It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in clouds - Stirling City Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just found this on YT and since I couldn't find it on ATS I thought I'll post it real quick.

The footage seems authentic to me, doesn't look like CGI or anything the guy mentions in the beginning of the video. Could it be an illuminated blimp with a metallic surface ? Definitely an unusual sighting.

Supposedly spotted June last year, location as in the title. No further info except what's in the YT comments.

edit on 16-3-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: Corrected date of sighting

edit on 16-3-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: Added original video

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Looks like the sun reflecting on the wings of a plane flying away from the camera.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Exactly. This video is of an airplane at dusk/dawn or following a thunderstorm where the sky looks different in color due to humidity and angle of sunlight.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Here's his latest sighting of what looks to be the same thing filmed 2/2/2013

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Normally I would jump in hear and announce that this is a large low flying place heading in to land at a local airport with the sun reflecting off it.

On this occasion however I am inclined to think otherwise, I used to live in the Stirling area spent quite a lot of time in Stirling and the city does not have an airport. Actually In all my time in Stirling I have never seen a low flying plane now that I come to think of it most of them are large commercial flights 10’s of thousands of feet above.

I am not saying that its ET, just that I don’t think it is a plane either unless it is a military aircraft but again no RAF bases nearby. It could very well be a fake or some king of wired natural thing in the clouds, I could be wrong and it might be a plane. My bet is that its a hoax, looks like the guy who made the video has made a few of them and I never saw any UFO's in Stirling.

S&F for making me scratch my head.

edit on 16-3-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

In both vidoes he said, "it looks like a ufo sitting on the cliff". Could there be a road, and it's a parked car? Is there a house, or cabin up there and it's lights shining through the fog?

Sorry the video just doesn't do it for me.

edit on 16-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far.

To me it looks quite stationary, but of course the quality does not allow for a precise judgment.

Furthermore, I do not see any blinking lights, as I would expect from a plane. In my opinion, as stated before, it would come closest to a blimp from all earthly things. Of course one can't rule out something not so earthly

I deem it especially interesting What OtherSideOfTheCoin said. Apparently he lived in the same city and never saw a plane flying this low because the city does not have an airport. That's valuable information, cheers mate.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

FYI

It's a plane with the sun glinting off it

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Planes always look stationary in the air when they are flying away from or towards the viewer.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Planes always look stationary in the air when they are flying away from or towards the viewer.

I always thought they become smaller when flying away and bigger when flying towards you. Strange.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm inclined to go for the reflective aircraft explanation too. Especially so as his YT channel shows similarly reflective objects in over 60 videos.

To really confirm it as an aircraft, it'd be useful to have a topographic map of the area and to identify the 'cliff' he refers to. After all, if there's a cliff where the object appears to be, we'd have to ask ourselves why a plane would be at low altitude? Nomodros has shown that there are plenty of airports (howdy mate!) in the area and direction would be a good starting point.

Historically, UFO sighting reports rarely appear several times in the same place although there are exceptions. In this gentleman's case, he appears to be alone in filming 60 odd similar objects in presumably the same direction from one of his windows. That does suggest a flight-path of conventional aircraft and that he's probably mistaken - albeit sincerely.

Looking for 'Stirling Scotland UFO sightings' comes back strongly with Brian McPhee. He is generating the appearance of a UFO wave over Stirling due to the number of sites that reference his videos. In fact, his channel alone has had 800, 000 views.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Im guessing you have never been on a plane. Its an effect you can see very clearly while the plane is waiting on a runway to take off. All the other planes that have just taken off or landing seem to just hang in the air motionless for an impossible long time. If you look long enough they do get smaller or larger but that clip on the op is just a few seconds long.

On top of that you can see that plane in the op get smaller, its just hard to notice as the recording is jumping about a lot.

edit on 17-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Airplane heading into Edinburgh airport which is in the direction he was facing and is only 26 miles from that golf course as the crow or should I say plane flies.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It looks like a bad tracking job to me. The CGI element is poorly tracked to the background plate, resulting in very minute 'sliding' as the cameramans hands shake, the tracking software is having problems keeping the object locked to the background, resulting in offset motion that is a sure sign of a foreign element placed ontop of the video. Its good, almost perfect..but not quite. Close but no cigar bro.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
It looks like a bad tracking job to me. The CGI element is poorly tracked to the background plate, resulting in very minute 'sliding' as the cameramans hands shake, the tracking software is having problems keeping the object locked to the background, resulting in offset motion that is a sure sign of a foreign element placed ontop of the video. Its good, almost perfect..but not quite. Close but no cigar bro.

It's NOT cgi it's a plane heading for Edinburgh airport which is in the direction the guy taking the video was facing and is approx 26 miles from the golf course he was at.

top topics

join