It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lil Wayne being read last rites, too much Purple Drank?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

I sense that TMZ has overblown the story but which part can you prove they lied about? Lil Wayne has obviously been in the hospital having seizures, it's all over MSM at this point.

Just because it' all over the MSM it must be true? They lied about the last rites and the critical condition. The MSM are just reporting what TMZ says and what other sites have said that came from TMZ in the beginning. I saw this all going down last night via FB. I didn't care to comment on it because I am not all that interested in Lil Wayne. I commented on here because honestly I was shocked to see a thread on it.

He has been in the hospital for seizures but he wasn't on his death bed, he wasn't read any rites and he wasn't in an induced medical coma in critical condition. He has come out and stated this as true and so have his family and friends. TI apparently had a huge rant at his concert or on Twitter last night over the false reports. TMZ does this with a lot of things. I use to watch their 30min show in the afternoons and it amazed me at how dumb their so called "journalists" were. They would say or do anything to get the main guys attention or to get the "top" story even if it was fabricated. They wanted to be a popular gossip show and website but they copy a lot of what others say and then put their own "twist" on it. I read a lot of tabloids sites, it's my little guilty pleasure you could say.
I saw how they began and can see they have changed. I don't care for sites like that. There is another I read who lately makes up crap just to get views. It's stupid. Why make it up? Tabloids are sued so much for this crap. It's ridiculous.

I think it's possible someone who they interviewed could have exaggerated a bit, but if you are calling them liars, I think that claim needs some supporting material.

They are liars. If someone was over zealous they should have checked that but that isn't how anything is reported today. It's post it now and worry about it later. Sites or tabloids like this do it all the time and some do it even more now than they use to. They always have a "source" yet never name the source. How do you know they really talked to anyone? They don't have to reveal said sources so they could really say they have one and make up whatever story they want.

Read this article, it explains it all.
Lil Wayne tweets he is doing fine...

BTW I agree that wishing death on him is wrong, thank you for saying so.
I don't think he is beyond redemption.
edit on 16-3-2013 by tanda7 because: redemption

I am in no way a fan of his. I think he is pure trash tbh honest but I won't wish him dead. I think he needs help like a lot in the music industry. So many of them seem to be off their rocker lately and doing crazy things for attention then ending up hospitalized due to one extreme or another. It's like a new trend with them or something. It's sad really. I hope he cleans his act up.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks for all that info. I honestly have never seen their show so I didn't realize it was a tabloid. I was made aware of the story through a link someone shared on facebook.

After your first post I went back and checked out their site and I now see it is a celebrity "news" site. This is why I know nothing about them, I don't watch TV except for the occasional ball game that I watch at the bar with friends.

I am in no way a fan of his. I think he is pure trash tbh honest but I won't wish him dead. I think he needs help like a lot in the music industry. So many of them seem to be off their rocker lately and doing crazy things for attention then ending up hospitalized due to one extreme or another. It's like a new trend with them or something. It's sad really. I hope he cleans his act up.
I don't know how to say this without sounding harsh, but I couldn't care less about him or his music or his life style. People are people and people are flawed, that's not being judgmental, (like calling him trash) it's just how I see it, but I also have compassion for humans in general and being the hopeless optimist, I would like to think people deserve a shot at redemption. The only part of this story that piqued my interest was the Sizzurp binge. That and the fact that so many people love to point to him as an Illuminati puppet are the only reasons why I thought this news would be interesting to people at this site. And apparently it is interesting to some people.

Just because it' all over the MSM it must be true?
You do realize you are using one media site to refute another, right? Nothing in the link you provided conclusively proves TMZ is lying or anything else for that matter.

edit on 16-3-2013 by tanda7 because: irony

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Ahhh....Maybe he is being killed so he can never be questioned about his knowledge of the Aurora movie theater killings

LOL I was thinking the same thing, anything is possible when you look at who is in charge now a days

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I can't frigging believe what I have read here. That Lil Wayne could be responsible for what happened 3 days later?

That a rap group or a movie could have somehow in a twisted fantasy actually have contributed to the tragedy. Who makes this up?

