Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Whoa! Man predicts Pope Francis' name 48 hours BEFORE his election!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If this is a gay activist, the man in the picture is making a political statement - not a prediction. He's picked the name for the same reason Pope Francis did. The Church is severely devided on many issues.
edit on 15-3-2013 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Some Spanish Wizard Predicted the New Pope’s Name a Few Hours Before the Previous Pope Resigned

According to a tweet sent out by Yolanda De Mena of Madrid on the morning of February 11th, her boyfriend Alejandro Rodriguez woke her up very early that same day and told her he had just had a dream about a new Pope named Francisco I.

A few hours later, Pope Benedict XVI resigned his post, and, one month later, a new pope named Francis I — Francisco I among Spanish speakers — was installed in his place.

De Mena's tweet began spreading around Twitter today, amassing tens of thousands of retweets in a matter of hours.

The incredible prognostication propelled Rodriguez to international fame, as several media outlets in Spanish and South America picked up on the massive "spoiler."

gawker.com...

(the above was even more incredible... tweeted on FEBRUARY 11)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Actually maybe he was rooting for cardinal Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa of Chile
he was also a contender!

Yep .. gotta' go with this.
We don't know if the fella was making a prediction or not. But the more likely thing is that he was casting his vote (so to say) for who he wanted as pope. There was a lot of that going on around the Vatican before the conclave.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Actually maybe he was rooting for cardinal Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa of Chile
he was also a contender!

Yep .. gotta' go with this.
We don't know if the fella was making a prediction or not. But the more likely thing is that he was casting his vote (so to say) for who he wanted as pope. There was a lot of that going on around the Vatican before the conclave.

And the tweet from the Spanish girl on February 11 ?

How do you explain that?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

From the same source you linked.... that poster also predicts the following below.

Also, my last prediction, I SWEAR, focus on Syria, war's gonna end in 2-3 months, then Israel will move to Iran, then everything ends.

Things will go like this. # hits the fan, war with Iran, NK, China, Russia. Probably nuclear. A lot of people will die, Rome will be destroyed (to be confirmed, prophecised). Esentially almost everything prophecised regarding this will become real (pre-planned). Also the new world's religious center will move to Bucharest, Romania. To this place -> [link to www.sector5.ro] If you won't see any post from me again, remember. I was a dude from Bucharest, 19 years old. Bye guys.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
But the more likely thing is that he was casting his vote (so to say) for who he wanted as pope.

But that doesn't make any sense. There is nobody among the cardinals called "Francesco I".
If he was rooting for a cardinal, he would have used his surname (not only because there is more than one "Frank" among the cardinals, but because it's the logical and polite thing to do).
Of course, that's assuming he is a logical and polite person.

edit on 15-3-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

EXACTLY!!

I could not have said it better!!

THANK YOU!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Conan O'Brien predicted it would be francis 3-4 days prior ....so hands down, Conan wins.

ANd he's a comedian with his own show. This guy is just some average joe w/ a sign.

Conan wins!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Francesco means Francis in Italian my friend. As Papa means Father but is also used for Pope.

You're Welcome

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
is this new pope married?

hmm maybe you should inform yourself... I hope you are not serious about this

btw... maybe he just wanted to cheer for some other cardinal by the name of francesco, francis... whatever...
for example this: Francesco Coccopalmerio, Francesco Monterisi or Francisco Robles Ortega... all on the list of the cardinals at the conclave.
there is no where written that the next pope will be francis I. there is written something like "Francis THE pope"
edit on 15-3-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

it's not that difficult to predict the next pope. In fact, an insider Vatican journalist predicted Francis to be the next pope. If you cut through the hype on twitter and other social media, and actually attain inside information, it is possible to predict these votes. In fact Francis was slatted as the runner up of the last Vatican vote.

As for this man, there could be a chance he is simply Argentinian or a fan of Francis and wanted him to become the next pope. No big deal.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I found an old blog from 2005 (!!) where someone "predicted" Jorge Bergoglio as the new pope, based on this ominous "black peope" prophecy allegedly made by Nostradamus.

