It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Sarah Palin Arrives at CPAC : Barrack Obama, you lie! Many Standing Ovations!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why criticize Palin at all? She is currently a private citizen. She was just voicing her opinion at a private political gathering. As such, Palin can NOT sign an Executive Order, change the healthcare options for every living American, send the military into battle, block American commerce, propose to raise taxes, kinda/sorta order a drone strike (here, there or any where) or send American assets to foreign lands.

She is just stating her opinion (which on her topic) NO ONE seems to dispute. It's the 800 lb Donkey sitting in the room that no one WILL criticize...the person who actually CAN do all the things I listed above (and even more)!

Palin reminds me of the adage "open the phonebook, pick the first 535 people, and THEY will do a better job than what we have now."

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Pretty boarderline post for a mod...

My being a mod has nothing to do with Obama having lied, not been transparent, the GOP engaging in poor tactics and poor advisors calling the shots in the past election(s) and that Sam Adams was a leader of the Boston Tea Party and should be a point of focus for College Republicans rather than getting drunk.

Again, you all ASSume too much. My point is WHY ARE WE STILL LISTENING TO THESE PEOPLE AT ALL? Obama? Palin? Romney? Really????? You all still believe a word that ANY of them say?

Why is it that you wish to "be all sneaky" about calling everyone an ass? Speaking as a mod...that could either result in a Manners or a Political Troll in place of your post. But the whole line to the joke ASSUME is "That when you assume you are making an ass out of you and me." So, since it is obviously self-depreciating humor...it can slide.

And Palin said essentially the same thing except she was talking about sweating polls, public opinion and the words of political hacks that consider themselves relevant. Her message was "If you are on the right path, the people will support you. If not, they won't."

Things are worse than i thought...

But it could always become worse or god forbid, remain the same. Again, one of her points in that "what the GOP is doing now, isn't working."--The line about the view never changing if you are following the lead dog on the bobsled.

Sure, she got her digs in on Obama and the liberal media, but the real message was for the GOP to wake up and smell the coffee or remain where you are at. And it is best done by being genuine leaders rather than using the same old political tricks to get attention and failed plot lines to win (or lose again as the case has been).

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Glinda

If you view/read/listen to the skewed, sycophant media there IS no good on the "R" side. Any and all things "R" are reported WITHOUT objectivity or merit. ALL things left leaning are just this side of fantabulous (like the kid gloves, adoring, reporting that gave HRClinton and DiFi both passes (instead of the needed grilling) they both deserved. By contrast Palin is vilified for things she NEVER said. What is the difference between those three women? Two (given passes) Democrats. The one savaged, a Republican.

Funny, in my area, there is not a single liberal leaning radio show on the air. The one we had was taken over by FOX news about 2 months ago.

I would venture to say that you are A)watching the liberal side of the media (turn it to FOX, you'll find plenty of pro-R talk), and B)you are still missing my point.

The media is bought and paid for. If you expect to get the straight-poo from ANY major media outlet, you're naive.

In the end, though, I can see that I am discussing this topic with people that have fully bought into the D vs. R nonsense that has been put out there to divide this country. Not a lot of point to continuing this conversation.

Ya you have to be real out off touch with realty to fight over Dems VS RP there both bought by lobbyist, Lobbyist spent 2 billion the last 2 years, buying both party's.. SP speech does not even come close to what is really going on... in fact the whole CPAC thing was not new ideas to help the country, The main theme was to see who can criticize Obama the best... Meanwhile JPM bank admitted to using there customer deposits to Gamble on wallstreet.. and the banks in cypress stealing customer deposit's. Right now SP and the rest of the REP party biggest thing is how they our victims of the liberal press..Man I am a REP and I have never seen such an Implosion of the Party.. Hillary will wipe the floor with even there best they have... the next 10 years will not be a good time to be a REP,,,

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by TriForce
Although shes right, Obama is still in campaign mode for the 14 election but Palin should just go back to her reality show or book signing tours, she does more harm to the GOP than good.
The attacks against her and her family were childish and ridiculous (typical behavior from the libs) but I was never a fan of hers and she should never have been chosen as McCains running mate.

