It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! Man predicts Pope Francis' name 48 hours BEFORE his election!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

1.2 billion catholics in the world care. That's roughly 1 out of every 4 people in the world.

And frankly, why did you even bother to reply to this thread? We are here to discuss the probabilities of a man guessing the name of the pope, not to keep spouting all the anti-catholic, self-righteous cr*p.

There are plenty of other threads where you can pour your vitriol, intolerance and spite against the church.

Seriously, if you don't like the topic, don't click on the thread!
edit on 14-3-2013 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

This is extraordinary and the odds of getting it right were HIGHLY unlikely, if you consider that never ever before in the history of the Church, had a pope taken the name Francis.

It was also highly unlikely that the Pope would choose this random guy's last name, allowing him to win his office pool:

Why I love the new pope

If highly unlikely things never happened, there would be only Unsuccess Kid.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Let me re-phrase that.

What I was trying to say is that if he was trying to support cardinal Arinze, maybe his sign would have said FRANCIS pope? And not FRANCESCO I.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Sorry...its a sore spot.
Also...1.7 billion people are the minority,not the majority.
The majority wants them to quit messing with kids and start living in the real world.

The pope can kiss my rosy behind....I am not going to think for one second that he is better then you or me or is an authority figure.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra
Some might misunderstand this as rejection of the idea that precognition etc. is possible, and of course that's not the case. The caveats against divination are based on the idea that you never know the source of such cognition and that it could be malignant.

So in other words...they still reject all forms of divination.

To me this guy looks to be a fan and supporting a particular 'candidate' and made a sign for him. I don't see how precognition is involved at all.

This is an election and Francis was his candidate.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I would agree with you, if not for the fact that he added the number "I" after Francesco, thus acknowledging that that would be the name of the next pope!! There were no "Francescos I" in the conclave

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this guy predicted the outcome way before anyone else.

He's gonna be argentinian, don't know exactly which one but i know this for sure, wait till it becomes true!

You're half right OP.

Posted February 17th 2013

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm going to keep posting this until I get some yelps here (EDIT:Hmmmm, I may have to make a separate thread about this, since nobody is commenting here or giving me pats on the back or on the front. Here is my new thread www.abovetopsecret.com... ): in FlyersFan Papal Prediction thread I said it would be a Canadian pope (wa wa wa) but said that he would choose a name that's never been taken before (ding ding ding, first new one since the year 972 or something). And I then said on that thread (or another one, I'm going to have to link the posts here) that the name would be that of a woman. (ding ding ding, Francis is a very feminine name). I'll scratch up the links.

EDIT: Just one link needed:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My entire post, on February 16th I believe. I think I capture the personality of Pope Francis too, and hope I am correct about what he will be doing in his time in office:

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for the listing of the Canadian Cardinals. I mentioned to someone just a few minutes ago that if one of them is elected, he may take the name Pope Henri .

The name of the new pope will be an interesting choice. I shall predict he'll choose one which hasn't been used before, maybe an honoring of a woman saint in some way. This will be a man who has an interesting hidden side, someone who is very progressive in many ways but doesn't show it now. When he gets to be "The Man" he'll let his real self shine through, and will be much loved and honored. This guy could be a real saint in sheep's clothing. I feel very optimistic about the new Pope, even though I'm now a happily lapsed and chased-away catholic, but loved the saints as a child. Drew pictures of them and read everything about them, or at least drew a great picture of angels (I haven't thought of my angel picture since I attached it somehow to my bedroom wall as a child of maybe 8 or 9).

Thanks for a good thread.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
"Francesco" =/ "Francis" This was not a prediction, not that he was even trying to predict.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

To be fair, they are the same if you use the right language.
I watched the announcement live.
The name was given in Latin as "Francesco primo".

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

No, it's not that simple. Again, they reject the PRACTICE of divination, generally speaking, but they certainly do acknowledge that precognition is a very real phenomenon (and that its source is not always or necessarily "tainted").
Still, this is a moot point, so let's leave it at that.

Like I said earlier, I don't know - or even care much - whether this person really did predict the name in advance. However, I doubt that the "Francesco" is referring to a candidate, because it is marked with the Roman numeral I - clearly referring to the papal name (not the candidate's given name) - and because it would make more sense to name the candidate with his surname, especially because there is more than one Francesco/ Francis/ François/ Franz etc. among the cardinals.

edit on 14-3-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
"Francesco" =/ "Francis" This was not a prediction, not that he was even trying to predict.

I am not sure I understand. Are you saying that his prediction (whether real or not) is not valid because he did not use the English variant of the Latin name Franciscus (or Francesco, in Italian... or Franz in German, or François in French)?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
How many other people were there with signs that had other names on it?

There were none.
It's not customary for people to walk around with proposed papal names on banners.
Or if it is, it must be a very, very, very recent custom.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey look....... it's Joseph and his amazing technicolor dreamcoat

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I am not sure I understand. Are you saying that his prediction (whether real or not) is not valid because he did not use the English variant of the Latin name Franciscus (or Francesco, in Italian... or Franz in German, or François in French)?

The english wikipedia entry is "Pope Francis", so I guess that's his "real" name for all time, at least in the cloud of English cyberspace.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
is this new pope married? perhaps he has a son, which he told "If I ever become pope, I'll take the name Francis"

or considering he was a runner up last time, he would of considered a name and perhaps told some people close to him that would be the name he would choose and this guy is a supporter?

Catholic popes, priests, cardinals, etc. are not allowed to marry. They are considered as married to god....

It looks to me like the sign says Francesco I Papa meaning "Francesco THE pope." I may be wrong...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
How many other people were there with signs that had other names on it?

There were none.
It's not customary for people to walk around with proposed papal names on banners.
Or if it is, it must be a very, very, very recent custom.

None?!? How do you know?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
And this is why we shouldn't take prophecy seriously, i mean with the quantity of people making
prediction and the limited amount of candidates its just mind boggling
that someone had the ability to guess, that's like what 1 in a couple
thousand odds, you just don't see that every day.
edit on 15-3-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 59demon

English = Francis
Italian = Francesco
Spanish = Francisco
Latin = Franciscus

"Francesco" is in Italian, "the" would be "il" not "i"*, and "papa" is Italian. So his banner says Pope Francis I

Officially the Pope is Francis, not Francis I, it will be changed to Francis I if another pope takes the name Francis.

I am amazed at the people here that cannot admit that this guy pulled off an amazing prediction!!!!

Instead of wanting to know who this guy is and how he knew, they are trying to debunk the story with ignorant statements.

I WANT TO KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS! I almost want to fly to Rome and try to find him and pick his brains, if I had the money I probably would.

This was an amazing prediction!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

The english wikipedia entry is "Pope Francis", so I guess that's his "real" name for all time, at least in the cloud of English cyberspace.

Huh? Why would the "cloud of English cyberspace" be relevant to that apparently Italian-speaking guy holding the banner?
Or to anyone outside said cloud, for that matter?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join