It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top DHS checkpoint refusals: How to resist the madness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
As a former marine, this guy knows his constitutional rights. Do not comply, state your rights, record and ask for a lawyer.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Directive5120

Wow
Just wow

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This needs to go viral.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Funny how perceptions change...

I was one of the first comments on Sanderson's videos of his checkpoint refusals.
And my pro-comment and thanks to him for defending "our" rights was slammed into
you-tube-thumbs-down-hell....

I guess it takes a few DHS pat-downs to turn public perception. For me...I draw the line
at the Bill of Rights.

I wish everyone else did as well. Principle is reason enough to take a stand. Acting compliant out of
convenience will doom our children to a hell we can't even imagine

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
resistance will become futile as obamas minions throw the bill of rights under the bus, as their commander and queef enjoys.

the only way to bypass these systems is to reroute your travel and get the latest trucker intel, or don't travel. that is unless you happen to fly your own airplane and know all the smallest landing strips that aren't monitored

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Good for him. The more the police state is exposed the better.

I have been stopped in several of these police checkpoints. The LEO's goals are not always the same, but the results for most citizens is the feeling of violation. Even when most citizens comply, they leave that checkpoint a little less free.

My feelings on Local Law Enforcement...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
resistance will become futile as obamas minions throw the bill of rights under the bus, as their commander and queef enjoys.

Resistance wasn't futile during the American Revolution. Why would it be futile now? There is nothing that cannot be accomplished when people stand united. They want you to fear and to think that people do not stand a chance. It's all part of their strategy.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am always mixed on this type of issue.

On one hand, the LEO's are just doing their job. Provoking them does little to change the situation, as their job remains the same. In fact, it has the potential to further fuel the high stress levels that LEO's are under that end up leading to some of the other brutality and aggression issues we often hear about. It's a vicious cycle - we shouldn't be under any form of tyranny, but resistance makes them even more likely to escalate things, which makes us even less supportive and more likely to resist, which....

It would be much more productive to go to the source and address these concerns with the law-makers who trickle down these directives to the worker bees who are just following orders. I'm not saying anything would change (it probably wouldn't), but it's a more logical and direct path. To put it differently, if you don't like Target's return policy, do you REALLY think anything will change by hassling the cashier about it?

On the flip side, I do not agree with these stops and I completely support peoples' right to abide by the law - if they don't want to answer questions when probable cause has not been stated, it's their right. That last clip where the tables were turned and the driver was "interviewing" the LEO was hilarious.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
When you watch these clips, consider this: In each interaction, the person questioning the authority being demonstrated is RIGHT! If he/she were not right they they would have been arrested. Again, the right to travel freely is a RIGHT, not a privilege and those looking to "stop" must have a reason PRIOR to the arrest and that must be a valid reason - they can't just hold and then look for a reason.

So, each person is free to travel. Now, examine the nature of the low level bureaucrat that is executing the unlawful stop and search. They are chosen specifically because they are well miseducated, they are chosen because they do not think but simply follow instructions, in fact several in the clip seem barely able to speak English at all. The likelihood of them being employed after this job means they will never do anything to get themselves fired, that and the union, ergo they follow the rules they've been handed even if they are immoral, unconstitutional or even just plain dumb.

These bureaucrats are the best barrier between us and those who have a more complex agenda. They cannot be reasoned with, they cannot be spoken to, they have guns, are told to kill when they feel uncomfortable, are ignorant to the laws they proclaim to enforce and they are you friends, family and in many cases your real enslaver. The President does not enslave, he's locked in a box, the enslavers are the bureaucrats who work for LEO. Understand this, the man who makes the rules, owns the plantation is not the enslave, the man with the guns, the whip, and children to feed is the enslaver.

