It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Is Engineering Genius Babies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
reply to post by Hopechest

May I ask what technology may be available that may outpace the human capability for thought and ideas?
What technology would surpass the human brain that created it?

Have we really had any evidence of mind blowing human technological advancements since we landed on the moon? Cure for cancer...? Nope. Flying cars...? Nope. All we have accomplished in 45 years is better phones and internet. Everything else is just a modification of some eureka discovery (made 100+yrs ago) to make it a bit better.

If you're all worried about Chinese made super-smart babies, look no further than my Chinese made 'smart' TV that has an annoying hum brand new out the box. Or maybe my Chinese smart appliances that will surely crap out after 5 years.

If you want a chip in your head (which will surely be Chinese made), just make sure it doesn't control any major bodily functions. I'd hate for the warranty to expire and have you crapping all over the place or worse rendered a vegetable.

I'd really hate to see the customer support call to India trying to rectify that problem.

A great many advances have taken place In technology, which is why my galaxy s3 has a processor that is faster than any laptop on the market 10 years ago.

Technology is able to do more with less, and it is accelerating, so that the doubling of processor power, and the halving of it size are about to hit the quantum level, where an entire mainframe computer will fit in a credit card sized device

In judt a few more years comouters will begin to become way smarter than their creators, and will begin designing other computers that even smarter than itself.

This is a reality, it is happening, it will continue. Man is ready augmenting itself with machines, tens of thousands already have chips emplanted in their brains, they help for parkinsons disease, and promise has been sown in many other areas.

Most folks are already carying around a cell or smart phone or tablet or laptop, is it so hard to imagine the same technology being implanted? Cant lose or have stolen skmthing that is internal, unless your counting the super evil organ snatcher type crimes.

I really do not see where your coming from, most people woukd want to keep the same implant for 5 years, as 5 years is a very long time for tech, it is only 6 years since the smart phone was born, look at its progress, and the ever increasing rate of its further development. Is it really so hard to imagine?

Just imagine a world where blindness is cured, and extreme sight is possible, viewing all the wavelengths of light, hearing every wavelength of sound, at extreme range, deathless, as internal organs are replaced with mechanical components, that do their job betted, last many times longer, and can be upgraded and replaced as necessary, instead of kidney liver or heart failure causing death, they woukd just be replaced, leading to vastly extended lifespans.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Yeah, processors in smartphones are a much better advancement than refrigeration, combustible engines, radio, flight, rocketry, and electricity.

Show me an invention that's impressive. Not modification of something else.

I fail to see the advancement of humanity with noses in smart phones. Sorry.

I look at it this way...communication has been improved but it's advancement over the past 100 years hasn't been extraordinary. Just a refinement of a Eureka discovery like radio.

Take transportation for example. The V6 model T Ford in 1912, ran 20mpg. The 2012 v6 f-150 still runs 20 mpg. Granted, the vehicle (F-150) is leaps and bounds 'technologically' over the 1912 model T. But that same underlying engine hasn't improve much in 100 yrs?

Does this analogy Jive?

Where are our "top" minds and most intelligent putting their efforts for human advancement? We really haven't seen much but better phones in the past 50 years. You'd think with a higher population having access to education and the fields of science, humanity's advancement would have exponentially grown the past 50 years.

In my mind it has stalled.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

American engineers are genetically engineering the enemy basically

What makes you think the Chinese are your enemies. All the Chinese I have ever met have been lovely people.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Oh im sure the Chinese are lovely people. A lot of Americans are lovely people to, although our culture is really going down the tubes. What the Chinese government does and the average Chinese person does are not the same.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
you need wisdom not just high IQ.
it will be thire down fall...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think this is great news!!! I want the ability to choose for my children to be brighter, or if I want to easily become even brighter myself, then it's my choice. I know not everybody wants this, but I'll respect their freedom to choose for themselves. Hopefully (now China is doing this) our Western political leadership, might actually give me that freedom to try stuff out.

I’m a spiritualist rather religious person, but to those who are truly religious (obedient worshipers of somebody else’s ancient text) then I respect your wisdom, and their God who doesn’t necessarily answer them. Maybe they can convert me? Maybe there is no way they can? But whatever the case: If I want kids who are going to more intelligently-easily lead productive lives, or if I want to end up adding IQ points to myself; then all I can is I’ll be kind-respectful towards those who prefer in the last millennium.

Hmm... This company is located in California. So china bought a genome research facility in California to produce super babies for China. Man this gets more interesting. American engineers are genetically engineering the enemy basically. Nice. I hope they are getting paid well.

What do you guys make of all this? This is scary....

