Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Whoa! Man predicts Pope Francis' name 48 hours BEFORE his election!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

I just found this out and wanted to share with you, as it is really freaky!

Apparently, an argentinian journalist tweeted this picture he took outside St. Peter's Basilica on March the 11th, (i.e. a whole 48 hours before the pope was elected!!!) of a man holding a sign accurately calling the next Pope Francis I!!

This is extraordinary and the odds of getting it right were HIGHLY unlikely , if you consider that never ever before in the history of the Church, had a pope taken the name Francis.

You can see the original tweet here.

As far as i know, it is very difficult to forge the time marks at twitter, and in any case, these news are already making the rounds in most of the spanish speaking MSM of the world. In other words, this picture is for real!!

What do you guys think?? Coincidence or are we before a proven prediction!?!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That's a little too unlikely to be just a coincidence. That's really strange. A man just randomly guesses that he'll be the first to pick Francis? I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Strange coincidence alright, stranger yet, that was an Argentinian journalist to publish it at March 11.

If you care to know at March 04, I predicted here that the pope was being elected in March 13. At the time it wasn't known the conclave date. All of this suported by The new moon conspiracy
edit on 14-3-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Catholic Church rejects the notion of psychics and other forms of divination.

The Pope would probably call it a 'lucky guess' from a fan.

- Lee
edit on 14-3-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It is not unlikely for popes do discuss names they will choose prior to being pope?

When I was watching it all unfold on tv a bbc vatican reporter had correctly predicted who it was going to be 2 days before.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
is this new pope married? perhaps he has a son, which he told "If I ever become pope, I'll take the name Francis"

or considering he was a runner up last time, he would of considered a name and perhaps told some people close to him that would be the name he would choose and this guy is a supporter?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whether this instance is true or not, I can assure you (because I heard it with my own ears) there was at least one other person who predicted the name correctly more than 24 hours before the election. No, no pictures, no tweets, nobody has to believe to it and the whole affair is probably irrelevant to you, but it is the truth nevertheless, so I thought I'd mention it.
Stranger things have happened.

edit on 14-3-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Actually maybe he was rooting for cardinal Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa of Chile
he was also a contender!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Or maybe then man was showing support for Francis Arinze (Nigeria) who was considered a front runner right up to when the new pope was announced?

Nah, couldn't be.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Aren't there supposed to be like 1.2 billion Catholics? Why is it so amazing that one person (prolly many more than that) supported and predicted the new pope in advance? Or am I missing something?
edit on 14-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
How many other people were there with signs that had other names on it? Get enough monkeys on typewriters.....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
The Catholic Church rejects the notion of psychics and other forms of divination.

The Pope would probably call it a 'lucky guess' from a fan.

- Lee
edit on 14-3-2013 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

Some might misunderstand this as rejection of the idea that precognition etc. is possible, and of course that's not the case. The caveats against divination are based on the idea that you never know the source of such cognition and that it could be malignant.

edit on 14-3-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
1 billion care, 100(?) potential new popes

1 million in every 1 billion would be correct?

what about of 1 billion who could predict it, potentially 7 billion that dont care could have also, so 7*1,000,000 would also be right?!

meh

Edit: i messed up my math before, sorry if you quoted my old text, i think its right now.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
He was second in voting in '05 and his selection seems, at least to me, politically motivated. Good on him for picking correctly, but I'm not overly impressed.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Or maybe then man was showing support for Francis Arinze (Nigeria) who was considered a front runner right up to when the new pope was announced?

Nah, couldn't be.

Yeah, I don't think so either. The man is holding a sign with the name Francesco, which is quite different from Francis.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

He might just be a supporter of Pope Francis.. And supporting him with a banner..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
2 words.
Who cares??

The Pope should try to get the rest to quit diddling kids....then i will care.
I am really sick of hearing about the Catholic church covering this crap up while pretending to be holy.
The last pope was a douche and i am sure its like politics...just more of the same BS.

I wish these people would just get back under that rock in which they crawled out from.

WHO CARES?????????
These people are douches.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
He was second in voting in '05 and his selection seems, at least to me, politically motivated. Good on him for picking correctly, but I'm not overly impressed.

The voting in the sistine chapel is held under oath of secrecy and penalty of ex-communication, so those are rumors. Even though I am not impressed that Bergoglio got elected, I am frankly impressed with the fact that the man in the picture got the name right, especially when Francis had never been chosen before.

Nice avatar, btw!! I love Bukowski!
edit on 14-3-2013 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Montana

Nah, couldn't be.

My thoughts exactly Im sure he was just tryin to cheer on his favorite for the nomination, considering there was another guy named Franchesco...If you think this guy predicted the next pope, then I have a bunch of pictures of potential prophets who knew Obama would win the presidency in 08'&2012'.....
edit on 14-3-2013 by LemaEcho because: I fudged up.....
edit on 14-3-2013 by LemaEcho because: oops did it again

link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht

Yeah, I don't think so either. The man is holding a sign with the name Francesco, which is quite different from Francis.

Umm,
dude, wow....

Wiki

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join