3 week eh?
rt.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by benrl

Please read thru some of this thread, nothing shot the meteor down it was indeed a lens flare, with all of the videos of the meteor that is the only angle to show this mystery projectile going thru the meteor

www.abovetopsecret.com...

to be honest, it isn't as if that is actually the definitive answer, even reading through that thread

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by benrl

Can you explain to me what happens in the video I posted because what ever that white light is comin from behind certainly impacts that meteor.. That is some starwars crap right there.

As I said in my thread. The Russians have alien weapon maybe emf beam that was built inside the earth to protect us from meteor strikes. You have to understand that we humans are new n this old rock called earth and the aliens built defenses to protect the earth from any space rock.
edit on 3/20/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

Edit: my thread on what really happened in my view www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/20/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

the Valley of the Shadow of Death

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

At a House Committee hearing Tuesday, NASA administrator Charles Bolden Jr. was asked what America would do if a meteor similar to the one that hit in Russia on Feb. 15 was found to be on a path toward New York City, with impact three weeks away. His response? "Pray."

My advice...get on a plane out of New York City....

Seriously, three weeks would be enough time to evacuate the city and surrounding areas. It'd be hundreds of billions in damages, but should be relatively low death count. The real fallout would be economically, but at least 3 weeks is long enough to mitigate it somewhat.

Look on the bright side, at least it would take Jersey with it!

(sorry, but having driven through it once, no love for it I'm afraid...your road designers should be stabbed in the side, hung by their ankles, shot in the groin, then covered in honey and slowly lowered into a horde of fire ants, but that's just my opinion).

Why donate to a program that obviously wasn't really functioning?

So that it CAN function? Last I checked, the amount of people tasked with looking for these couldn't staff an average-sized McDonalds restaurant...so that should be changed.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The WISE sky-scan identified 50 000 potentially hazardous asteroids. The fact that it impacted earth is not what troubles me. What troubles me is that it could have hit Russia with the force of 20 Hiroshima and no one saw it coming.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
As I said in my thread. The Russians have alien weapon maybe emf beam that was built inside the earth to protect us from meteor strikes. You have to understand that we humans are new n this old rock called earth and the aliens built defenses to protect the earth from any space rock.

I can't believe that though I will not say it's impossible. We have crater sites all over the planet including Meteor crater in Arizona.. Don't you think if we had these types of alien defences we wouldn't have massive craters all over the planet?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Well, devil's advocate, it would be fairly recently for said weapons...so the craters are older...

But seriously, do you really think Russia has something like this? Do we even have something like this? Probably not in nearly an effective enough capacity as all that. Some large, ground-based HELs, maybe, possibly even a few rail guns, but something to take out a decent-sized meteor? Unlikely, shy of anti-missile defense with multiple kill vehicles....but even that is designed more shotgun-like...so not sure if it would take out a meteor's mass. It was designed for multiple inbounds, fragile missiles, not one solid lump.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Let's be honest with ourselves here.

The NASA scientist is wrong, (though I know it was a play on words). Praying will not divert a 200 foot, or any other size chunk of rock/metal from hitting the earth.
We have no defense against meteor impact.

edit on 20-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Pray? So basically we are screwed.

If a comet or meteor were to hit us I don't think there is anything we could do. If they knew they wouldnt' tell us, they'd save themselves and we'd just be a casualty of mother nature. They would just re-build the areas hit.

I won't lie meteors freak me out. I live in FL and have had dreams my entire life of the ocean rising like a tsunami here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join