Why is China the enemy? When was the last time they attacked anybody? Caused terrorism, sunk a ship, or indirectly caused the deaths of around a million Iraqis.
China is your enemy if you match MSM, but it is MSM which is your enemy. In reality China is a rational nuclear power, so are we, and so the only danger is calling them enemy becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. I understand they are a dictatorship but so what? We are hardly at our greatest period, of democracy respect.

What do you guys make of all this? This is scary....
Why is it scary? Because it’s change? Dinosaurs have many other things to be scared about too.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes..The Chinese are the first country to try this!...(Yeah right)

Ah so 2,000 of the world's smartest people gladly gave up their DNA or somehow, someway, the Chinese got a hair, skin follicle or some other form of DNA from these people?

Is this some joke? I didn't want to read through all your links I am basing this off what you wrote in your OP.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

A great many advances have taken place In technology, which is why my galaxy s3 has a processor that is faster than any laptop on the market 10 years ago.

Yea, no. The SOC in an s3 runs on RISC, not CISC. You can't compare the specs between the two to measure performance. The SOC in an S3 is MAYBE as good as a pentium2. We had much better performance out of laptops a decade ago.

Technology is able to do more with less, and it is accelerating, so that the doubling of processor power, and the halving of it size are about to hit the quantum level, where an entire mainframe computer will fit in a credit card sized device

I'll believe it when I see it.

In judt a few more years comouters will begin to become way smarter than their creators, and will begin designing other computers that even smarter than itself.

You must have mistyped along with the typos. I think you meant decades, not years. The fastest supercomputer in the world in a decade MAY be able to emulate a human brain, but it will take millions of times more juice to do it, and perhaps a half million times more space.

This is a reality, it is happening, it will continue. Man is ready augmenting itself with machines, tens of thousands already have chips emplanted in their brains, they help for parkinsons disease, and promise has been sown in many other areas.

We're in preliminary stages of implementing these technologies. It will take some time yet before we're full on "transhumanist" walking around, if we don't collapse civilization first.

Most folks are already carying around a cell or smart phone or tablet or laptop, is it so hard to imagine the same technology being implanted? Cant lose or have stolen skmthing that is internal, unless your counting the super evil organ snatcher type crimes.

The first world is not the whole world. Most people are not walking around with a cell, smart, tablet, or laptop. You must realize that these statistics on cell phone users are for subscriptions, not individuals. If I'm recalling correctly, the average individual with a cell phone has at least two subscriptions.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by onequestion

American engineers are genetically engineering the enemy basically

What makes you think the Chinese are your enemies. All the Chinese I have ever met have been lovely people.

They are. The biggest problem is that the national government of China will soon be the most powerful economy on earth, and for the first time since the end of the Spanish Hapsburg empire, the world's most powerful country will be an oligarchical dictatorship with philosophy opposed to the values of the Enlightenment.

When Carlos V was Emperor, it was a pretty screwed up place.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
They are not trying to alter genes but rather looking for genes that are linked to high IQ

They would then be able to screen embryos for the high IQ gene(s) and implant the embryos with those genes.

You could do the same thing by encouraging people with outstanding resume's to have children together. Selective breeding for intelligence could , I think, produce smarter children. If you did it for number of generations you might be able to affect the number of geniuses in your population.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

That's eugenics, though, and people know it's inherently evil.

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Things are not always as "they" inform us...Who is to say there isn't some american company behind this kind of research...You never know to what lenghts "they" go to avoid legal issues in their own country...and keep it from prying eyes.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We should have...still should, clone about 100 Einstiens. Of the 100, several would likely take the course Albert did and would be able to expand our technology by 100's of years. Even cloned, they would all be legitmate unique individual human beings and not be Einstein reborn. There is no telling what we might achieve with 100 Albert Einstien brains running around.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
We should have...still should, clone about 100 Einstiens. Of the 100, several would likely take the course Albert did and would be able to expand our technology by 100's of years. Even cloned, they would all be legitmate unique individual human beings and not be Einstein reborn. There is no telling what we might achieve with 100 Albert Einstien brains running around.

Xeven, So should we just clone 100 patent clerks, or a hundred thieves? Just wondering which one, or if it's both?

Listen my friend, Henri Poincaré was the pioneer of the theory of relativity, not Einstein, but we can also add in all the knowledge and scientific physics study that Einstein stole from many German Physicists. Von Braun was the true Einstein. Unfortunatley, he was a member of the Nazi Party.

Not that the fact that he was ever swayed us Americans, cause we did bring him into our club for the greater good.Also, Not to say that Albert Einstein was not an intelligent Man, without a doubt he was.

Unfortunately, That most likely will not fly with the internationalist mercenary deciders of these things abroad, or the yes man robots here who take their orders every single day from like minded deceivers.

China will take this to a higher level because they do not value the life of a female fetus like we do here, even though we have failed in that department as well. However, just not as pathetic as they have. ~$heopeNation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join