Give it a rest already.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The world is never better off when an artist who isn't afraid to speak their mind passes.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Having a source that they will never release their name. Huh, this sounds alot like the Democrats and Republicans. Only in polotics do you see such BS

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
who gives a $%^&

I have no sympathy for anyone that practically kills themselves on a daily basis lol plus I hate his music, voice and style so at least if he doesn't make it I wont have to hear it on the radio, just some lil wayne tributes for a month or so, and of course the now popular releasing tracks from the dead phase heh.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

He wouldn't be in unstable condition and in this situation if it were just the opiate. They'd give him a narcan shot and off he'd go. He probably does a lot of bad stuff to himself. When this story broke days ago they said he had a seizure at a sporting event and other rappers and his entourage were saying he was ok and awake. Guess that wasn't true.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Let's hope he takes the entire rap genre with him...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
who gives a $%^&

I have no sympathy for anyone that practically kills themselves on a daily basis lol plus I hate his music, voice and style so at least if he doesn't make it I wont have to hear it on the radio, just some lil wayne tributes for a month or so, and of course the now popular releasing tracks from the dead phase heh.

You forget, these guys get themselves killed and somehow, still make music 15...20 years later!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
unless the dumbass has been drinking a mixture syrup with other medications in it, codeine wont kill anyone besides the extreme case where someone is highly allergic to opiates..

Overdose is technically possible as some people hyperactively metabolise codeine into morphine, but in most people this is not the case, and even for those hypersensitive, anyone who's been taking it for any period of time would find it impossible to OD due to teh development of tolerance in combination with the ceiling effect that exists with codeine. (the liver will only convert a certain amount before the metabolites inhibit the conversion process)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have to say that ATS, you are really showing your 'color' (no-pun) on this topic. Im not going to repeat anything said, or give you biased evidence of his ability. Lil wayne was an Artist, period. He definitely had a sweet spot in his career where he could not be touched.

This man is fighting a battle none of us can imagine, the least we can do is send good vibes his way...

All of you that Im referencing... #killyourself

edit on 17-3-2013 by AnonLover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I really can't believe all the "goodbye good riddance" posts on this issue.
Regardless if you think he's untalented, idiotic, a illuminati puppet, dumb, sold his soul, etc., he is still human (although he did have a mixtape called "I am not human") and deserves the same amount of compassion as someone a person may have lost whom they were close to.

Some may say "well he's a moron because he continues to do it" but understand that drug addiction is a illness and if codeine, which is in the mild opiate class, is physically dependent to some extent as it's big brother heroin, then it can become a tough habit to kick.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

Well,.. People like this try bloody hard to get others to join them in their illness, as if it's the best way to save themselves.

How many hundreds of thousands of people have all these things because of the promotion in this guys music and others ??

Frankly they need to get hurt bad so maybe the "Fans" wake up and do NOT wanna live breathe and act like them.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO

Well,.. People like this try bloody hard to get others to join them in their illness, as if it's the best way to save themselves.

How many hundreds of thousands of people have all these things because of the promotion in this guys music and others ??

Frankly they need to get hurt bad so maybe the "Fans" wake up and do NOT wanna live breathe and act like them.

Every aspect of your post is horrible.

First off, he is not dragging people in with him. Wayne can only "influence" but ultimately, every individual has their own personal choice on whether to get involved in anything that could be considered detrimental. Instead of making excuses blaming the media, people need to make the right choices themselves and raise children properly because what's going to be "promoted ", will be on radio and TV constantly.

Lastly, how could you say such a thing as "need to get hurt bad"? Has Wayne done something to you personally? Wishing harm on someone just to send the message of "hey, you know you're not supposed to use/abuse ANY drug anyway" is totally absurd.

edit on 17-3-2013 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Actually yes he has, I watched 2 kids I know die in the last 2 years because they didn't have any parents of good value to teach them better, and instead they took all guidance from Lil'Wayne and friends.

You have no idea what you are talking about, this music is promoted and jammed into the faces of a certain vulnerable group of kids who feel identify with it all, and DO follow these guys as a "normal" existence for them.

OD'ing on the same crap all the time these guys tell them is the way to live, the way to survive...

And to think this is not on purpose is sick too, anyone with a mind can see it is created only to destroy, and Lil Wayne loves every minute of it.

I am personally telling kids about this, and glad I have the best tool to use now, the king of this garbage is fallen...from his own pathetic message.
edit on 17-3-2013 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Still horrible logic.