The guy mentioned it might have to do with the Jesuits and rather a prophecy that a Jesuit would become pope (and not a "black" man) and then also mentioned Bergoglio as a possible pope. This was a blog from 2005.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
He knew because --- St. Francis of Assisi (Italian: San Francesco d'Assisi, baptized Giovanni, born Francesco di Pietro di Bernardone; ... Literally translated, Francis Peter the Roman!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I think this guy was supporting Pope Francis (known as Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, before his appointment).

The guy predicted that he would pick the name Francis I as his papal name because he knew that Bergoglio was a Jesuit, and probably figured that he would pick a name after Saint Francis Xavier - a notable Jesuit missionary.

CASE CLOSED

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

/sigh...several posts along the lines of "wasn't he a frontrunner and the runner up last time?" etc....the Pope chsnges his name when he becomes Pope. His name wasn't Frances before. Another 1st page post asking whether he was married...Popes, Priests, Cardinals, Bishops...never marry. Deacons can be married, but can't become Pope.

Anyhow, I'm with another 1st-page poster - probably supporting a guy named Francis/Frances. The other possibility I see is that people analyze what they thing the new Pope is going to want to intimate through his new chosen name, and somebody divined (through logic and luck, not magic) what the new Pope would choose for his name.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkoperative

I think this guy was supporting Pope Francis (known as Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, before his appointment).

The guy predicted that he would pick the name Francis I as his papal name because he knew that Bergoglio was a Jesuit, and probably figured that he would pick a name after Saint Francis Xavier - a notable Jesuit missionary.

CASE CLOSED

Finally a plausible alternative theory.

ATS guidleines say to try and avoid short posts, so I have been combining them, but it seems some people wont read anything longer than one line so here it is again:

Francesco is Italian, Papa is Italian, if the banner said francis for pope it would have said "Francesco il Papa" or "Francesco IL Papa" or "Francesco Il Papa" depending on his use of capitals and uncials. That is the name "Francis" followed by the letters i and l, followed by the word "Papa". His banner says "Francis I Pope", not "Francis for Pope". Francesco and Papa are singular, "i" is plural and does not agree with the rest of the grammar (il is singular).

edit on 16/3/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

as i asked on the other thread - is twitter REALLY imune to fraud ?

further - why did this tail only ` break ` on 14th MARCH 2013 ??????????? when EVERYONE knew who the new pope was , and what his chosen title was

i have searched ATS - and other sites - and zero - no one brought this up before

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Some Spanish Wizard Predicted the New Pope’s Name a Few Hours Before the Previous Pope Resigned

According to a tweet sent out by Yolanda De Mena of Madrid on the morning of February 11th, her boyfriend Alejandro Rodriguez woke her up very early that same day and told her he had just had a dream about a new Pope named Francisco I.

A few hours later, Pope Benedict XVI resigned his post, and, one month later, a new pope named Francis I — Francisco I among Spanish speakers — was installed in his place.

De Mena's tweet began spreading around Twitter today, amassing tens of thousands of retweets in a matter of hours.

The incredible prognostication propelled Rodriguez to international fame, as several media outlets in Spanish and South America picked up on the massive "spoiler."

gawker.com...

(the above was even more incredible... tweeted on FEBRUARY 11)

The fact that he was sleeping with his girlfirend makes him a bad Catholic - committing a mortal sin, risking his soul to go to eternal hell fire. What does this say about the source of the dream? To me it says it was not pro-Catholic as a pro-Catholic force would reveal these predictions to good Catholics, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by GLontra

as i asked on the other thread - is twitter REALLY imune to fraud ?

further - why did this tail only ` break ` on 14th MARCH 2013 ??????????? when EVERYONE knew who the new pope was , and what his chosen title was

i have searched ATS - and other sites - and zero - no one brought this up before

Because the prediction hadnt come true till after the Pope took his new name.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Whoa... Youre not very smart are you? 4 billion people in the world.. 4 billion guesses.. ONE person guessed it right on a 1000:1 odds.
O M G.. does this mean that people actually win the lottary as well? It sure does buddy... every day!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution