It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens 'Merciless' Retaliation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

North Korea Threatens 'Merciless' Retaliation

uk.news.yahoo.com

North Korea has confirmed it has pulled out of an armistice with its "enemies" and added the next step was an act of "merciless" military retaliation.

In a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency, the armed forces ministry argued that the real "warmongering" was coming from the US and its "puppets" in South Korea.

"They would be well advised to keep in mind that the armistice agreement is no longer valid and (North Korea) is not restrained by the North-South declaration on non-aggression," it said.

"What is left to be done now is an action of justice an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Jesus, they really seem to want to ramp things up. I thought it had started to quieten down a bit but now this? Thing is, i cant understand what they are threatening "Merciless retaliation" for? Has something happened during the US exercises we don't know about?

As usual, apologies if already posted, couldn't see it on search

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure they've made it clear that these sanctions being placed upon them are the main contributor to their hostility at this time.

Or.. Aliens.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Translation:
"Waaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaah"

I think glorious leader wants a baby bottle

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

The trouble with the latest Lil Kim is that he is making so much warlike rhetoric about the South and the US that his own people will think he is a total bag of wind if he does not follow up his threats by actions.

That is what worries me.
I have met some fantastic folks from South Korea,and would hate to see them attacked by that fool in the North.
Lets hope he is all talk,but I am not so sure these days.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I don't know how worried about North Korea I am. I thought the last time they launched a rocket it was the equivalent of those Estes model rockets I built when I was 8 years old that go up a hundred feet or so and tumble back down to the ground with a parachute.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
how many times have we heard the 'we will crush our enemies mercilessly' rhetoric from NK? so many that if and when they actually follow through with their bluster, most of us would just shrug and say 'same old same old'?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeWeAre

I used to LOVE those!! Played for hours with water powered rockets and parachutes. Kids today wouldn't play with them for 5 minutes without getting bored

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing another saturation dumb down thread about another Evil Empire and Bad President with WMD...

Ya - Hoooooooo!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The trouble with being brought up believing you are a demi god and you are loved
Is you believe you are a demi god and you are loved,
that the world listens when you fart.

Some one needs to grow a pair and tell him the truth,

Volunteers ?

One big stink and a massive wake up call on NK's way

I'm just sorry for the populace

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I believe this is intended to be posturing by a new 'supreme' leader, trying to show his people that he has some muscle to flex.

I think what this is going to turn into is nothing that NK wants anything to do with. They are getting dangerously close to the 'put up or shut up' line, and when that comes, it's a lose-lose situation for them.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

it may have something to do with our fingers in everyones pie. it dont matter what threat they have, i dont see anywhere what they have done to us. USA master instigator lvl 100.
STAR.
edit on 13-3-2013 by ACONCERNEDCITIZEN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"You better stand down or we will try to launch our new nuke, which we think might launch ok, and we're pretty sure it will go at least a little ways, so watch out!"

not an exact NK quote...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeWeAre

No, in February of this year, a seismic event (4.9-5.1 on the Richter Scale) was recorded by Asian seismologists in the area of previous nuke tests in North Korea and North Korea announced that they had performed an underground nuclear test. The estimates for the size of the possible nuclear weapon were anywhere between 6 to 40 kilotons. So, just a bit bigger and more deadly than your typical backyard rocket.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I believe what has upset them is the U.S. said if they launch a nuke at us or our allies we will respond using any weapons we choose in our inventory. They know they are screwed if they try some crap like this. The problem now is the little fat kid has ran his mouth so he will have to do something to show he is powerful and feared in the world. The U.S. said they are not worried about anything he might try, however they are concerned over these mobile missles that can be hidden and moved about and then pulled out when needed. They started moving them around now so they have screwed up because we can watch where they put them. If he had kept them hidden we probably wouldn't have known where they were. Too late. The fat kid has shown what an excellent military leader he is once again. He is a true genius!

I heard he has stated that he is going on vacation in two months so I guess he figures he can start a war and finish in two months, or else he will just fire a few artilliary shells at some women on an island and then hope like hell China steps in to stop it from escalating diplomatically.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
here is a glimpse of their mentality nwww.koreaherald.com... from the link

N.K. says South Korea “not qualified” to discuss armistice

Published : 2013-03-13 13:49
Updated : 2013-03-13 13:55
North Korea on Wednesday dismissed South Korea’s claim that the armistice agreement remains valid, arguing that the South is not qualified to discuss the matter.

“The (South Korean) puppets that worked as a tool for America and drove the Korean Peninsula to the brink of war should not be shamelessly discussing the current problem,” the Rodong Sinmun, the daily of the North’s ruling Workers’ Party, said. “Furthermore, the South Korean puppets are not even the directly involved party in the armistice.”

The newspaper added that truce agreements are not retained by words and can be made void by actions, saying that the United States and South Korea are responsible for the tensions in the peninsula.

Pyongyang warned last week that it will scrap the armistice agreement that ended the 1950-53 Korean War, in protest of the annual South Korea-U.S. Key Resolve exercise. It also cut off the inter-Korean communication hotline that runs through the truce village of Panmunjom as of Monday.

South Korea’s foreign ministry said Tuesday that the truce remains valid, saying that the terms of the agreement cannot be unilaterally terminated.

By Yoon Min-sik
([email protected])
well hate to tell you this but your telling the death and blind that, DPRK does not want the truth at this point.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
The trouble with being brought up believing you are a demi god and you are loved
Is you believe you are a demi god and you are loved,
that the world listens when you fart.

Some one needs to grow a pair and tell him the truth,

Volunteers ?

One big stink and a massive wake up call on NK's way
hI'm just sorry for the populace

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he is actually starting to believe his own propaganda. He was schooled in Europe so you would think he would know he is not the genius people think he is in NK. I would like to know what people thought of him that went to school with him. Has anybody ever heard any of them speak out about this fat kid with the big mouth? I used to feel sorry for the people of NK, but in the last few weeks I've decided that they have what's coming to them. I felt the same way about Iran, but you know if any body had balls in NK they would overthrow this family and have a coup. They are just too scared and don't think they won't kill some Americans if they got the chance.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
how many times have we heard the 'we will crush our enemies mercilessly' rhetoric from NK? so many that if and when they actually follow through with their bluster, most of us would just shrug and say 'same old same old'?

True...someone needs to gift Baby Kim with a Thesaurus, so they can change up their vocabulary.....

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Would someone please drop a mortar and the little fat dweebs head already, please! I am not in favor of a single war we are currently involved in. I would however completely support the assassination of the turd monkey.

He is simply talking too much # to avoid getting his ass kicked in my world. Don't bomb all of North Korea, don't go to war, just fly over one of the dreaded drones and drop a damn missile on his head for craps sake.

I simply don't get why he is allowed to talk so much trash, while in possession of nuke technology. We tore Iraq a new ass over much less.......... I know the answer, NK has nothing we want. But do we have to make it so damn obvious that we only go to war with Countries that have resources?

edit on 13-3-2013 by Mamatus because: Mad as hell

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
I'm fairly sure they've made it clear that these sanctions being placed upon them are the main contributor to their hostility at this time.

Unfortunately the sanctions have done more to harm the starving people of North Korea than the regime.

If it is beginning to hurt the regime, the pain for the well hidden starving people of NK must be unimaginably severe now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join