It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Pope and his mate, Baphomet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

why dont you use the highest resolution image availiable on line - and take another look ?

i dont care if you find my attitude offensive - but this thread is the lowerst order of conspiracy idiocy

use a crappy pic as " source " - make " enlargements " from the origional crappy pic - then " see " things that are not there

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

as an artistic individual i can assure you we do have quite a sense of humor.....ever hear of the cherubs in the sistene chapel giving all who look up the fig? its the olden day Italian equivalent of giving the finger...i definitely see the head tho...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If we want to go literal then:

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

In theory it would be considered breaking the commandment.

So the main question would be why on earth does a church need to be adorned in the first place? Isn't it a distraction to have all these sculptures and paintings? Does a true believer (or the lost, even) really need reinforcement through iconography?

Whether it's baphomet, the virgin mary or a blonde blue-eyed Jesus is irrelevant. It is still not something that should be up there, no matter how ugly, pretty or interesting it is.

edit on 18-3-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

What, you mean like this photo??
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Where they've used lighting to hide the now obvious so that the obvious is not so obvious yet the horn is still clearly in the shape and form of Baphomets horn?

And from what I can see, some of the other pictures just make it even more terrifying to look at.. like a soul reaper coming to get you whilst thousands of poor wretches try to claw their way back outta hell..
nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com...
www.timeslive.co.za...
www.mattinthebox.com...

and people were worried about the 21/12/12

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

By "Baphomet", do you mean Jesus' legs? The picture looks like it is cropped to try to disguie the fact that it is a blatantly obvious Jesus, not Baphomet-but-with-one-horn.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
In some pictures, the head and hair of Jesus on that sculpture looks like a snake's head.

The Vatican and the church have been hypocrites from the start, so having believers cherish Baphomet, snakes, the devil, the crucifixion of Jesus and pedophile leaders doesn't surprise me anymore.

I hope believers sway away from the Vatican as they would only enforce their faith in the real Jesus Christ and his message of love.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
It seems like projecting what you want to believe.
As the son of an ex nun, I will wait to see what happens, as should we all.
Right now there is nothing to base the worth of this individual on, besides his past.
A past that is not horrible from what I've heard/ learned.
Let his actions speak, not conjecture.

uhhh, what.? He is stating what the huge throne or statue is not anything about the pope. No projection, the artwork is really there for you to see.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

By "Baphomet", do you mean Jesus' legs? The picture looks like it is cropped to try to disguie the fact that it is a blatantly obvious Jesus, not Baphomet-but-with-one-horn.

I haven't disguised anything. I even provide the fuller picture in order to show how the three pronged head ornament on Baphomet resembles the supposed Christ spreading his arms..his head would be the central prong.

And IMO, it's more blatantly obvious that it is something other than Jesus, seeing as nobody really knows what he looked like, if he ever existed at all, and anyone can make an image of a person and claim it to be a bloke called Jesus.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A quote by Extralien, I'm getting the coding wrong here:

Originally posted by dogstar23

And IMO, it's more blatantly obvious that it is something other than Jesus, seeing as nobody really knows what he looked like, if he ever existed at all, and anyone can make an image of a person and claim it to be a bloke called Jesus.

ExtraIien, I think your avatar looks like Jesus.

It's interesting how the crazy-freaky statue looks different under different lighting. Odd that no Pope since its installation has stood back and looked at the thing and said "What are we doing, boys? Dismantle this and haul it our of here." Instead they set up their chair right under it in the middle and talk to people. I'm still wondering how I'd never known about this, maybe papal open-meetings aren't televised or photographed very much.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have never seen that statue before, and I do admit it is quite grotesque. Although, upon closer observation I did see the image of Christ overcoming the meloncholy below. I suppose people can take away from it what they will. That is the thing about art, and people have different interpretations of it. Christ rising from the crater of a nuclear bomb, maybe Christ overcoming the tangled web of wickedness and sin, or maybe that black glob could be evil itself. Who really knows? All I am saying is that, a person's perception is in the eye of the the beholder. I see one thing and interpret a certain way, and yet another sees something else. Just another nutty modern art masterpiece!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I started a thread about this sculpture back in 2008. "The Resurrection". All the links I gave for refference have expired. Its still a very interesting subject with all kinds of imaginations to what it can be. I still feel that the artists view of what he sculpted is an indication of future events.

sculpture behind pope

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

hmm looks like something more was added during the restoration to make it look like Baphomet. Take a look at how the sculpture use to look.

[ed itby]edit on 18-3-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I started a thread about this sculpture back in 2008. "The Resurrection". All the links I gave for refference have expired. Its still a very interesting subject with all kinds of imaginations to what it can be. I still feel that the artists view of what he sculpted is an indication of future events.

sculpture behind pope

Thanks, that's a good thread, and I f&s it there. One of your links still works, the New York Times obit for the artist:

Originally posted by Alchemst7
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Click on the NY Times link above. It gives a description of the artist and what inspired him to make this sculpture.

NY Times

[/quote

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I saw what you mean till i saw it close up. Now i don't see anything but the "Resurrection" it probably intended to show.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

You are right, the hands are different, and so is the hair.
That is what I see so far.
This statue is a bit disturbing......
something about it is not right....

PLPL

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
is it that the vatican can change the lighting on the sculpture,
in one instance it's 'baphomet',
in another it's someone else?

And this is the judgment: because the light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the light: for their works were evil. (John 3;19)

edit on 18-3-2013 by tinhattribunal because: you don't wanna know

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I've always thought that the Pope's "Throne Room" was the most satanic, evil looking place I'd seen.

Just freaky man...

You may well be on to something.
edit on 18/3/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
yea... i saw this live on TV!!!

i thought i was the only one freaking out lolol

literally...holy crap

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Baphomet is traditionally the god of wisdom and fertility. How is that evil? Has it occurred to anyone that the sculpture was designed to convey that impression? To keep impressionable minds under their spell?
edit on 18-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Yeah, the horn is missing in the original. also Jesus' robes are more, uh, billowy after the restoration, widening his legs into the snout How these additions and alterations are justified in the restoration process is beyond me, but then again i don't know what the artist originally intended
edit on 18-3-2013 by Lizardbrain because: clarity

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join