You know who's to blame for those two kids? Could it be their parents? Even if not, you're trying to nitpick and single out two extreme cases to suit your argument and you continue to place blame on the media. And where do you get this push to a certain group from? The videos are on a majority of mainstream channels, radio stations and online. Access is not limited to a specific group.

Sure it's a influence but anyone who dismisses their common sense in favor of simply following "what most certainly is not cool" has to deal with whatever hardships may come as a result of making what was obviously the wrong choice. In the end, that person has themselves to blame. It's time for people to take responsibility for their OWN actions.

One more thing, should something bad happen like death occurring to Wayne, there would be a replacement promoting the same thing. Do you wish death and ill fortune on that person too? Even if you do guess what? Some people are STILL going to make the wrong decision. I find your comments to be very cold, not well thought out and hateful.

edit on 17-3-2013 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Lol, you just want to blame the individual but not ever a total piece of crap like wayne.

It is people like you who are responsible for things getting this bad, nothing is ever done about it because it is "someone else's fault".

Your logic is clearly religious and mainstream, you want to believe that everyone is given equal chances, and the bleeding heart garbage of "dont wish bad on anyone", does NOT always apply.

I laughed my head off when i saw this story, I can usually feel for someone but not this guy, listen to his words, watch his videos, SEE the amazing damage and hate flowing forth...then try to wish he would get better as millions of teens blindly follow his example and drink and ingest everything he told them would make life better to handle.

You need to come down to the inner city streets and talk to the people who have been influenced by this crap just as you have been influenced by whatever drives you...and realize that this guy has single handedly caused more people to die of OD than perhaps anyone else.

Stop it with the OMG its so terrible to wish that on someone, drop your own anger and look at it for what it is.

Maybe the guy can wake up and tell the kids he was wrong , doubt it, but I DO wish he would die, as an example.

You just cannot see past your view of the "world"....and how it should be defined morally in words.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You gotta be kidding me? I swear each post from you just gets worse and worse.

Originally posted by ParasuvO

Lol, you just want to blame the individual but not ever a total piece of crap like wayne.

It is people like you who are responsible for things getting this bad, nothing is ever done about it because it is "someone else's fault".

Umm....yes it's the individuals responsibility first and foremost. I can't understand why you can't grasp this simple concept. And it's not my fault that corporate entities push this out. Voice your concern to them.

Your logic is clearly religious and mainstream, you want to believe that everyone is given equal chances, and the bleeding heart garbage of "dont wish bad on anyone", does NOT always apply.

I didn't mention God one time so how is this religious? Of course everyone is not given equal chances. Wayne early in his life falls into that category. Now you're wishing hardships on the same person who's a victim of what you speak of. SMH.

I laughed my head off when i saw this story, I can usually feel for someone but not this guy, listen to his words, watch his videos, SEE the amazing damage and hate flowing forth...then try to wish he would get better as millions of teens blindly follow his example and drink and ingest everything he told them would make life better to handle.

Still playing the blame game. Teens know what troubles Wayne promotes right? No teen on his death bed from a OD is saying "if only I hadn't listened to Wayne, I wouldn't be in this shape". Gimme a break.

You need to come down to the inner city streets and talk to the people who have been influenced by this crap just as you have been influenced by whatever drives you...and realize that this guy has single handedly caused more people to die of OD than perhaps anyone else.

Funny you mention that because I AM from the inner city and everyone knows that what Wayne and other artists portray is not positive. It's around them in their environment every day. That's the real fight. Not the image on tv imitating what the see live on a daily basis.

Stop it with the OMG its so terrible to wish that on someone, drop your own anger and look at it for what it is.

I'm not angry at all. If that's how you really feel then so be it. I'm not trying to sway you from your uncompassionate attitude.

Maybe the guy can wake up and tell the kids he was wrong , doubt it, but I DO wish he would die, as an example.

I expected something like this from you. Even after acknowledging he has children, you still stick to your atrocious form of thought.

You just cannot see past your view of the "world"....and how it should be defined morally in words.

No my friend. It's not my view, What I've been trying to explain to you is a universal concept. It's sad that you don't realize this.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

The rapper's independent publicist, Kia Selby, said only, "Lil Wayne is doing well." She strongly denied reports he was in a medically induced coma, as reported by TMZ.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join