It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you Deny Reincarnation exists?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF you jump IN a pool... are you also exiting said splishy splashy place?

If you jump into a pool, you are exiting the dry area outside of it as well as entering the pool itself and then, when you stand up, you are inhabiting both areas simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Real Question is: how many times and in how many ways has God reincarnated? Would something/one who clearly has a fondness for the quantum cray cray leave a trail so linear?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I don't even begin to pretend to know the why and how of God's actions.Though who are we to assume that God wouldn't leave a linear trail?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by Akragon

IF you jump IN a pool... are you also exiting said splishy splashy place?

If you jump into a pool, you are exiting the dry area outside of it as well as entering the pool itself and then, when you stand up, you are inhabiting both areas simultaneously.

Can the word In be used to describe the word out?

At what point does a doorway become in and out?

The middle perhaps?

IF you are IN the pool you are no longer out of the Dryness... Both can not exist at once....

The transiton negates the previous

I don't even begin to pretend to know the why and how of God's actions.Though who are we to assume that God wouldn't leave a linear trail?

Who are we to assume reincarnation doesn't exist?

edit on 16-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Like is only known unto like, my good man. God seeks friends- 'God' wants his/her actions to be understood, to be questioned, to be appraised - do you not hope to have a meaningful conversation with your child one day? Will you not consider him or her a peer, at some point in their life- albeit they came from you? Do they owe their experience to you, must they worship you for being that which you are? Or if anything, do they demand answers of your behaviours, your treatment of them? Everyone is here to learn- this experiment is for everyone's benefit- including 'God'.
edit on 16-3-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If I am standing in waist high water in a pool, am I not both in and out of the pool? Part of me is in the pool while part of me is out of it.

Circular argument isn't it?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

If I am standing in waist high water in a pool, am I not both in and out of the pool? Part of me is in the pool while part of me is out of it.

Circular argument isn't it?

A little... but its all in good fun...

You could not possibly do such a thing without first jumping IN... correct?

One can not come OUT of something without first being IN that something...

Again the transition negates the previous state...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Like is only known unto like, my good man. God seeks friends- 'God' wants his/her actions to be understood, to be questioned, to be appraised - do you not hope to have a meaningful conversation with your child one day? Will you not consider him or her a peer, at some point in their life- albeit they came from you? Do they owe their experience to you, must they worship you for being that which you are? Or if anything, do they demand answers of your behaviours, your treatment of them? Everyone is here to learn- this experiment is for everyone's benefit- including 'God'.

Even while coming from God, I would never presume that I was His peer. I have many meaningful conversations with God, though that does not mean that I will always understand His motivations for answering in the contrary to my desires.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And you can never be IN something without having gone OUT of something else, yes?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Even while coming from God, I would never presume that I was His peer. I have many meaningful conversations with God, though that does not mean that I will always understand His motivations for answering in the contrary to my desires.

'Always' is a long time. Good thing we reincarnate
- because the average lifespan of a human doesn't leave much for anything but a few hobbies these days. A rather pitiful lot to receive amidst infinity, wouldn't you say?

I'd say things aren't nearly so cruel, and you are well on your way to learning that. Repetition is the best reminder

What if.. =0 it is as Vedic scripture suggests, and you are God in your own right, at your own rate of development? A seed of infinity planted within the supple soil of timespace?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

And you can never be IN something without having gone OUT of something else, yes?

Yes... But let me ask you then...

Does the past exist? Or is the past only memories, glories and regrets of the present?

How about the future?

Does it exist "yet" or is the future only aspirations of what could be?

Understand that and you will find the truth to your question

edit on 16-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

A rather pitiful lot? Not when you consider eternity in Heaven.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Personally, I believe that the past exists as memories. It is here, it is gone, yet it will exist for my lifetime as long as I can remember it.

The future has not happened yet. It will, in fact it is, with every passing moment, yet if I cease to exist, then the future does as well. ( at least as far as I am concerned.)

I do recognize that there are many metaphysical ways of considering the past, present and future; the above is how I consider them.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

What will you do when you get to Heaven? Tug on God's robes and ask him questions? Maybe for a minute? -- you get some rest, and you go back to school. =D

Universe-ity.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

What will you do when you get to Heaven? Tug on God's robes and ask him questions? Maybe for a minute? -- you get some rest, and you go back to school. =D

Universe-ity.

I only have one thing to say about that...

NICE!! LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Actually, I will most likely spend eternity in praise of Him. At least that's what I have been taught to believe. And why wouldn't I? He will have taken me from an imperfect world filled with pain and given me everlasting life in perfection with all of my needs fulfilled before I even thought to require them.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Actually, I will most likely spend eternity in praise of Him. At least that's what I have been taught to believe. And why wouldn't I? He will have taken me from an imperfect world filled with pain and given me everlasting life in perfection with all of my needs fulfilled before I even thought to require them.

I hate to say it my dear, and I avoided saying this until now...

You should be careful with believing what you are "taught" by others...

IF you had never been introduced to "Christianity" and someone told you that you must be born again...

What would you think of that statement?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Universe-ity.

I only have one thing to say about that...

NICE!! LOL

Nice ;D

I think to any serious student of life, it is a big question - " Will my studies be interrupted by death? " lol

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Everyone has learned from someone else, if you have read various theories on philosophy and incorporating it into your belief system, are you not doing precisely that? Believing what others have taught?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So- praise him for an infinite number of years? Holy Cow o_o -- the Goddess might get jealous.
I am not so sure you have learned your micro/macro lessons yet.
I suggest you also study history (herstory? lol) a bit more fervently --- you are missing out on a lot of excellent philosophy and knowledge by constraining your views to a religion which has been perpetrated by a very (handily proven) Ego driven Patriarch, with holes in its Great Story worse than most Hollywood films. Granted- they are both based on esoteric/astrotheological stories, for the most part. lol

anyway, been fun. I hope you keep learning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join