Gov. Sarah Palin helped get Senator Ted Cruz elected.

Harming the GOP? Haven't you noticed? There's a new sheriff in town and his name

is Senator Ted Cruz.

he's an arrogant a**hole.......i've been around guys like this in various stages of my life, and they are all the same. they seem to think that what comes out of their mouths, is so fresh and innovative, as if you, or others, couldn't possiby possess the mental acuity, and/or intellectual muscle, to comprehend such rarefied ideas, or philosphical notions, let alone come up with some yourself. he's another newt gringrich...where average intelligence is pronounced as brilliance.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

What she should have said was, if your party does lose -- don't be obstructionists in congress. People see through that, and it will not help your party. It certainly didn't help the GOP.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

he's an arrogant a**hole......

Holy hell. he sounds just like Obama...Throw his azz out

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8ter

Hillary (and as an aside, why another "dynasty" candidate...no more Bushes, Kennedys, et al) is forever tethered to Obama (even more so than Bill). The loss of life in Benghazi cannot be separated from her--it happened on her watch. That's part of what Palin said (going after the R's as well as the D's) "leadership must change" things that haven't been working won't miraculously begin function.

Einstein's definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome. Now comping that to Palin's CPAC speech should make some far left heads explode.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
that Sam Adams was a leader of the Boston Tea Party and should be a point of focus for College Republicans rather than getting drunk.

Well said. Actual teaching of US History--like the Boston Tea Party--is being phased out for a revisionist, warm a d fuzzy, Oxygen network movie kind of story telling. (I know--off topic) but...getting back to the CPAC speech...Palin's raise of the Big Gulp is in the spirit of dumping the Oolong into the Harbor

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
And here I thought half-Governors Palins fifteen minutes of fame were up. And it really is impressive that she was able to remember all those big words. Good job!!

you're in pretty bad shape, when you have palin as a keynote speaker. i wonder if she can see russia from the podium?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Why criticize Palin at all? She is currently a private citizen.
reply to post by Glinda

Tell me you see the ridiculousness of this thought. Please....Or maybe we shouldnt criticize any politicians that cant sign an executive order....

. She was just voicing her opinion at a private political gathering.

And thus opening herself up to criticism...it comes off quite desperate to be so defensive of poor lil sarah....

no one WILL criticize...the person who actually CAN do all the things I listed above (and even more)!

again, what a bunch of bunk. Go look at the president's approval rating. But nobody criticizes him, right?
I contend that he has committed treason...but nobody criticizes him, right?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It's a damned shame that Sarah Palin isn't president today.

We'd all be much better of now, if she was.

lol...great sarcasm, bezz....oh please, please, please, put her up for nomination in 2016

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

My being a mod has nothing to do with Obama having lied, not been transparent, the GOP engaging in poor tactics and poor advisors calling the shots in the past election(s) and that Sam Adams was a leader of the Boston Tea Party and should be a point of focus for College Republicans rather than getting drunk.

No, it doesnt, but it should dictate that you know better than throwing simple ad homs out there, as you did earlier...but I digress, I shouldnt have typed that in the first place, its neither here nor there. Ive been on this site long enough to know how things work.

Why is it that you wish to "be all sneaky" about calling everyone an ass? Speaking as a mod...that could either result in a Manners or a Political Troll in place of your post. But the whole line to the joke ASSUME is "That when you assume you are making an ass out of you and me." So, since it is obviously self-depreciating humor...it can slide.

Not being sneaky at all. You know what they say when you ASSume, right? Lots of assumptions made about me on that page. Thats it and thats all. if you find it to be a T&C violations, feel free to remove it. I couldn't care less. All the assumptions on that page sure do make an ass out of YOU and ME. Take it as you will.

