It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Seizures? Calling all dog owners, please.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Druid, you have my deepest condolences and warmest thoughts as you work through what has happened.

I want to share something with you because the belief means a great deal to me and it's a deep belief. It truly is.

The hand of another person created this image, but the Powerful Hands of Another created the place.

May Storm be happy and content to run free where he is now. You'll see each other again.....and Storm will be waiting.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Druid,

I am so sorry. There are no words that I can give you at this difficult time.

I lost my girl of 12 years on the 14th of March. I buried her Saturday.

She was my partner and my little buddy. My heart is still breaking and I miss her so much.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how you are feeling friend.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Druid, when the pain eases....maybe you'll be interested in this old thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

riverwild,

I am sad for your loss, too.
They are members of our families, we entrust with our hopes and secrets...and they give us unconditional love.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Painful and so sadf, Was hoping he could make it. I am glad he is no longer suffering, but sorry for your loss. 'hugs' to you and your family. R.I.P. Storm.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm gutted, I really am. Just awake and in tears already. I'm so so sorry this has happened to you all. I know you know you did the right thing for him, but that's probably absolutely no consolation right now. I know exactly how you feel, and how much it hurts. Time helps, but he will always be around you and bless you for giving him the amazing life he had. You're all in my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about Storm my friend, I had been quietly praying he would recover.

Our pets are more than our friends at times, they define us, they love us, they endlessly forgive us and they are always there for us, no matter how much or how little we want them around at times. They are the truest and most unconditional form of love there is, and to lose one is to lose a part of yourself.

Take consolence in the fact Storm is now beyond this physical realm and beyond pain, in his own paradise waiting for the day you two will be reunited again.

My heart goes out to you this eve.
edit on 26/3/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

I'm sorry but I thought this was important enough that I should comment on it for the sake all.

Being how important this is I can not stress enough to everyone whether human or animal,DURING A SEIZURE THE PATIENT CAN NOT CHOKE ON THEY'RE TONGUE.If you should try to put your hands in the mouth of anything that is having a seizure, you may very well be bit,and guess what?due to the involuntary spasms of the muscles from the seizure,THEY WON'T LET GO.You will have to wait for the seizure to be over before you will get your fingers back.
My sister is a registered nurse and I asked her about this just to make sure I had it right,She said whatever you do just leave the patient to lay quietly,don't try to move them unless they will get hurt thrashing around,if possible moving what is around them.And them swallowing they're tongue is a fallacy. Don't try to restrain them either.Thanks for listening.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

My totally deepest sympathy to you and your family at this time.Being an animal lover I know the pain of loss with a pet is every bit as hard as losing a human member of your family.
I wish you peace and comfort in your time of mourning,and to Storm 'waves' have a good trip my friend,your master will meet up with you in his time.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wish to thank everyone for their kind words. They mean so much during such a profoundly sad time for us.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In Loving Memory of Storm.

Be sure to click on the twinkling star in the top right corner of the page.

www.in-memory-of-pets.com...

edit on 26-3-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My deepest condolences on Storm's passing. Your posts and your efforts gave testimony of your love for Storm. Always he can be found in your thoughts and I truly hope you get to be with him again. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

That was very touching. Thank You.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We have thousands of dog pictures, and have shot video of them playing. Tonight, we were digging through the archives, and looking for Storm pics, but I realized it was important to show the pack that he's left behind. Storm was the Alpha male, and the other two never questioned it. His son, Demon, would challenge his authority, and playtime would ensue. Max, the Golden Retriever, would watch and bark.

Yes, I have Storm's son. My brother has his daughter. Storm's legacy lives on through his spawn. I have that much of him, but Demon is only two, and has not the wisdom of an Alpha. He's still just a pup, and energetic.

We found a pic of all three:

and one of "DeMonster" sleeping:

and one of Max, just to show how handsome he is:

WHAT?

I have to be Alpha now?

And of course, if you've ever seen "UP" by Disney, you'll know who Dug is:

I just got a bath, Alpha, but I just had to roll in the dirt. Today is the best day of my life.

Max is Dug personified, and so fitting.

Once again, I thank everyone for their comments, and appreciate your heartfelt concern. It's members like all of you that make ATS a true home on the internet. Thank you. Sincerely.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I avoided your thread because the title gave me a really bad feeling...

Im truly sorry for your loss... Theres nothing worse then losing your true friend...

I've lost many over the years... and it seems to affect me more then losing a person...

Even the thought of your loss brings tears to my eyes... my heart aches for you my friend.

You will see them again... believe it!

Lots of stars and a flag for you!!

Much love

Our dear friends live on..
edit on 27-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I echo your sentiment. I will see all my pets again. There's a bond that can't be unshackled by a division between realms. We all seem to know this.

We love, and receive unconditional love in return. That is why our pets mean soooo much to us.

We expect them to be there every night, wanting, and we get used to the routine. Once they are gone, an empty space grows, and we feel the loss as true as any person.

Any pet owner will tell you that.

Storm would go to bed when I did, and lay on the floor beside my bed. I'd reach down, and pet him, and he'd do a little snort of satisfaction. It was a routine. It was something simple, but unique, and something I cherished.

Time heals all wounds. I know that.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I had to take a little walk after flipping to this page... It hit me kinda hard.

I came across that picture a few weeks ago after a friend lost his friend actually... same result, I broke down.

So I had to post it here in the hopes that it might give some comfort to some of our members.

I have a hard outer shell but inside im all soft and sappy...

especially when it comes to the innocence of our friends, and they love they truly show us...

All my love brother

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join