It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Pope and his mate, Baphomet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sanitus

If he seeks forgiveness it seems like he wouldn't have people worship him. Still though, it doesn't answer why the followers are so open with their idolatry.

eta: Is it just for the love of their god that they would risk martyrdom? Is there any biblical reason given that mentions that they must show signs?
edit on 3/17/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I'm pretty sure it has to do with ego and hedonism.
These people are more in love with themselves than anyone or anything else. If they love Lucifer, it's only because of the riches he provides them to fulfill their need for shiny bobbles.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

i'm not sure that the answer is as simple as 'i worship', er, i mean
'they worship satan'.

the meanings of occult symbols, many are supposed to be phallic symbols for instance, given to us, the un-initiated, are likely obscured in disinformation, like so many other topics today.

here are some pics that show pointy fingers like on the sculpture...

Leonardo da Vinci, St. John the Baptist
Oil on panel, 1513-16
(Paris, Musée de Louvre)

Leonardo da Vinci, St. John the Baptist in the Wilderness (Bacchus)
Oil on panel transferred to canvas
1510-15 (Paris, Musée de Louvre)

some think that john was really the messiah, jesus was some jerk that stole his title out from under him.
i like reading the bible with that pretence in mind, it makes more sence.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Isn't baphomet a newly developed deity of sorts? Something to do with crowley? Why would the church be worshipping baphomet?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Seeing it from that picture tells a completely different story... I still don't trust them though

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
These people are sickos and that includes the artist.. If they want hell, they will certainly get it.

Stopped defending islam when people criticise it as a group, have you?

Started to criticise catholics as a group now, have you?

Consistency of a can of soup without the can.

now op.. how is that art work any more frightening than the last popes actual face? O.o

At least this one doesn't look like he's a closet panty sniffer.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by DarknStormy
These people are sickos and that includes the artist.. If they want hell, they will certainly get it.

Stopped defending islam when people criticise it as a group, have you?

No, whats wrong with the teachings of Islam? Muslims are also on this site and are good people.

Started to criticise catholics as a group now, have you?

Whats wrong with the teachings of the bible? I can't help if the so-called leaders are corrupt though.. Same as renegade Muslim extremists.

Consistency of a can of soup without the can.

No, I understand that both have good and bad apples, thats why I don't judge either.. But when a known spy/military/financial/assassins/secret society take the helm of the Catholic church, theres nothing wrong with keeping a eye on them.. Black and Red priests can't be that bad, can they?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here's a neat trick..

Grab that photo of that "cloud" from the other day... you know the one..Mess with the contrast/brightness so the cloud stands out and the background blue is dark.. (id advise messing with it.. alot.. turn it into a bumpmap.. wow..) you'll notice something..

It looks.. almost exact to that sculpture, still non defined (would love a uncompressed pic to work with) but a dead ringer for that thing up top.

Not saying anything... just that one should do this themselves, I wont be picked apart over this so im not going to hand out my findings... but i do suggest you look yourself.

Crazy times

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Isn't baphomet a newly developed deity of sorts? Something to do with crowley? Why would the church be worshipping baphomet?

Here's a quote from Crowley's Magick (Book 4) (from the wikipedia page on Baphomet). You can see the real Crowley in writings like this, a caring and love for humanity and knowledge, and a picking apart of past religious symbols and fables in what amounts to an occult sword of specific and principled language. I don't like quotes with ellipses, but this is how the wikipedia page quoted the passage.

In ''Magick (Book 4)'', Crowley asserted that Baphomet was a divine androgyne and "the hieroglyph of arcane perfection"::

The Devil does not exist. It is a false name invented by the Black Brothers to imply a Unity in their ignorant muddle of dispersions. A devil who had unity would be a God... 'The Devil' is, historically, the God of any people that one personally dislikes... This serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade 'Know Thyself!' and taught Initiation. He is 'The Devil' of the Book of Thoth, and His emblem is BAPHOMET, the Androgyne who is the hieroglyph of arcane perfection... He is therefore Life, and Love. But moreover his letter is ''ayin'', the Eye, so that he is Light; and his Zodiacal image is Capricornus, that leaping goat whose attribute is Liberty.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You see rabbits in the clouds right?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sanitus

what if satan and god were best of friends and not enemies. Perhaps satan isnt the personificaiton of evil, but just the human perception as he is the ruler of the underworld. isnt satan just meant to be a jailor of sorts? he is doing his job of keeping the nasties under control while being constantly influxed with new nasties.

and all everyone ever does if vilify him more the poor fellar

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

What a chilling post !
2nd line.
Snf for three.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
To begin with, I think that statue is one of Jesus being resurrected, although it certainly is creepy and convoluted. The Crowley stuff is a lot more complicated, but it isn't that bad - the main philosophy is do what you will as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

The main objection I can see to Crowley is that it is an individualist philosophy that, although it might not harm anyone and might bring someone closer to their full potential, might not be conducive to maintaining a cohesive, predictable society.

edit on 18-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

what if

Thoughts, views, concerning this subject, eternal destiny, that include those to words. Don't seem to have a home.
That I can find anyway.
edit on 18-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yep Baphomet no doubt.....right before our very eyes...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I don't like it. It's way too suggestive of being something that its not.

It looks twisted and in turmoil. Too painful a picture for something that is supposed to represent peace, love and harmony etc.

Even if it really does mean to represent Christ being resurrected, I have to ask, where from? If it is from the underworld, why is Baphomet in the picture. His 'horn' in the image is, in itself, plainly obvious. It does look very much like a goats horn.

We all are aware of just how sick and twisted the church has been over the years and are still being caught at it... Yet those with blind faith fail to see the wrong.

If this church is now supposed to be helping/for the poor, then splash the dosh...you've got plenty of it. You've had almost 2,000 years of collecting money to be able to afford a dish of the interest gained.

We also seem to forget how certain powerful and rich people from around the world go to a particular place once a year to hold a secret ceremony in front of a giant stone owl... and these people run our world.

I do not like this statue. It looks way to twisted, torn and full of tortured souls. It resembles the image of Baphomet in too many ways (as I've stated)

Roll on the day when the truth about everything is revealed.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Yep Baphomet no doubt.....right before our very eyes...

I kinda pity all those who are under his watchful gaze..

Shame on the masters of the flock.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Damn mars rocks again.
I am not seeing anything outside of twisted wreckage and the like, and of course jesus sort of flying out of it.

the zoomed in thing I only seen some happy face guy at the bottom left...and some sort of strange pigman face at the bottom right looking down a bit...trick of lighting and form of course, but ya...not seeing any baphy.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If you look really hard there's a representation of a squirrel.

So in reality The Pope must be in some conspiracy involving squirrels. !!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Religion is crap cmon, the sun in the sky is your creator without it all there is, is nothingness
if we can see this the vatican can to its been made this way
but to be so blatantly obvious makes me sick , to me its a kick in the face of all who live there life by it
i dont i wont be fooled this should be a wake up call

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join