Sure, she got her digs in on Obama and the liberal media, but the real message was for the GOP to wake up and smell the coffee or remain where you are at. And it is best done by being genuine leaders rather than using the same old political tricks to get attention and failed plot lines to win (or lose again as the case has been).

EXACTLY MY POINT. Its only about partisanship. Its not about the people. ITS ABOUT THE PARTY. THAT IS ALL THAT THESE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT. Yet so many of you let yourselves be played and buy right into it.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good Luck my fellow Americans...We're gonna need it considering what George Carlin told us back in 2005...You have no choice. You have OWNERS. They OWN YOU. They own EVERYTHING. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations; they've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the State houses, the City Halls; they've got the judges in their back pockets, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all the news and information you get to hear. They gotcha by the BALLS. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying -- lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want -- they want MORE for themselves and less for everybody else. But I'll tell you what they don't want. They DON'T want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No one criticizes Obama with any veracity. Ok...low approval numbers...he is a lame duck (to quote Hillary) "at this point, what difference does it make?" I'm not defending Palin I have posted the "transparent" double standard of a duplicitous media. Palin called Obama a lier; that's not what discussed. Whether she is right or not about Obama truthfulness (or the pansy like ineffectiveness of Republican strategy) was not the media topic (or even the discussion in the majority of the posts on this thread). The messenger is conveniently the issue/topic...the worthy message? Not so much...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No one criticizes Obama with any veracity. Ok...low approval numbers...he is a lame duck (to quote Hillary) "at this point, what difference does it make?" I'm not defending Palin I have posted the "transparent" double standard of a duplicitous media. Palin called Obama a lier; that's not what discussed. Whether she is right or not about Obama truthfulness (or the pansy like ineffectiveness of Republican strategy) was not the media topic (or even the discussion in the majority of the posts on this thread). The messenger is conveniently the issue/topic...the worthy message? Not so much...

You continue to come back with the argument that "nobody criticizes Obama" or "Nobody criticizes Hillary". Both of those statements are outright lies.

When a person has left any credibility they had in the rearview mirror, then yes, the messenger and message gets disregarded.

Again, I find it truly disheartening to see people willingly playing into the agenda to divide the american people.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
hey, here's something to talk about at CPAC...actually working together with democrats to provide more jobs and better pay, so that more tax revenues come in, and more people can afford to buy what businesses want to sell, creating more in sales and profits, more in tax revenues, and more jobs....creating more tax revenues...etc....
nah...that's too damn hard, and adult like..... more fun to call names, and rant about guns, gays, abortion, etc....
may i suggest that all tea party politicians in order to show that they are halfway serious about healthcare, pay in full their own healthcare, and retirement benefits, instead of being takers. with their pay, they are well in the top 5% of income earners, and don't need taxpayer funded healthcare or taxpayer funded retirement. but, again that would be forcing them to put up or shut up, and that's not in the GOP lexicon.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The American people are divided into two categories. Those who pay attention to how their government works and those who don't. The letters on the voter registration mean much more to those who don't pay attention than to those who do.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It's a damned shame that Sarah Palin isn't president today.

We'd all be much better of now, if she was.

This may be one of the funniest things I have ever read. I do hope it was intended as a joke.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The American people are divided into two categories. Those who pay attention to how their government works and those who don't. The letters on the voter registration mean much more to those who don't pay attention than to those who do.

You forgot the third category-those that 'pay attention' while still being ignorant of the overall picture. That supposedly 'know how the government works' yet still fall into the partisan goosestep line.

edit on 17-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Ive noticed a trend over the past few years, where its ok to bash and name call female and black republicans by these fanatics on the other side but when the same is done to them, (which rarely happens because were above that) they throw down the sexist/racist card.
Embarrassing
They treated Bachman and Herman Cain the same way
edit on 16-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

Only libs call other people names and throw mud? On what earth is that?

And yeah,. ....your side ! /....is above that ...of course...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join