It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Satan Look-Alike? 'The Bible' Mini-Series Producers Call Rumors 'Utter Nonsense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Just that for years we have our POTUS portrayed as the anti-Christ but I can't remember if one was ever portrayed as such in a movie,although Bush W II did have his likeness of his head stuck on a pole for for the up-coming series Game of Thrones,while it demonizes the president literally for that type of audience despite what I may think and the producers denials ,free speech is free speech.

The casting of the actor chosen to portray Satan in The History Channel's "The Bible" mini-series has sparked debate on social media sites over the weekend, after some suggested the man had a likeness to President Barack Obama. However, both The History Channel as well as "The Bible" mini-series producers, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, have called the suggestions "utter nonsense." Read more at www.christianpost.com...

I do believe it's a smart way to get ratings though,personally the mini series get a thumbs down from me kinda campy with bad acting .

edit on 19-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This has to be the tenth thread on this photo today. Search is your friend, so is fire hose.

P

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

really ok I guess it gone then..oops

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I channel surfed and caught a little bit of this show, on a few occasions. I also found it to be rather campy and filled with really bad acting and pretentious accents.

Like I said, I didn't see the whole series but I do find it cheap, lazy and in blatant bad taste to make the "Satan" character a person of color.

Not very creative!

edit on 19-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I channel surfed and caught a little bit of this show, on a few occasions. I also found it to be rather campy and filled with really bad acting and pretentious accents.

Like I said, I didn't see the whole series but I do find it cheap, lazy and in blatant bad taste to make the "Satan" character a person of color.

Not very creative!

Oh they do throw minorities and misfit white folks a bone or two one east Asian guy played the part of an angel with a Black guy and Samson is a dread lock wearing black guy,John the Baptist was a dread wearing White dude,..but it suks anywayz,

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Looks more like Spock than Obama, but whatever.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Ironically, Spock was compared to Satan in the Star Trek episode, "The Omega Glory".

The circle is now complete.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it.

The satan in the OP's pic looks more like my grandma.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Not very creative!

are you serious, Satan cannot be a "person of colour" (presumably you mean non whites, even though whites have colour)

Where do people get this sort of racist thinking from- OF COURSE IT COULD BE A NON WHITE- pretty sure there have been white satans

This is ridiculous in the extreme

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Of course Satan can, and has been portrayed as a black person, a white person, a red person and as human animal hybrids. Al Pacino played him best!

It is my opinion that this show taking a cheap, trite stereotype of a hooded black man playing the part of Satan is lazy and uncreative. But, I wouldn't expect anything else from Roma Downey and friends.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Not very creative!

Satan can be a person of color I don't care as long the character is believable btw I have a dvd of Jesus Christ-Super Star 60ts 70ts??? musical where Judas was a black guy , I kinda like that his character was no punk-azz and the music was good even though it's ol school..

edit on 19-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Of course Satan can, and has been portrayed as a black person, a white person, a red person and as human animal hybrids. Al Pacino played him best!

It is my opinion that this show taking a cheap, trite stereotype of a hooded black man playing the part of Satan is lazy and uncreative. But, I wouldn't expect anything else from Roma Downey and friends.

I hear that that Flav-A-Flav will play the Resurrected Christ. Roma Downey is an equal opportunity caster.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join