Consider that each one of these people in the clips, want to be free to move along unmolested, free to move and not be assumed a criminal until they prove they are not - stating "I am a US citizen" PROVES they are not a criminal. Again, they are guilty until they PROVE they are innocent by stating they are a US Citizen - though curiously not under oath. One more time for those of you not following; all criminal law on the planet assumes innocence and requires another to prove guilt, the person stopping these folks is ASSUMING GUILT, and demands you prove you are not guilty of something, something unclear, by stating you are innocent via the acceptable terms. In that stopped moment, you are under arrest, until you state the secret password, the you are released.

These are mind games, played out to get folks to simply accept their enslavement without question. What is so sad, beyond sad really, is that so many would see the folks who question the illegal and immoral effort as "foolish, stupid, trouble makers" and fail to see what is really happening.

The "Constitution" does not give you rights, it affirms the rights you have because you are a human. The piece of paper cannot give you anything that you already have, own, are, but actions taken by those in these uniforms, can turn a divine right into a privilege that is taken away by folks with guns, little education, and a need for the pittance they are paid each month.

For those of you who say, "tell the reps, don't hassle the LEO" you fail to see what is happening. The reps KNOW, they know, they are purposely putting folks who don't know any better between you and them so they may get you to simply "write a letter" which will be thrown away, but the gun toting human right usurper is still there even after your letter.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyturnedgrey

It would be much more productive to go to the source and address these concerns with the law-makers who trickle down these directives to the worker bees who are just following orders. I'm not saying anything would change (it probably wouldn't), but it's a more logical and direct path. To put it differently, if you don't like Target's return policy, do you REALLY think anything will change by hassling the cashier about it?

A cashier doesn't work for a public office and is not under oath.

People who work for the government are under oath. That means they bear some part of the responsibility. As an individual, you always have a choice. Just because you work for the government, does not give you the right to harass people or walk over principles embedded in the constitution.

If you start allowing that, what need would there be for a constitution or any law for that matter?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Directive5120

Originally posted by SPECULUM

Resistance wasn't futile during the American Revolution. Why would it be futile now? There is nothing that cannot be accomplished when people stand united. They want you to fear and to think that people do not stand a chance. It's all part of their strategy.

As they rip you from your vehicle then stand on your neck, while you're being zipp tied and black bagged. nor charged with anything, you're not under arrest, you're permanently detained

Listen. unless you have a small tactical army with the latest technology and are willin to step up top the plate and pop a cap? its futile to resist

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I wish I could give you a hundred stars for this post.

Second line

Third line

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Directive5120

Originally posted by Directive5120

Originally posted by skyturnedgrey

A cashier doesn't work for a public office and is not under oath.

People who work for the government are under oath. That means they bear some part of the responsibility. As an individual, you always have a choice. Just because you work for the government, does not give you the right to harass people or walk over principles embedded in the constitution.

If you start allowing that, what need would there be for a constitution or any law for that matter?

I appreciate your perspective, but I still don't think it's that cut and dry. It's easy for us to sit at home and say "oh, those LEOs just shouldn't do it. They are to blame for following unjust orders."

Yes, they took an oath, but yes it is their job as well. Do you really think it would fly with their higher ups for them to just say "Yeahhh...I'm not gonna do that." It seems quite noble to suggest they stand up to the man, but it also becomes impractical to expect that of them over every unreasonable law or order. I find speed limits unreasonable as it restricts my freedom to travel, but I can't expect every traffic cop in the country to mutiny against it as unconstitutional. As a country we have tons of excessive laws that fly in the face of the constitution, so at which one should our LEO's draw the line at enforcing? Of all the excessive directives our LEO's and troops are expected to carry out, asking a yes or no question is probably one of the most innocuous, relatively speaking. Risking loss of job, or in some cases jail time, probably isn't a worthwhile position to take over a tedious yes or no question.

I get that they shouldn't be required to do it in the first place, but if we're going to say that the lackeys are the ones to blame, some perspective needs to be put into what it would entail for them to fight it. Quit your job for disagreeing with your supervisor, and then we can discuss from the proper perspective. That is simply addressing a symptom of the bigger problem - the politicians, lawmakers, and absurd laws. Go to the source; otherwise nothing will change.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join