It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens 'Merciless' Retaliation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by Beartracker16

Didn't you know that the US already aids NK's citizens?

So true. Plus, that aid we send them never makes it to the *people*...it goes to those that are *chosen* to receive it.

Military being at the head of the meager rice line.....some traded for arms to other third world countries.

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Precisely.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The only reason the North is so militarized is because we wiped out 3 million of their citizens..

Who would forget that??
Would that make you less inclined to become militarized or would you put up your defenses and rhetoric even more...

Agreed. Which also plays to the real intent... to make them look the bad guy for "over reacting". It is the US in fact which occupies half their country. Imagine the military surrounding your house and pointing guns at you for 60 plus years. That would make anyone crazy.

We made them who they are. We are to blame for their posture. Now we sink to a new low and accuse them of trying to "start a war".

Judging by the majority response here, the MSM has done its job.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You obviously have very strong feelings that my Country made N.Korea what it is today. I suggest you move there, and get them all straightened out...fix them. so they stop starving their own people.

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

You do know that she is the daghter of Park Chung-hee en.wikipedia.org... aka the military american puppet dictator .

South Korea elects first female president, daughter of ex-dictator RT SK dictator link

That is bound to extract the urine out of Kimmy, there families have been fuding for the last centuary with murders assasinations and deaths blamed on both sides...

On January 21, 1968, the 31-man Unit 124 of North Korean People's Army special forces commandos attempted to assassinate Park and nearly succeeded. They were stopped just 800 metres from the Blue House by a police patrol. A fire fight broke out and all but two of the North Koreans were killed or captured. In response to the assassination attempt, Park organized the Unit 684. This group was intended to assassinate Kim Il-Sung but was disbanded in 1971

The south koreans i speak too believe that there are no fair elections in SK, and that they are a puppet nation at the whim of the US, dont get me wrong they prefer this to NK and kimmy rule, but non the less they wish the USA would mind their own business, same s**t diffrent day i suppose....
edit on 13-3-2013 by larapa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They have to use this kind of rhetoric in order to create fear because North Korean people might one day wake up and start to wonder why their children are hungry.

Long live mouth diarrhea

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Holy Crap! Are you trolling me?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Holy Crap! Are you trolling me?

Not at all. I'm suggesting you do something about your opinion, that the U.S. is solely responsible for the current situation in N. Korea, Put your actions where your words are....go over there and do something constructive to help them. I'm sure they would appreciate any aid they can fear monger out of anyone at this point.

Wouldn't that be more helpful than wasting your time bashing my country on ATS. If you want to call that trolling...that is your problem.

Des

edit on 13-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So,.. we go in to Pakistan and take out the alleged evildooer after years of
supossed chase...
This little kim un willingly starves his people, makes threats, vocal and nuclear
and we do nothing...
Seal team 6... where are you..
make them disappear and free the slaves

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

North Korean gangsters caused the situation back in 1950, and then
the Chinese for getting involved.

It would have all been over then if it had been down to the United Nations.

North attacked got to the South coast of SK and were being thoroughly beaten before
China go involved and a ceasefire agreed.

To blame the United States for the mess over there is Ignorant.

I'm with you in this Des

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeWeAre

Not true. They have a handful of rockets that can reach California, and they can damn sure deliver a nuke anywhere in South Korea! I believe Iran is behind the continued rhetoric. It's somewhat of a diversion for them. I also feel that when Israel attacks Iran they will probably tell him to pull the trigger. We are stretched so thin as it is. Almost all carriers Re parked on the East Coast. Israel attack Iran and all the different contingents attack around the world including Kim on The South. The perfect lenchpin to crash the stock market (at least 60%), economy collapse, $1,000 loaves of bread, solar flares, meteors, woolly mammoths running in the streets, bird sized mosquitoes, damn it's gonna be a hell of a summer. I need a drink.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'm suggesting you do something about your opinion,

Telling people what to do... uh yah, that would be trolling. I'm not going anywhere.

Maybe you could tell me why the US military feels it necessary to have occupied the Korean Peninsula for the last 60 plus years?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

To protect the South Korean people from the
North Korean psycho killers.... Do you need
a better reason than that?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So apparently it looks like North Korea actually fired some shells today.

Wonder if they are trying to escalate?

North Korea's leader overseas artillery fire.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beartracker16
NK wants to be beaten so it can apply for international aid.
So the rest of the world can feed its citizens

I've been thinking of a theory somewhere along these lines too. What if this is all part of Kim jong uns plan to get his country out of this mess without looking weak. I don't really know how this might work. But everyone seemed to be going on about how kim jong un will be better than his father because he was educated in switerland and this will be a good thing, now all this happens, but maybe it's all part of the plan?
Call me crazy but I think I like kim (apart from all his evil doings) especially that picture of him on a horse. When he smiles he looks so innocent!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

To protect the South Korean people from the
North Korean psycho killers.... Do you need
a better reason than that?

"Psycho killers"...lol

Aren't they all Korean? How do you justify violating any countries national sovereignty, again?

We are protecting our access to the land mass of Asia by occupying the southern half of the Korean Peninsula. Quite strategic, no? And the real reason we are there.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Why we are in Korea

there you go...

Stop trolling..

read and learn...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Oh just shut up and start it already ....... so we can finish it!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It becomes more of a worry when one sees reports like this from Defencenews.com

SEOUL — North Korean jet fighters have flown an “unprecedented” number of sorties in recent days in apparent response to a joint South Korean-U.S. military exercise, a report said Wednesday.

The number of sorties by fighter jets and helicopters peaked at 700 on Monday, the same day the “Key Resolve” exercise was launched, Yonhap news agency cited a military source as saying. The volume of flight missions “is seen as unprecedented in scale,” the unidentified source said.

The South Korean Defense Ministry declined to confirm the report but reiterated that the North’s army, navy and air force were carrying out drills ahead of an expected statewide exercise.

Defencen ews article

Is it all for show and more chest thumping or is it a cover/prep for an attack against the South?

what would North Korea gain from such an attack?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Brogue

I hear China is rather upset about NK's barking,.
Should the rest of the world be worried? I'd say no

NK has little to offer the world,. the UN and company will over rule this little
tyrant and shut him up,. even after he tries a mindless stunt of young tantrum.

South Korea knows this,. and the rest of the world is backing it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join